“Good hotel and great location.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Room Mate Grace

You added Room Mate Grace to your Saves list
Room Mate Grace
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   125 West 45th Street, New York City, NY 10036 (Manhattan)   |
Announcement
Click for details
Ranked #251 of 459 Hotels in New York City
Gloucester
“Good hotel and great location.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

Great location to local attractions (Times Square, Rockerfeller, shops etc) and a very laid-back hotel. Service was excellent and although breakfast bar seems small it had some good food. Steam room / Sauna not open during stay (part of the reason for booking) however pool was a welcome "wake up" in the morning. Staff were very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
AlvaroDiazMartos, Manager at Room Mate Grace, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
Dear Guest.

Thank you so much for writing such a nice review about your stay with us!

I am very happy to see that you liked all our amenities and the service from our staff. In Room Mate Hotels we pride ourselves in providing the best customer service in the industry. I will share this review with them so that they can see that their hard work is rewarded.

We offer quality products in the breakfast, and given our location, in the heart of Times Square, our price is unbeatable. We know how tiring this city can be, so in Room Mate Grace we want our guests to have a good breakfast in the morning so that they can start their day with lots of energy.

The steam room is currently under renovation, and it will reopen this weekend. The sauna has been working non-stop. During your stay, any member of our staff would have been happy to assist you with turning it on in case it was disconnected.

I hope to welcome you personally again soon.

Warmest regards,

Room Mate Grace Hotel New York

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014 via mobile

Alvaro, the manager (or something) was so nice and really listened to our small wishes! Some solution he promised was not hold and for that he gave us free drinks! The room was nice and the stuff very helpfull. The hotel lies so close to Times Square so if you like musicals like me and my wife this hotel is more than perfect!!!

AlvaroDiazMartos, Manager at Room Mate Grace, responded to this review, August 12, 2014
Dear Patrick and Christina.

Thank you for taking your time to write such a beautiful review about your stay with us!

It was a pleasure meeting you both and I really enjoyed helping you out with everything I could.

I look forward to welcoming you soon in any of our Room Mate Hotels around the world.

Hope you had a safe trip back home.

Warmest regards,

Barcelona, Spain
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

I have stayed here on two occasions for business. In terms of location, this hotel is fantastic!! It is centrally located just a few steps away from Times Square. The reception staff were very friendly and professional. The room I had was small, the bed was extremely comfortable and I believe the windows must have been double glazed as I did not hear any noise from the street (I was on the third floor). A couple of downsides: The cleaning could be improved, lighting in general throughout the hotel could be improved (hallways, elevators etc) and turn down the AC in the lobby...apart from that Room Mate Grace is a hotel I would return to for location and convenience.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest.

Thank you so much for taking your time to write such candid review about your experience at Room Mate Grace.

I love to see these reviews and share them with my staff, since we learn so much from our mistakes and can improve our service day by day.

I already addressed this review with my Housekeeping Manager in order to keep a closer eye when inspecting the rooms. Trust me, there is nothing I dislike more than comments about our cleanliness.
When you speak about the lights in the hotel, I understand your concerns, but the hotel was designed to have a relaxed atmosphere, hence the dim lights. It is part of our concept.

Regarding the temperature in the lobby, because it is summertime, it is set at a level where most people feel comfortable.

I would like to see you soon in our hotel, so please feel free to email me personally at a.diaz@room-matehotels.com when planning your next visit. I will be delighted to help you in anything you may need.

Warmest Regards,

Assistant Hotel Director
Room Mate Grace Hotel New York.
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

Standard room small but adequate. We just slept in room after a tiring day.
Requested a room on a higher floor away from the elevator which we were allocated. Floor 14, comfortable bed, very quite, room clean, good shower, iron and small ironing board which was handy. One chair and small table but you can sit on ledge alongside bed and window.

Shower and toilet together but used to this back home.

Bed in corner of room next to wall, partner had to clamber over me to get out of the bed during the night to use the bathroom.

Staff always welcoming and helpful. Particularly Luis.

Excellent location.

Swimming pool - not sure how much this was used. When used later at night the pool was hidden and there seemed to be a member of staff supervising. I liked the smell of chlorine when waiting for the lift.

Did not have breakfast in hotel but good deli's nearby.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear guest.

