“Don't forget brunch!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Daddy-O

Daddy-O
44 Bedford Street, New York City, NY 10014-4413 (Manhattan)
(212) 414-8884
Neighborhood: Manhattan
Agawam, Massachusetts
“Don't forget brunch!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

From reading the other reviews I can see that Daddy-o's is known primarily for its drinks & burgers, but I want to recommend their outstanding brunch specials! My 70 year old mom & I happened upon this lovely pub, & were treated to wonderful service & a vast menu midday menu. We opted for the build-your-own breakfast burritos and loved the accompanying sides featuring diced tomatoes, fresh guacamole & roasted potatoes. Everything was very reasonably priced & we were very pleased with this gem! Enjoy!

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Warsaw, Poland
“Atmosphere, burgers, local, beers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

We were in need for a quick bite and ended up at Daddy-O. Cool place. Fine location in the Village. A hangout for locals with great drinks selection, sports the screens and only few tables. But the real reason to come here is the Daddy-O burger. Great look, well served, generous size and extremely tasty. Wow! Friendly staff, too loud music, cozy atmosphere. Recommended!

Visited May 2013
Granada Nicaragua
“Cool Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

Great drinks...even though I am a trditional Martini drinker, you need to try the jalepeno martini.

Food is much better than bar food. Great lunch spot

Gets crowded late, but always pleasant.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Pottstown, Pennsylvania
“Best Drinks Ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

After seeing the this place featured on the food network i wanted to check it out. I ordered the herbaceous mojito and it was good, but what really caught my eye was the "yellow fever" martini. It is TO DIE FOR. I've been back several times since, and I always order the Yellow Fever. I brought my friends here today and they fell in love with the drink too. The bar is kinda dark and not very big, but its a laid back place. The service was great. Our waitress recommended we order the "Gordon's Tots" which are their tater tots with a cheese sauce (homemade, not like that orange stuff that comes from a tin can) and finely chopped jalapenos on top. They were excellent! Tasted very much like a jalapeno popper. We also got a very thin crust pizza with caramelized onions on it. The crust is almost like a cracker, but its very tasty. Not regular chewy crust pizza. Great for an appetizer. The drinks are pricey, but I dont mind paying that price every once in awhile. I come here for the yellow fever almost every time I'm visiting the city.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
NY, NY
“Great Local Spot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2012

This is not an Irish restaurant. I'm not even sure if they have food any more. They might have some unique bar food which last time I tried it was very good.

It is, however, a gem of a bar in the West Village. Remarkably it has maintained most of its local charm going on seven years now. On the weekend it can be a bit crowded and noisy but it is not a tourist destination. It's a real live local New York bar with high quality liquor and generous pours. It's not a place for tourists or bridge and tunnel weekenders. People who live and work in the neighborhood go here to drink with friends. No gimmicks. Just an excellent place to have a drink in a very pretty area of New York.

The only drawback I found is that if you are not a regular, you won't be treated particularly well. I hadn't been there in over a year and even though the bartender was the same guy I laughed with and tipped heavily in the past, he didn't recognize me and there didn't give me the time of day. Oh well.

The place is great.