“Memorable Anniversary Celebration Dinner” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bateaux New York

Bateaux New York
Pier 62, Chelsea Piers, W 23rd St. and 12 Ave, New York City, NY 10011 (Chelsea)
866-817-3463
Website
Improve this listing
Book ahead on Viator
$173*
and up
Ranked #124 of 810 Activities in New York City
More attraction details
Owner description: Step aboard our European-inspired, all-glass vessel for an afternoon or evening of unparalleled splendor aboard a New York Harbor cruise. As the magnificent New York skyline spreads before you in all directions, you'll be pampered with gourmet cuisine, fine wines, live jazz and sophisticated dance music on this amazing dining cruise. Truly, an experience as inspiring as the city itself.
Queens, New York
4 attraction reviews
“Memorable Anniversary Celebration Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

Another wonderful experience with Bateaux New York. We had our wedding reception last year and that was quite an event. The second experience on the dinner cruise was as exceptional as the first time. My husband and I can't thank John Barrell and Robert -manager and Katie our server and the rest of the staff to assure our anniversary dinner was wonderful and it absolutely was. We are locals and we usually don't care to do touristy type of events but Bateaux is a unique experience and we enjoyed every aspect of the evening on the Bateaux.

Visited May 2013

Morristown, New Jersey, United States
“May 2013 Company Event”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

David Costello and Bryan Miranda were excellent and very professional. It was such a breeze working with them! They responded immediately to all of our questions and concerns. The food was excellent and the boat was clean and spectacular!!

Visited May 2013
Secaucus, New Jersey
“Guibor's Wedding Party aboard the M/V Atlantica, April 27, 2013”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

Everyone of the planning and execution staff did everything in their power to assure a fantastic experience aboard the M/V Atlantica. John Barrall and Bryan worked their magic for the event and DJ John and the others were just wonderful. We could not have had a better experience with this gala event. The cake by Palermo, Paperless Invitations, Flower Exchange and the vessel crew worked hand in hand to assure a very special experience for all in attendance.
Thanks to all,
Pierre & Alicia Guibor

“Amazing!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

My husband and I went to the Bateux dinner cruise. It was such a marvelous experience. The sevice was really good. Our waitress did a great job. And the band put a "new yorker" atmoshere in the night.
Highly recommend for date night with your significant one!!!!!

London, United Kingdom
17 attraction reviews
“Magical, 5 star all-round experience. Food service not so great...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

My husband and I booked a fully inclusive package as part of our honeymoon celebrations in NYC and had an amazing evening. You cannot beat the views that you will see; getting "up close and personal" to the Statue of Liberty is incredible and I found it quite an emotional experience.

We were however very disappointed by the waitress service we received.

If I start at the beginning. I booked via email from the UK and found the booking team to be extremely helpful. The ticket collection was also very straightforward and we were allowed to board 15 mins early. You need to be aware that you need to pay for a number of extras to get the best from this experience. We chose to take a fully inclusive package and pay for a window table. This does significantly increase the base price.

On boarding we were greeted and seated but only offered water not a great first impression as I had expected a glass of "champagne" on arrival. It was some minutes before we were offered a welcoming glass of "champagne". Our waitress then introduced herself, told us a bit about herself, and the menu and then disappeared. She also at this point asked what we were celebrating and wrote down our names.

A while later we asked if we could order some wine (glasses are included in this package but if you want a bottle you will need to purchase one from approx $49 upwards). Having paid already over $470 we opted to stick to the glasses included but found they were not particularly flowing. Our waitress then forgot to bring us the drinks. In fact her memory was not good at all, to the point of the ridiculous. She came back a second time to again ask what we were celebrating and our names which she again wrote down.

Having apologised for forgetting the drinks when she did have time to check on us (she was extremely busy) she tried to top up our glasses with the wrong wine. We were both not feeling 100% so were not looking to drink a great deal but would have liked to have been given the option.

The food is good. We had an appetiser of lobster tail and then had starters of crab cakes and lobster bisque followed by rib of beef. I had a flour less chocolate cheesecake for dessert that was delicious however my husband was disappointed as he had been told that the cheesecake came with cherries and it was in fact strawberries! Also beware of the sorbet as ours was frozen so solidly that the strawberry and mint were stuck to it and you could easily break a tooth trying to eat the strawberry.

The views are so amazing that it was still a romantic, magical way to spend an evening. The entertainment is also very good and the atmosphere on the boat was one of celebration as most people are celebrating a special occasion.

Our waitress left us a thank you note and hovered waiting for a tip. I am usually very empathetic (having years ago topped up my own income up by waiting tables) to the waiting teams however on this occasion it just annoyed me. I agreed with my husband not, on principle, to tip as the table service had been so poor, which was a shame as everything else was so good.