Thank you so much for taking your time to write a review about your stay at Room Mate Grace.

I loved reading your review, it helps us to keep going with motivation and enthusiasm. I will share all these comments with my staff so they can be rewarded as well. They all try their best so our guests leave our premises really satisfied.

I look forward to welcoming you personally soon in any Room Mate Hotel around the world.

Best,

Charleston, SC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

Checked into this hotel last minute as we had a problem with our flight. I'll first start off by saying that we travel to NYC 2-4 times a year for pleasure and we LOVE staying at the Distrikt hotel, Muse hotel and a couple of the Affinia hotels. Unfortunately, they were all booked. Our room was $600 which is far more than what we have paid at any of the above mentioned hotels. The hotel is in DIRE need of an upfit. The vibe is hip and cool but the floors are dirty, walls are dirty, paint chipping, mildew in bathrooms and a foreign substance that we don't even want to guess about on the painted wall/headboard above our heads. There was hair in our bathroom and plenty of it that did not belong to us. Our room would not cool properly. We also were on an upper floor and could still hear every single sound in the street. The kicker.. we had no hot water. None. Zilch. When we called the front desk we were told that they were sorry.. but there was nothing that they could do. Our immediate response was "really? No hot water at all?". The front desk lady responded "yeah, I just found out myself.. sorry 'bout that". We were surprised by her unsympathetic nature and even more surprised that she didn't seem to really care. On a GOOD note... the men who checked us in and out were very pleasant (I unfortunately do not remember their names). Had we paid 1/3rd of the price we would have still been disappointed... please save your money. There are far better and MUCH more affordable AND luxurious hotels for Half the price in close proximity.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
AlvaroDiazMartos, Manager at Room Mate Grace, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
Dear Mary,

First of all, I would like to thank you for taking your personal time to write such a candid review about your stay with us.

As you mentioned, the night of August 5th the city was completely sold out and the demand for rooms was extraordinary high, so prices went up accordingly.

I feel terribly discouraged to read this review because in Room Mate Grace we pride ourselves in giving great service to our customers, trying to make them feel comfortable at all times, in a clean and cool environment.

I am in the process of addressing all the concerns that you mentioned regarding cleanliness and the type of response you received from our agent.

As you pointed out, the situation of the hot water was a random event that we had no control over. However, we worked aggresively to resolve the problem throughout the entire morning. Finally at 1pm the problem was solved.

I wish I had the opportunity to speak with you directly about all your concerns before you checked out from our hotel. I would have been able to do anything I could in order to make your stay more comfortable.

Please feel free to contact me directly at a.diaz@room-matehotels.com

Hope you had a safe trip back home.

Huntingdon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

We stayed for three nights for our anniversary at the end of July. The location of the hotel is near everything. The room was small and average. Nice shower and large counter in the bathroom. The bed was comfortable. The hotel used to have a complimentary continental breakfast. We were told that there was a cost for the "buffet" breakfast which consisted of scrambled eggs, sausage and Kraft cheese slices and sticky buns. There wasn't even coffee in the lobby or in our room. Did not use the pool area. Probably wouldn't stay there again.

Room Tip: Higher rooms don't have noise from the pool.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear guest.

Thank you so much for taking your personal time to write a review about your stay with us.

I am glad to see that you liked most of our amenities and found the rooms comfortable and clean.

As you mentioned, some years ago the hotel offered complimentary breakfast. That breakfast consisted of basic items such as bagels and coffee. To offer a better service to our guests, we decided to upgrade the breakfast with scrambled eggs, sausages, waffles, fruits, etc. The cost of the breakfast is the lowest in any hotel in the area and our guests really value it. I am so sorry to hear that it was not to your standard.

I would like you to give us another chance, so we can really give you the real "Room Mate" experience. Please feel free to contact me personally at a.diaz@room-matehotels.com

Lewes, Delaware
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

This is very typical way to say when the hotel is not a perfect one. The common use of ״boutique hotel" is unfortunately like saying that the hotel is unique but far away of being perfect. Most if the rooms are too small even for NY hotels. Maintenance is bad and furniture are basic. The lovely colors can't cover the basic failures.

Stayed July 2014

Been to Room Mate Grace? Share your experiences!