“Excellent Tour” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #30 of 509 activities in New York City
Type: Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: The Rockefeller Center Tour celebrates the rich history and exciting presence of New York's architectural jewel. The center was the ambitious vision of a young John D. Rockefeller and hosts more than 100 breathtaking works of art. In addition to housing NBC, Radio City Music Hall and Christie's Auction House, Rockefeller Plaza is also the home of the world-famous skating rink visited by more than half a million people every year.
Bonnyville
“Excellent Tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

We added this tour to our City Pass visit to the Top of the Rock. We thought we were adding a tour of the NBC studio but were not disappointing when we found out that it was a tour of Rockefeller Center. This turned out to be an excellent Tour and I highly recommend it. Christine was our Tour Guide and she did an outstanding job of giving us a peak into the history and behind the scenes life of this historic site. I particularly loved seeing and learning about the incredible art throughout the Center. You can add this tour for half price with your New York City Pass. My son who is 19 said that he loved the tour also. It was not as big a hit with my 16 year-old daughter who would have preferred the studio tour.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Chicago, Illinois
12 attraction reviews
“excellent tour guide, extremely interesting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

I was lucky and was the only one on the tour. The tour guide was friendly and knew everything about the Rockefeller Center and its history. I was very impressed by what all he knew. If you are interested in architecture and art or simply want to expand your knowledge, you should definitively do this tour. After the tour I went to the Top of the Rock and the view was great.
The tour costs 35, which means it is 10 more than the ticket for the top only. I would recommend to go in the late afternoon or evening as there might not be too many people.

Istanbul, Turkey
26 attraction reviews
“What a view”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

What a fantastic view from the top of the rock. The reason I chose this location to view Manhattan I can see the Empire State Building rather than being at the top of it.

You can pay extra to have a photo taken which is nice for memories. It cost around 25 $ each but a must do. I went during the day but would have loved to return at night but ran out of time.
Loved NYC hope to get back again.

Columbia, Pennsylvania
8 attraction reviews
“Great tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

If you enjoy history, architecture and art and have a desire to learn more about John Rockefeller and his vision for this multi-building complex, then this is a wonderful tour. Valerie was our guide for this 75 minute tour which covered 30 Rock and other buildings. She was sincere and knowledgeable and she presented a fascinating tour. We recommend this tour.

The top of the Rock was an additional fee but it provided an exceptional view of the CIty during the day. We had to return the next day to go up because of the rain but the staff notified people that the visibility was zero before buying tickets.

If you desire to save money, buy a pass from Smart Destination and you can save 20% which is what we had done plus you can skip the lines for tickets as there is a separate, shorter line for pass holders.

“Thank you, Christine!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

We had a great time on our tour today with Christine! I learned a ton about Rockefeller Center, including the art and architecture and the entire history of the center. Christine was very knowledgable and had a great sense of humor. The tour lasted about an hour and there was never an awkward lull, and it flowed smoothly even when we were crossing the busy streets (I swear she timed everything she was saying and knew when the lights were going to change!). This is a really great tour if you aren't familiar with the history of the area and if you don't want to spend a ton of time, but really want to learn a lot. I had no idea how much art and history was incorporated into the center. Thanks again, Christine!