“Great Hotel!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Room Mate Grace

Save Saved
You added Room Mate Grace to your Saves list
Room Mate Grace
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   125 West 45th Street, New York City, NY 10036 (Manhattan)   |
Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #240 of 453 Hotels in New York City
“Great Hotel!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

Very well located and a Nice decoration. All the employees are very kind. I would stay here again. Nice rooms, the bed is amazing... You don't listen the noise From the street. Near to Times Square and two subway stations. Just in the middle of Manhatan.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
  • Turkish first
Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for a week in April. When we arrived it looked kinda cool, almost like a scene from a music video. The pool was viewable from the lobby which wasn very dimly lit.
Checking in was okay no service issues. Our room was small, which was expected for NYC, but it was very whethered. The lighting was very sparce and the towels and
Sheets smelled gross. Everyday after the first,room service had forgotten to leave towels. Each and everytime I called housekeeping or the front desk I got voicemail so had to go down to the front desk to ask for towels. The pillows were not good at all and the bed felt "old".
The day we left the hotel staff didn't help us with our bags and we actually went to the street to get a cab for the airport and a concierge from the neighbouring Hotel helped us get a cab and with our luggage.
The only positive was that it was a great location. It did the trick, but I would stay somewhere else next time. The resturants nearby were all very times squares touristy and we spent most of the time was walking to other areas to eat. This is not the worst place but not great either.

• Stayed April 2014
Minneapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

Finished up our stay at Room Mate Grace and it was incredible.Traveled with my two boys (6 and 10) to NYC after I had lived there for 5 years so was looking for something close to Times Square and all the craziness. The location of the hotel was perfect! Room was clean and quiet. Small of course but that is what makes it NYC. The bunk beds made a fun adventure for my boys and I.

Best of all, the people were INCREDIBLE. FSD Luis, Jasmin and Chantell made the hotel stay one of the best parts. My boys are already asking if we can go back there. Pool was a nice touch also… My boys and I spent hours there!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Marietta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

My first visit to New York, and I couldn't have picked a better place to stay! Right next to Times Square and the hotel is so clean and the room was the perfect size for me and my friend. The decor is retro-fun, and every floor is a different experience. The breakfast was WAY beyond your average "continental" breakfast, and the staff interacted with us like we were friends :)
Mr. Luis was so accommodating, holding our bags for us the day we left so we could shop a little after check-out...and Mr. Serge (spelling?) always welcomed us with a smile between our visits to all the sites! Ms. Jasmine was so informative, and every restaurant she recommended was spot-on what we were hoping for! I would recommend Room Mate Grace to anyone wanting a great experience in NYC.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not right by the elevator...but even though we were next door to it, the sleep experi...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

The location was good nice and central. The lobby and staff are nice and welcoming upon arrival. The rooms are very small which is acceptable for New York. However I must add that the room did not pass my cleanliness test, stained towels and I did not want to go barefoot on the bathroom floor. Also there was an extremely cold draft coming from the bedroom window which was right next to the bed. Other than that the room was acceptable but I think I will stay somewhere else next time. I must also add that the bed was very comfortable.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Guelph
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

We stayed here for a 3 day visit to NY in early March and really enjoyed our stay, mostly due in part to the friendly staff who seemed ready to help with anything and everything.
Location-wise, this place is literally 2 minutes from Times Square and couldn't be more central for restaurants, theater and everything else we had planned for this trip. It has a subtle look from the outside, so it's easy to miss as a hotel or mistake for something else.
Check-In was quick and easy, we were given a room upgrade free of charge which was a bonus and the front desk staff were more than pleasant. Hotel lobby is compact, and looks into quite the cool looking bar and pool area which spans 2 floors as the building has a small footprint.
Room was nothing special and as expected for room size in NY. It's a very different feel and look they have (see the pictures) but worked for us. Upon arrival our toilet was running non-stop and noisy, which we called down to front desk and within 30 minutes someone was up with new parts and had it fully repaired and on their way, problem solved. Safe is free to use and our room had a fridge which was handy over a 3 day trip to store some things. Overall a clean room, comfy bed, windows faced away from main street so zero noise coming through. We heard people in the hall maybe twice over the 3 days, and no footsteps above so no issues there.
Did not eat any meals or use the bar, but the menu seemed standard/average at best and restaurant didn't blow me away from an appearance standpoint. All tied in to the pool area which is small but neat in that it's connect to the bar. This is probably why they host a Pool Party every Saturday night which we found out returning to the hotel late Saturday evening. Lobby, pool, bar packed with non-guests and security at the front door checking everyone who came in. Didn't bother us as once you were up the elevator you couldn't hear a sound, but could be annoying if you wanted to use the pool area.
Over the course of the stay the front desk staff was fantastic in doing little things for us, recommendations, printing things, wake-up calls, and otherwise just acknowledging you as you came and went...sometimes it's the little things that go the longest way!
Check-Out just as simple and quick, no issues and bill settled as expected. In the end, I would recommend to someone taking a similar trip and needing a convenient place to sleep and be central to Midtown. We would return for a comparable rate, though with so many hotels to try, tough to say.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms are oddly shaped due to small footprint of hotel, be prepared or request an upgrad...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Outer Banks, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

Arrived around 10:00 to drop off bags and they gave us our room early. Extremely friendly staff. Nice clean rooms. Bathroom was large, but the shower and toilet area was a little dingy looking. Beds were very comfortable. Room was a decent size for NYC. The location was the best.... walking distance to so many places. Saturday night pool/dance party was very loud in the lobby area, but we couldn't hear it once we were in our room. We would definitely stay here again!

Stayed March 2014

Been to Room Mate Grace? Share your experiences!