“JUST AVOID HORRIBLE AND RUDE” 1 of 5 stars

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Portobello Pizzeria Restaurant
83 Murray Street #1, New York City, NY 10007-2173 (Manhattan)
212-766-1195
Cuisines: Pizza
Neighborhood: Manhattan
Neighborhood: Manhattan
Tertenia, Italy
“JUST AVOID HORRIBLE AND RUDE”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

Do not know how they got this rating, we were visiting and found the place horrible. Not used to put bad comments on internet but this one is the worst. While we were Queuing, the owner spoke to us rudely, asked us to order and pqy otherzise we would be there the entire day according to him. No time to get recommendtion on what to choose, just go. We were stressed al time we were there. While waiting for paying, the owner passed by all trolley and almost ran other all the clients thqt were not in line close to the counter. It was 11:00 am the place was not full at all, we hqd our bag and gloves and hats on an extra chair, the owner came to us, put the bag on the floor and took the chair to put it back to the next table. So rude ! No service, nothing. The pizza was not good either. The toilets were dirty. Just avoid honestly, we are used to go out a lot this one is bad and stressful.

• Visited September 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

“Best Pizza so far in NYC”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012 via mobile

Ate here on my first night and it's by far the best Pizza I've had here. Been to four places so far none of them were a patch in this place!

New York City, New York
“A must-go in Tribeca / WTC area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

No disappointment to be had here! I've had almost every kind of slice from Portobello's and I never, ever said to myself "This one - not so good". That being said, I do admit that I get the "Grandma" slice more often than the others. Not sure why they named it that, but besides the basic ingredients, they add a few touches of pesto which gives that salty, herbacious bite that sends this over the edge. Born and raised in NY, I completely appreciated my pizza. When a dish has so few ingredients, all the ingredients need to be top-notch and work together. Portobello's accomplishes this without a problem

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Clearwater, Florida
“Touch of Class”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

While visiting downtown Manhatten, looked for a Pizzeria that had lots of people going in and out. Portobellos on Murray Street was hoping so we went in. Glad we did...crazy busy with lots of locals and construction workers. The owner was very pleasant and quick to greet us,...took our order and we proceeded to eat 4 slices of NYC heaven. Will be back as often as we get to NYC.

• Visited July 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“I can't say much when the pizzas are so good.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2007

I can't say much when the pizzas are so good.