“Pam Ann show” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Joe's Pub

Joe's Pub
425 Lafayette St, at the Joseph Papp Public Theater, New York City, NY (Manhattan)
212-539-8777
Certificate of Excellence 2014
6 attraction reviews
“Pam Ann show”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

I booked 3 tickets for pam Ann which we all love and find hilarious. However I was utterly disgusted to find once we were seated by our hostess that we had to purchase a 2 drink or $12 per person min. This after spending $300 in the restaurant. This was resolved after a discussion with a very rude manager.

The venue was very presentable and laid out very well to see her present however I found that the venue smelt and not in a good way!!!!

Tokyo, Japan
56 attraction reviews
“Intimate theater with some class!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

We saw Pam Ann here on New Years Eve, and were surprised to see what a gorgeous, stylish venue this is. Small theater - you go online and click on your seats by viewing a map - and tickets were just $50. We didn't understand that there was a food menu; we could have had dinner here, and the dishes looked good. Drinks were expensive and frou-frou, but helped us get through a fairly dreadful show (no fault of Joe's Pub). We thought the service was pretty good, though suddenly everyone in the place gets their bill and it takes a little time to pay.

Visited December 2013
new york
“Good show, poor service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

I got tickets to see the great Sandra Bernhard here and was very pleased with her and the show. The venue was crowded but intimate which is nice because you get to really see the performance. My issue was with our seats, mine in particular, and the rude service. When I booked the tickets I was able to choose the seats I wanted at our table. When we arrived I found that our table was round, not square and since one person was already at our table that left 3 seats; two facing the stage and one with its back to the stage. I took that seat because I wanted my guests to be comfortable. WHY would there be a seat set up with its back to the stage???

We mentioned it to the server and she said "I'm only a waitress so I can't help you". At first I spent part of the show with my body twisted so I could see but I was extremely uncomfortable and kept having to move for the servers to walk by. Eventually I just turned my chair and I was blocking the TINY path the servers had to get around the tables but I didn't care any more at that point because it took them forever to take our drink order and then to deliver our drinks. Our server was not at all pleasant.

Overall the venue was small and intimate ( a plus) but they try and cram WAY too many tables and people in and our server was rude. In the future, IF I go back, I will know where not to sit.

Visited December 2013
Fairfax, Virginia
30 attraction reviews
“Nice Evening with Loser's Lounge Tribute”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Easy to find Joe's pub from subway. Had tickets to the Loser's Lounge tribute to John Lennon. We had picked seats earlier via the Joe's Pub website and had a table for two. Good acoustics and enjoyed the show. You could end up sharing a table and it is close seating so easy to get to know your neighbor. The food and drink was questionable though. My wifes white house pinot grigio was bad but she didnt send it back. My glass of red malbec was just OK and we just got a cheese plater which was extremely small. Think we had to spend $12 per person as a minimum. Easy to do as the wines were each about $14.. Think when we return we'd just get bottled beer and skip the wines. Nice venue though.

Visited October 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
326 attraction reviews
1,147 helpful votes 1,147 helpful votes
“Here for Patrizio's concert.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Wow what a venue! Great acoustics. Just the right lighting creates the setting for an intimate show with your favorite artist. Tables are well-spaced with enough room to dance for the Mambo Italiano number. Friendly service. Our calamari and cheese plates paired perfectly with our bottle of red wine.

Visited September 2013