The Room was spacious, two of us stayed in a triple room that had an overhead bunkbed. I had stayed at this hotel when it used to be under different management and was called Hotel QT about 5 years ago.
I guess I've aged, and the clientele hasn't. They still throw pool parties, which I personally think put a damper on things in the hotel. I couldn't help but roll my eyes a little every time i passed the pool (elevators right in front of the pool bar).
The service itself was average for being a hotel in New York, but below average for the price we were paying. It took them a day to fix the phone and light bulb in our room. And checking in took forever. Like f o r e v e r.
Maid service came knocking on our door at 8.30am. EIGHT THIRTY. Who does that? When we didn't answer, they opened up saw us sleeping and said they'd come back later. Well, yeah, it's only 8am. Maid service came back again later and then asked if we wanted our room clean... I mean all this before 10am. I found that a bit too much. However, it only happened our first morning there (We stayed a total of 3 nights).
The walls are THIN. The room next door was loud and we could hear them in the hallway and outside their door.
There was a young man behind the front desk that was very nonchalant in answering questions we had. We were worried about the yellow cabs not being able to store all our luggage (We had 4 big suitcases), he didn't even bother to offer us different car services ie. town cars, suvs. He just said "don't worry about it, it'll fit".
1. It didn't fit.
2. Do your job and give me my options.
It's almost sad, the property is great, the rooms are fun and funky. But man, the people just ruin it. And the wifi is like... a huge joke. Thank goodness it was free. That's probably why it wasn't working half the time.
I'd love to give it another chance, because I do have fond memories of it, but I have a sneaky suspicion that it's just targeted to a much younger demographic (I'm not even 30 yet!) and the service has just gone down hill.
We stayed at the Muse earlier part of our trip, and I think I'll be sticking with that from now on.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A hidden gem in the heart of Times Square, Room Mate Grace is located nearby Bryant Park, Broadway, and Rockefeller Center. Room Mate Grace is the stylish solution for the savvy traveler who wishes to experience the sophistication and fun New York has to offer. Room Mate Grace features a unique lobby and event space, complete with an indoor pool, sauna, and steam room. The 24 hour kiosk is stocked with everything from the most basic supplies to the most decadent treats. Stadium stairs lead to the mezzanine level, a haven for VIPs in the evening and early risers heading off to work who enjoy continental breakfast in style and comfort. The mezzanine doubles as meeting space for those looking to work creatively. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Splendia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your Room Mate Grace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Room Mate Grace Hotel New York City
- Hotel Qt New York
- Qt Hotel New York