“Not bad...would probably go again” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Bubba Gump Shrimp Co.

Bubba Gump Shrimp Co.
1501 Broadway, New York City, NY 10036-5505 (Midtown)
212-391-7100
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #268 of 11,181 Restaurants in New York City
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dessert, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Midtown
“Not bad...would probably go again”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

For Times Square on a Saturday night before a holiday, I can't complain about the 30 minute wait. It gives you time to look at the souvenir shop. But the host and hostess really kept things moving. One note: the full party MUST be there or they will not seat you.

When they called our name we went upstairs and had to wait again. This time on a line while we waited to be seated. This took maybe another 5-7 minutes. While on the way to our table you notice how big the restaurant really is. Lots of tables, and being on the second floor by the window gives you the best view of Times Square.

The waitress came quickly and explained the license plates on our table. When we need something we flip the license plate to STOP FORREST STOP. When you are ok and don't need anything you leave it on RUN FORREST RUN. The menu of course contains shrimp of every kind. And some of the drinks come with your own souvenir glass (that you pick up at the souvenir shop on the way out). I ordered the "I'm stuffed" shrimp. And for an appetizer we had the Cajun shrimp.

The Cajun shrimp was good, spicy of course but not too much, but very oily at the bottom. It comes with two slices of garlic bread that are good as long as they are places so as not to soak up all the oil. My stuffed shrimp...well to me they were a little too small to be stuffed. They were really just split open at the end with crabmeat on top. It is topped with Montery Cheese and also comes with garlic bread. The portion size was good for me but my boyfriend ordered the Accidental Fish & Shrimp and said it wasn't enough food. So he ended up ordering another Cajun shrimp appetizer.

The prices were average but I don't think you get your moneys worth. If you are looking to bring home lunch for the next day, don't count on it.

But I will say the staff is very lively and attentive. We were asked several times if we needed anything. Overall it wasn't bad, and if ever eating in Times Square again it would probably be an option.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

• Korean first
  • Turkish first
Bury St. Edmunds, United Kingdom
“Fantastic food and great atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

We had two meals at this restaurant during out week in New York, we decided that on the last night we wanted to go back to the restaurant we had enjoyed the most and Bubba's won.
Really great food and friendly staff. I wish that we had one in the UK as we would definitely go there.

Visited August 2013
Bulphan, Essex, England
“Typical 'celebrity' restaurant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

Arrived here at about 9pm and was told the wait for a table for two was about 75 minutes. We chose to wait and were seated within 25 minutes! Nothing wrong with the food at all - other than it is overpriced compared to other places we ate during our stay. Our waiter seemed fairly bored with the whole "theme" idea and seemed very much just to be going through the same old routine when asking us the statutory 3 Forrest Gump questions and rewarding us with three mints - whoop whoop! I'm not saying dont go - it is what it is and if you're a Forrest fan you'll love seeing the memorabilia too

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Gibraltar, null, Gibraltar
“Overrated.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

Service was excellent but unimpressed with the food. Waitress very helpful and polite. Good atmosphere, place was packed. Expected more from the food. Wasn't a terrible experience, just expected more.

Visited July 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Perfect place for English visitors!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

I'm English and its just what I wanted from my trip to NYC. It was fun, American, and the food was big, piled high, and so good. I had the fried chicken, mash potato & gravy.

• Visited October 2012