“Won't be staying here again” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Room Mate Grace

Save Saved
You added Room Mate Grace to your Saves list
Room Mate Grace
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   125 West 45th Street, New York City, NY 10036 (Manhattan)   |
Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #237 of 452 hotels in New York City
Melbourne, Australia
“Won't be staying here again”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Expectations were not met.
Unfortunately were put in a room at the front of the building on the lowest floor. Were asked to be put on a higher floor at the back due to extreme street noise and had terrible attitude from staff at front.
Rooms are tiny. Didn't expect large rooms but barely had room for suitcases.
Wouldn't stay here again and would not recommend.
Only good thing was location. Right next to Times Square.
Will stay elsewhere next time.

• Stayed June 2014

1,777 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW via mobile

This hotel has the perfect location if you want to be near Times Square. The rooms are small, but they are clean and modern. Loida at the front desk went out of her way to give us great service. I have owned at one time over 150 retail stores and it is very hard to find an employee that cares about her job and customers like she does. Management can grow their business by taking care of employees like Loida. She recommended places to eat that were close and they were not priced like normal NY tourist places. I will differently come back and stay here

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Ottawa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This hotel is literally just off of Times Square. The rooms are small but adequate and the breakfast (10.95 extra) was decent. Would I stay here again - you bet. The staff were friendly and helpful, rooms were clean and comfortable, location was great. Beds are platform beds just slightly higher than normal beds and require that you climb up into them so they would not be accessible for many disabled people.

Room Tip: We had three rooms on two floors and a distance apart. All were good. The rooms next to the elevator...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
AlvaroDiazMartos, Manager at Room Mate Grace, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear Guest,

I am so happy that you had an overall great stay with us.

Please come back again. We look forward to seeing you, and next time take some time out to enjoy the rest of our amenities, like the sauna, steam room and swim-up bar.

Friendly and helpful service is a very important part of our Room Mate philosophy, so I am really glad you got the "Roomie" experience.

Hope you had a safe trip back home.

Gloucester
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Great location to local attractions (Times Square, Rockerfeller, shops etc) and a very laid-back hotel. Service was excellent and although breakfast bar seems small it had some good food. Steam room / Sauna not open during stay (part of the reason for booking) however pool was a welcome "wake up" in the morning. Staff were very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
Dear Guest.

Thank you so much for writing such a nice review about your stay with us!

I am very happy to see that you liked all our amenities and the service from our staff. In Room Mate Hotels we pride ourselves in providing the best customer service in the industry. I will share this review with them so that they can see that their hard work is rewarded.

We offer quality products in the breakfast, and given our location, in the heart of Times Square, our price is unbeatable. We know how tiring this city can be, so in Room Mate Grace we want our guests to have a good breakfast in the morning so that they can start their day with lots of energy.

The steam room is currently under renovation, and it will reopen this weekend. The sauna has been working non-stop. During your stay, any member of our staff would have been happy to assist you with turning it on in case it was disconnected.

I hope to welcome you personally again soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Alvaro, the manager (or something) was so nice and really listened to our small wishes! Some solution he promised was not hold and for that he gave us free drinks! The room was nice and the stuff very helpfull. The hotel lies so close to Times Square so if you like musicals like me and my wife this hotel is more than perfect!!!

AlvaroDiazMartos, Manager at Room Mate Grace, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Patrick and Christina.

Thank you for taking your time to write such a beautiful review about your stay with us!

It was a pleasure meeting you both and I really enjoyed helping you out with everything I could.

I look forward to welcoming you soon in any of our Room Mate Hotels around the world.

Hope you had a safe trip back home.

Barcelona, Spain
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I have stayed here on two occasions for business. In terms of location, this hotel is fantastic!! It is centrally located just a few steps away from Times Square. The reception staff were very friendly and professional. The room I had was small, the bed was extremely comfortable and I believe the windows must have been double glazed as I did not hear any noise from the street (I was on the third floor). A couple of downsides: The cleaning could be improved, lighting in general throughout the hotel could be improved (hallways, elevators etc) and turn down the AC in the lobby...apart from that Room Mate Grace is a hotel I would return to for location and convenience.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest.

Thank you so much for taking your time to write such candid review about your experience at Room Mate Grace.

I love to see these reviews and share them with my staff, since we learn so much from our mistakes and can improve our service day by day.

I already addressed this review with my Housekeeping Manager in order to keep a closer eye when inspecting the rooms. Trust me, there is nothing I dislike more than comments about our cleanliness.
When you speak about the lights in the hotel, I understand your concerns, but the hotel was designed to have a relaxed atmosphere, hence the dim lights. It is part of our concept.

Regarding the temperature in the lobby, because it is summertime, it is set at a level where most people feel comfortable.

I would like to see you soon in our hotel, so please feel free to email me personally at a.diaz@room-matehotels.com when planning your next visit. I will be delighted to help you in anything you may need.

Warmest Regards,

Assistant Hotel Director
Room Mate Grace Hotel New York.
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Standard room small but adequate. We just slept in room after a tiring day.
Requested a room on a higher floor away from the elevator which we were allocated. Floor 14, comfortable bed, very quite, room clean, good shower, iron and small ironing board which was handy. One chair and small table but you can sit on ledge alongside bed and window.

Shower and toilet together but used to this back home.

Bed in corner of room next to wall, partner had to clamber over me to get out of the bed during the night to use the bathroom.

Staff always welcoming and helpful. Particularly Luis.

Excellent location.

Swimming pool - not sure how much this was used. When used later at night the pool was hidden and there seemed to be a member of staff supervising. I liked the smell of chlorine when waiting for the lift.

Did not have breakfast in hotel but good deli's nearby.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear guest.

Thank you so much for taking your time to write a review about your stay at Room Mate Grace.

I loved reading your review, it helps us to keep going with motivation and enthusiasm. I will share all these comments with my staff so they can be rewarded as well. They all try their best so our guests leave our premises really satisfied.

I look forward to welcoming you personally soon in any Room Mate Hotel around the world.

Best,

Room Mate Grace Hotel New York

Been to Room Mate Grace? Share your experiences!