“Inexpensive, average food” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Dallas BBQ

Dallas BBQ
261 8th Ave, New York City, NY 10011-1611 (Chelsea)
(212) 462-0001
Neighborhood: Chelsea
Boston, Massachusetts
“Inexpensive, average food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

We had dinner here, and tried the beef ribs (huge and drowning in sticky sauce), shrimp cocktail (so-so), chili (not bad), and roast chicken (tasty!). The cornbread that came with the meals was dry and too sweet for us, and the salad they served as a side was the tiniest I'd ever seen. Still, it was not too expensive ($40 for two adults and a child), and the service was pretty good.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Marshfield, Wisconsin
“Ehhhh...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

We went here with friends from town on my families visit. we were walking times square and they suggested this place... Ok. Waitress was nice, place was very busy and LOUD! Drinks were good, but it was so busy it was hard to get more. Our waitress tried, but was just swamped. The food was average, I had the chicken and ribs combo. The chicken was average roasted chicken and the ribs were small (little meat) and overdone. My wife liked her chicken wings though. All in all, its an ok place but if your looking for great, try somewhere else.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Trinidad
“Usual great food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

We also enjoyed the great food from Dallas BBQ on 8th Ave/23rd Street, NYC. Had a rack of beef ribs there. Wow ... a full plate of ribs... didn't believe that I ate all .... great BBQ sauce too ... had been to this location years ago ... still great food and service.

Visited August 2014
New York City, New York
“Can't get enough of that BBQ sauce”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

It's been a long since I've been to this restaurant but one thing that has not changed is the sauce. I can't say one way or another if the chicken taste good or if its dry because i drown it in sauce, I LOVE that sauce. The beef ribs are like something from the flintstones cartoon but very filling, the corn bread is just the right amount of sweet and the beans are yummy. I would recommend this restaurant and go back again.
My order was for take out.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“Great food yet inexpensive”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I get the 1/4 chicken dark meat with potatoe and one Texas size Margherita. The food is consistent, our waitress Caitalina is just so attentive, friendly and knowledgeable that we find ourselves going there when she is working.

Visited July 2014