“Great Staff, Great Location.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Room Mate Grace

You added Room Mate Grace to your Saves list
Room Mate Grace
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   125 West 45th Street, New York City, NY 10036 (Manhattan)   |
Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #234 of 455 Hotels in New York City
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great Staff, Great Location.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I loved the door men Luis Rivera and Serge Loida, such helpful and friendly gentlemen. My room was very small, but cosy. Breakfast was wonderful. I had a great time in the Sauna. The location is wonderful, it's within walking distance of everything. I would defininately stay there again. Joan

Room Tip: If you are single ask for a larger room towards the back, my room was a bit too small and tended to...
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
  • Turkish first
Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW via mobile

I booked the hotel Last minute at the airport and turned up there late at night within an hour. They had my reservation ready and reception staff were very gracious.

I had a funky room with a large and very comfortable bed. The bathroom was very large. The room exceeded my expectation for a quick stopover hotel.

The staff were very helpful with providing information and directions.

I would stay here again during stopovers in NYC.

Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

My friends and I stayed here for three nights at beginning of November 2014.The hotel was very basic, more like a hostel than a hotel and probably suited to a different age group than ours. The rooms were very noisy due to road works nearby which was no-ones fault though would have been helpful to know in advance. The staff were very pleasant and helpful on the very few occasions we needed to speak to them. At check-in the receptionist Marcel swiped the bank cards for each of the two rooms and then said he had to take copies of them . Thought this was a NY process as hadn't happened in San Francisco or Las Vegas where we had just come from.
10 days later, when back in UK, both parties had calls from respective banks advising of suspicious activity on cards in Baltimore when it was known we had returned from US. The Grace hotel was the only occasion when my card had come out of its holder in the US as used mainly cash . Coincidence or what! Would suggest not letting cards out of your sight.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
AlvaroDiazMartos, General Manager at Room Mate Grace, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dear Vivienne.

Thank you so much for taking your time to write a review about your stay at Room Mate Grace Hotel.

I am sorry to hear that you experienced such an issue with your credit card and that you believed this derived from our handling.

I feel terribly discouraged and sad to read a review such as this. In all my years working for this hotel I must say that this is the first time anyone has ever accussed us of credit card fraud.

I have further investigated this issue and while doing so I was able to locate your registration card. I can see that you stayed with us from November 5th to November 8th.

You mentioned in your review that my agent took an imprint of your credit card. This is a normal procedure in the industry. Although your reservation was prepaid with your agency, we still need the guarantee of a credit card for incidentals as in every hotel in USA. I dont know exactly which hotels you've visited prior to Room Mate Grace, but once again I can assure you this is something normal in the industry. When you make a purchase anywhere they must show that there was possesion of the card or some type of authorization was made by the owner to use the card. During the process of this the security code is never copied and whithout that you are unable to make online purchases. I can send you a copy of the imprint if you wish to.

I would love to have a phone conversation with you regarding this matter. I am quite surprised that you would not have tried to contact the hotel after something like this occured and you were sure from where it came about.

I would hate for anyone to read this review and pass judgement on this hotel by such bold accusations. If you would like to provide me with bank statements or any other things that could help us get closer to solving this then it would be greatly appreciated. I am anxiously waiting for you to contact me as I am deeply concerned.

I certainly hope that you had a pleasent trip home.

Best Regards,

Alvaro Diaz Martos
Assistant Hotel Director
Room Mate Grace Hotel
1-(212)-354-2323
a.diaz@room-matehotels.com
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

I visited this hotel with my boyfriend for 4 nights in November. Hotel was very easy to find. Right in Times Square. We were situated on the 14th floor in a double deluxe room. Room was very quiet and nicely decorated. Only problem we had was our toilet which sometimes had trouble flushing and got blocked up on a few occasions. Staff friendly and polite, would stay here again if I visited New York

Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Henderson, NV
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I first heard of the Room Mate hotel chain when I was in Madrid three years ago. There was a Room Mate Mario, Room Mate Oscar, etc. I thought it's a cool concept to name a hotel in such a way - it almost evokes a homey feeling. All of them have different themes and their websites show fantastic photos. So, when I found Room Mate Grace at a bargain from Expedia (yes, at over $250 a night during a high tourist season in NYC, it was a bargain!), I immediately booked it. My excitement, however, was immediately dashed upon check in. Expedia indicated that a free buffet breakfast was included in my booking, but the lady at the check in counter refused to acknowledge it and told me that they don't offer free breakfast. I insisted and showed her my booking confirmation which clearly said so. I wasn't going to back down, so she relented after a few minutes. I went up to my room and I was prepared for the "cozy" size of it. What tripped me was that I was trying to flip the light switch by the door and there was no light to be had. I then turned the bathroom light on and started searching for another light switch, but found only one bulb by the tiny closet. When I called the front desk to ask for other lights in the room, I was nonchalantly told that the only lights were the closet bulb and the bathroom lights. In other words, the room is dark. To top it off, there was no desk. So, you can say that this hotel is really not suited for business travel. But despite these little inconveniences, the buffet breakfast was fantastic and the hotel's close proximity to Times Square and Broadway were worth it. If I were in NYC for leisure, I probably would have enjoyed the hotel more.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Lincoln, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I would highly recommend Room Mate Grace. The hotel was clean and the staff was very friendly and helpful. It has a great location close to Times Square and the Broadway shows. Loida, Sophie, Luis and everyone there were very helpful. It was a small room, but since you basically are only there to sleep and shower it was perfect. The room was very quiet. The housekeepers always said good morning. Very helpful in arranging transportation.

Room Tip: The room we stayed in was small, so if you desire a bigger room, you may have to ask and see what th...
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Waltham, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We arrived at our hotel about 9:15 on Friday evening, November 7th and he met us and helped my husband and myself with our luggage and explained to my husband where he could park our car. He was very polite, and professional. During our stay for the three nights, we saw him several times and he always greeted us. On Monday morning he again helped me with our luggage and assisted us placing it in our car. He waited with me while my husband brought our car from the parking garage. He truly made our trip to NYC a happy experience and we would highly recommend our friends, neighbors and relatives to stay at the Room Mate Grace Hotel. We want Luis Rivera to be considered for an Employee Recognition by the hotel.

Phyllis and James Regan

Room Tip: A corner room might have been better for the size. The bed was difficult for us to climb on because...
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Room Mate Grace? Share your experiences!