“So tasty” 5 of 5 stars

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Karava's Place
162 West 4th Street, New York City, NY 10014-3887 (Manhattan)
212-243-8007
Neighborhood: Manhattan
Fredericton, Canada
“So tasty”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

We found this place by accident. I ordered all my faves - dolmades, pita, tzaziki (yum!) and they were all delicious. The lentil soup was good. My husband had gyros and said it was the best he's ever had.
We will definitely go again.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Tucson, Arizona
“Hummus!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

Great hummus here! Always get some to go! Nice quiet place to go on a weekday afternoon and people watch.

Visited April 2013
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Best greek this side of the Atlantic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2011

My first time here was in 2003 when my cousin told me they had the best gyro's. I hadn't been to Ney York since but I knew when I went back, I had to get to Karavas ! My cousin laughed because I remembered the name and area that it was located. The restaurant is a medium size corner restaurant with greek blue but not in a gimmick fashion. You seat your self and the waitress comes, service is always exceptional. The gyro was and is the best I've had and I'm sure will continue to have. The tzitki sauce is fresh and home made, YUM! I will always come here when I'm in town whenever I need some greek!

• Visited April 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Washington DC
“Don't judge a book...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2010

The initial appearance might make you run away, but give it a chance. We had hummus and pita to start and it was some of the best that I have ever had. The yeiro platter was okay with really good lamb. The "large" salad is just that...large. Give it a chance, you will be very surprised.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Great Falls, MT
“Wonderfully authentic Greek food - best gyro I've had. Ever.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2010

The food at the restaurant was so good that I would make a trip from 231st street in the Bronx all the way down for a $8 gyro. I was raised on Greek comfort food, so eating here was always a treat, especially when I missed home. Do not confuse this cuisine with fine dining, they are two very different things. This is very casual Greek food.

Gyro sauce was absolute perfect consistency, and these things are served hot right off the grill, which adds to the experience. Souvlakia and pastitsio was also incredibly good. I no longer live in NYC, and I really miss this place.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere