“Laughed until the tears rolled down my cheeks.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Gotham Comedy Club

Gotham Comedy Club
208 W. 23rd Street, New York City, NY 10011 (Chelsea)
212.367.9000
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #30 of 784 Nightlife in New York City
Type: Bar/ Clubs, Comedy Clubs, Theaters, Clubs
More attraction details
Owner description: Leading comedy club and host to top talent.
Johnstone, Scotland
56 attraction reviews
“Laughed until the tears rolled down my cheeks.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2010

What an excellent night at the Gotham Comedy Club. Compère with two acts before the main comedian of the night. On the night it was Macio and this man has talent, non stop laughing during the whole of his act. I was concerned that the drinks would be expensive but my concern was unfounded, they are sensibly priced and soft drinks are included in the two drink minimum.

MrsBGray
22 attraction reviews
“Great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2009

We were originally going to go to Caroline's on Broadway but they were sold out for both shows we want to go see. So we decided to try Gotham Comedy Club. It was a quick ride to Chelsea and the location was very nice. It looks tiny from the outside but it is a good size from the inside. It is modern and nice. The atmosphere was good. There is a 2 drink min. PP and they charge you for everything at the end of the night (that includes your tickets for the show). They also recommend you make reservations before hand, so we did but there was a few empty tables left. The show itself was really good. No major headliners but it was really good for $22.00 pp.

I would go again.

New York
“Do Not Waste Your Time!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2008

Bad, Bad, Bad....Did I mention BAD?

Bad experience. We were thrown out within the first 20 minutes of the show...Why? we are still trying to figure that one out. My brother was in for out of town and we wanted to have some laughs...WRONG!

Seriously, save your self some time, some money and go to a real comedy club. There are plenty of better ones in NYC...you dont need to bother yourself with this one.

Michigan
12 attraction reviews
“2nd favorite thing we did”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2008

My daughter and I made our first trip to NYC and went to the Gotham Comedy Club on a Saturday night. Mitch Fatel was the headliner. We had a blast. It was sprinkling outside so we were pleased that we could go in and wait downstairs in the bar. We ended up sharing a table with a couple from Long Island and enjoyed chatting with them (we're from Michigan). The host and the 3 comics were all hilarious. We just had drinks because we had a late dinner so we didn't sample any of the food. The charge was $22 per person with a two drink minimum. I thought it was worth every penny. I can't remember ever laughing nonstop through a show like that. The place was easy to get to by subway. You can see the club as soon as you come out on the street and glance down the block. In case you're wondering, the most favorit thing we did was Regis & Kelly.

Ireland
“Not a good experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2008

Never again. I was booked into visit Gotham by my hotel in NYC. On arrival we were allocated a 4 person table for myself and my husband. As the club was very busy we were asked to give up one of our 4 seats to accomadate a big growp of 5 beside us. That was no problem. Just before the show started we asked to squash into the couch (space for one person) and to give up one another two seats for another couple - with my husband and I seated on one seat. We complained to the manager and hes threw us out of the club - no explanation. I have never been treated so poorly in my whole life. It was so embarassing and the club attendant asking us to move was so rude to us. I would not recommend Gotham Comedy Club - because the staff are rude and they try to squash you in like sardines.