“Delicious” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Pietro's

Pietro's
232 East 43rd Street, New York City, NY 10017-4702 (Manhattan)
212 682 9760
Neighborhood: Manhattan
Virginia
“Delicious”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2012

Walked from Helmsley Hotel and we were so glad we did. We arrived at 5:30 and there was hardly anyone there so we were a bit nervous. But it filled up as we had dinner. Definitely an older restaurant. The curtains and pictures all hanging in a row all very "old school." But all in all the place was delightful. The service was wonderful. Waiters were attentive and friendly. And the food was amazing. The caesar salad was delicious but I must admit I was disaapointed in the lettuce. Looked like iceberg. I would still get it again. Very tasty!
I had the veal marsala. Loved it. We ordered broccoli rabe and potatoes. Both wonderful. We eat a lot of Italian food and the food here is really delicious. The portions were large so we had too much food (we probably shouldn't have ordered the potatoes). We had to leave it since we had no refrigerator in the room :-( I would definitely go back if I was in this part of the city. We were impressed.

• Visited February 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

New Orleans, Louisiana
“Like eating History”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2012

My Uncle took me to Pietro's during our most recent market trip to New York. He told me we had to eat here as this is where my great uncle Morris always came when he was buying for our 88 year old family business. Although in an new, larger location than when Morris came, it felt like I was back in the past eating with my Uncle Morris. The food was fantastic classic Italian fare. The service made me feel like I had been coming for the past 40 years.
The Shrimp appetizer was delicious and the Shell pasta with cheese was so creamy and delicious. I had a classic cabresi (sp?) salad that had such flavorful tomato and mozzerela that I would have ordered more if it was not for the enourmous Veal Chop they were bringing me.
Pietro's is the original and classic New York Italian eatery!

• Visited January 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Outstanding Service and great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2011

Pluses: wonderful, experienced service team; outstanding owner, great drink selection and terrific food

Minuses: somewhat difficult to get a cab

• Visited December 2011
New York City, New York
“Good old school Italian”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2011

Old school Italian sums this place up. The caesar salad was awesome made right at the table by the waiter the old fashioned way. I've heard they have been rated best caesar salad in the city. The portions are ridiculously big - you'll be taking a doggie bag home and eating leftovers for days. Everything tastes great and comes out very fast. The staff is courteous and knowledgeable and very attentive. Highly recommend this place for a good Italian meal on the East side of Manhattan. They also have some good dessert if you have enough holes in your belt.

• Visited March 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Asbury Park, New Jersey
“Amazing everything”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2011

I came here to eat on an indulgent excursion. The history of this place is amazing, any where that was frequented by Joe Dimaggio and Marilyn Monroe had to be good, and good it was. This is easily the best steakhouse I have encountered, they have it down to a science. The service, food, ambiance. Everything was impeccable. Pricey but well worth it. Great place for a romantic dinner or special occassion.

• Visited June 2011