“Great pancakes, friendly service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Lexington Candy Shop

Lexington Candy Shop
1226 Lexington Ave, New York City, NY 10028 (Upper East Side)
212-288-0057
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, Diner
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: Upper East Side
Description: Lexington Candy Shop is the last remaining authentic NYC Luncheonette established and family owned since 1925 and serving breakfast, lunch, and classic American fare all day! For drinks - serving THE best milkshakes, malts, egg creams, fresh squeezed juices, and THE best lemonade! For breakfast- serving eggs made in pans, cinnamon walnut french toast and pancakes. For lunch- serving angus burgers, sliders, and sandwiches including a great grilled cheese and chicken salad. Kid friendly! Open 7am-7pm mon-sat and on sunday 8am- 6 pm. Located just 3 blocks from the Metropolitan Museum of Art. Come take a step back in time!
London, United Kingdom
“Great pancakes, friendly service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

This was the first place that we ate in NYC after a slightly fraught flight, and it was really, really needed! Pancakes were really, really good, and the staff were more than happy to answer some of our more stupid questions ("is French toast American" being a particular strong moment from my partner!). Food was delivered with a minimum of fuss, the pancakes were really, really, really good and the blueberry pancakes even more so. I ordered mine with sausage and bacon whilst my partner opted for ham. Not much more to add - it really did taste excellent in case you haven't guessed - beyond the fact that it almost definitely isn't the cheapest place to eat breakfast; two coffees, two sets of pancakes with bacon, sausage and ham came to $32. That said, well worth it!

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Weyburn, Canada
“Right Back to Childhood”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

Found this place while walking and have to admit I had never heard of it. Wanted to have a mid morning snack and it looked interesting so stopped in. Got cinnamon toast and a huge cup of coffee for the very, very cheap price of $4.95 and both were delicious. The cinnamon toast was just as my mom made it when I was a kid 50 years ago. Waitress (there was only one) was very efficient and the clientele looked like Upper East siders who are regulars.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Sydney, Australia
“Breakfast time travel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

This diner was a real find. Wonderful old world feel, chocolate milkshakes that took me back 40 years and burgers which were simple and delicious. Loved it so much we returned a couple of times during our stay and will be back when next in NYC.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“The Milkshakes!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2013

The Milkshakes are real oldschool 60' I love them! Time has stopt in 1960 in this resraurant and that is postive and negative together... It is worth to go to the Candy Shop if you are around but don't travel a lot for it...

Carlisle, PA
“What's not to like?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

We were on our way to the Met Museum, and we made sure we stopped in here for breakfast. Anyone who doesn't like the Candy Shop probably thinks re-runs of the Honeymooners are stupid. It reminds me of a drug store in my little town outside Philly when growing up. But don't go for the nostalgia (although that's a good reason. There are few places I go where I get freshly squeezed OJ outside of a farmer's market. We both had the French toast. Great. Get the maple syrup. One container is enough for two people. I ate with a photo of Woody Allen looking down on me. I really wanted a milkshake, but I figured they wouldn't let me take it into the museum. I'll go back.

• Visited December 2013