“Plainfield, Nj” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood
Bronx, New York
“Plainfield, Nj”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

The food was great, but the service left something to be desired. There were a lot of empty tables and not enough servers. The service was slow and we kept having to ask for the same things. I have been to this restaurant before and had a great experience. I don't think I will ever go back.

Visited March 2014

New York City, New York
“$25.99 for fried crumbs!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

I ordered the so-called lobster bites that actually was no more than fried crumbs...disgusting! I'll never go back to this place! Don't see what the fuss was all about!

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Montauk, New York
“Yummy Food, Nice Atmosphere, Attentive Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

What a fun place. Good Shrimp! Great Staff that was attentive, pleasant and they looked like THEY were also enjoying their job...which you dont always see. We had lunch and our party all said they enjoyed it. Despite it being a busy time of year, the meal was served timely and HOT :) Th little dance thing they did was cute too. The prices were on the higher side but since all else was so good, thats okay too. We'lll be returning.

Visited December 2013
Queens, New York
“Definitely Salt City”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

Nice choice for large groups looking for lively atmosphere. Waiter was truly amazing. Not sure about the dancing routine but hey.

Drinks wete pretty and delish. Calamari was the best I have ever had - ok so it was all in the breading but I would go back just for that. My mango salmon was also delish. However my husband got a steam pot with 2 lobsters, king crab, clams etc. It comes in an impressively large container and my husband found the size reasonable for the price. Most of the clam shells were empty though. I tasted a piece of hubby's lobster and it was full of salt. Not sure how he ate it all. We also bought crab nachos to go - again salty.

May go back since hubby liked it there.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Eat at joe's? I wouldn't again”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

I've been intrigued to try this chain. The premise: a couple of lads set out to scour the country for authentic seafood recipes and present it at affordable prices. Well, if my Cajun seafood pot was any indicator, they failed. Adding crushed hot pepper in massive amounts to cover seemingly turning Crustacea is not quality dining; it was barely edible. Add in loud music and a very loud "celebration" they perform every half hour or so, and we couldn't wait to get our check, which was plenty heavy considering the meals we received.

Disappointing. Red lobster is a better bet IMHO. When on Long Island, make the trip to island park and go to Jordan's lobster farm. No frills, inexpensive, and very good.