“We loved Mary Poppins!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of New Amsterdam Theater

New Amsterdam Theater
214 West 42nd St, New York City, NY 10036-7202 (Midtown)
(212) 282-2900
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #84 of 1,633 things to do in New York City
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: The lavish decor of the Walt Disney theater is the perfect setting for the popular play production of The Lion King.
Granby, Connecticut
15 attraction reviews
“We loved Mary Poppins!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

I booked Mary Poppins at the New Amsterdam Theater as my children's first New York City show. Since I wasn't sure how the kids would do, I didn't want to spend a lot. We had front row right balcony. These were great for them to be able to see. We did have to look down to see the stage but it was not at all uncomfortable. I would agree with other reviewers that leg room is very tight. Don't bring along a lot of packages and things, as you will be very uncomfortable. The show itself was wonderful! I had gotten the dvd ahead of time to watch at home and it was great to see one of my daughters singing along to the songs she had learned. The best part is that Mary flies up to the right and if you sit on the right side, she'll fly right by. This was certainly the highlight of our New York weekend and I would recommend it for any child over age 5 or 6 who can sit still for two and a half hours with a short intermission.

Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
16 attraction reviews
“Mary Poppins was a spectacular fit for this theatre.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012 via mobile

Mary Poppins was spectacular. From the everchanging dollhouse sets to the singing, dancing, acting, it was one of the best shows I've seen. Lot to take in, but it is a show for all ages to enjoy. The enployees were great, friendly & the theatre beautiful.

Akron, Ohio
9 attraction reviews
“Mary Poppins was worth the price.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

The show was great for the entire family. Actors and singing were spot on and my kids loved the characters and special effects. First time on Broadway for the family.

Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
7 attraction reviews
“Great Customer Service!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

What can i say it was our daughters 11th birthday and she hasn't been feeling well recently and we purchased tickets to go see Mary Poppins in NYC at the New Amsterdam Theater. When we arrived at will cal my wife explained our situation to the man at the window about our Daughter and her not doing so well and it being her Birthday and all. My wife inquired to see if there was anything that could be done to make her night more magical. Well let me tell you the gentleman that was working that night could not have done better in our wildest imagination. He got her front row WOW!! incredible human being and great customer service. That guy deserves a raise and a promotion. the only thing i regret is that we did not get his name.

Dublin, Ireland
22 attraction reviews
“A spoon full of Sugar !!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

Went to two shows earlier in the week Jersey Boys and Spiderman. Mary Poppins was playing in New Amsterdam opposite where 'Spiderman' was playing. My wife decided she would like to see 'Mary Poppins'. We went on Friday 7th Dec 2012, excellent show, wonderful sets, wonderful cast,music and well loved songs set in a beautiful theatre Well worth a visit. 'Oldies' but 'goodies'