“Like a second home” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Metro Home / Trump Park

Metro Home / Trump Park
We can't find prices for this hotel
Metro Home / Trump Park
You added Metro Home / Trump Park to your Saves list
180 RiverSide Drive, New York City, NY 10024 (Upper West Side)   |
Ranked #410 of 464 Hotels in New York City
Parker, Colorado
“Like a second home”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2005

As a single gal that travels 80% for her job, I strongly recommend this type of lodging. Hotels are convenient for housekeeping, room service, hotel bars, drunk people in the hallways in the middle of the night, ice machines, elevator noise and lines at the front desk. Renting an a serviced apartment for a stay allows the traveler to experience New York rather than a hotel rating.

That being said, I have to say that this apartment was fantastic. There is a 24 hour doorman and concierge that are always helpful and polite. The neighborhood is right next to Riverside Park, and only 4-5 avenue blocks from Central Park. There are 24-hour groceries 3 blocks away on Broadway, so stocking up the kitchen was a snap. The view was really good, aside from the condom sitting on the outside of the only window that wouldn't open. I would not say that this is the fanciest place to stay - the place requires a little bit of maintaince on the carpet, cabinets, tub and floors, but it is clean (mostly) and I felt completely safe inside and out.

The company that rents these apartments out are very helpful. Expedia offers cheaper rates, but working directly with Metro Home allows confidence that the reservation will not encounter any issues. I made my reservation the day of my stay, and the Concierge was efficient and had me in my room in no time.

All in all, this is a good place to stay if your idea of vacation does not mean room service.

• Stayed May 2005

1 review from our community

Been to Metro Home / Trump Park? Share your experiences!