“It's all relative.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Dublin House

Dublin House
225 W. 79th St, New York City, NY (Manhattan)
212-874-9528
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #258 of 783 Nightlife in New York City
Type: Bar/ Clubs, Bars
“It's all relative.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013 via mobile

I love this pub! The barkeeps were very friendly and took time (generally) to carry on a conversation. We were in the city from about 6 PM on Sunday until roughly 1 PM on Tuesday, and I made it a point to stop in for the best pint of Guinnes, this side of the pond, every time I could! (4 times) My girlfriend was very nice to indulge my affection of this place, with no complaint. If you are looking for a crowded, trendy place, this is not it. (At least not during the times we were there) If you are looking for a real neighborhood pub, and great Guinness: this is heaven! Can't wait to get back. My hotel will definitely get my return patronage, mostly due to the fact that they are located close to this pub!

Rochester, New York
7 attraction reviews
“Classic, unassuming, yet awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

This is an old true blue Irish Pub on the upper west side. Proficient, friendly bartenders. Seems to be a good number of regulars...always a good sign. Dont go with any expectatins to eat, the dont even serve nuts, cheese, popcorn, etc. but I did hear the bartender giving out suggestions for good local food. My husband was in his element with a Harp,and I (as always in a pub) reluctantely asked for their house Chardonnay. Surprise! It was not bad at all. We stumbled upon a new home away from home for our next visit to NYC. Highly recommended.

Visited November 2012
Andover, Massachusetts
26 attraction reviews
“Did We Stumble Upon the Best Bar in NYC?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

On a very hot day, we ducked out of the furnace, attracted by a very cool, vintage neon sign. We found a museum of a bar. Much of the interior has not been touched, more or less, since the 30's. Jerry the barman was great- friendly and accomodating. The regulars are friendly and interesting. A must- see for bar fans.

Visited June 2012
“great pub”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012 via mobile

stopped here after b'way show heading to hotel. good choice! Beacon show just let out, and great follow up music accompanied some good beers.

Bronx
27 attraction reviews
“Great Happy Hour prices for NYC”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2011

I stopped in here the other night on the way to a comedy show nearby. The Pub has a Happy hour until 7:00pm and pours a great glass of Guinness. The Bartender Mike was polite and engaged us in conversation while serving us and made me feel welcomed to this establishment. The pub has small table seating in addition to stools in the bar area. This is a great stop when in the area.

Visited December 2011