“CENTRAL & GREAT VALUE 5***” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Room Mate Grace

You added Room Mate Grace to your Saves list
Room Mate Grace
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   125 West 45th Street, New York City, NY 10036 (Midtown)   |
Ranked #264 of 463 Hotels in New York City
“CENTRAL & GREAT VALUE 5***”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

Really enjoyed my stay at room mate grace, the staff were all very friendly & accommodating. They let us keep the room til 2pm with no extra charge on check out day, arranged a cab to the airport brilliant! As for the hotel itself it was very clean fresh towels were always available the pool & bar areas were very nice & it was literally seconds away from all the excitement of times square with shops resturants bars and street sellers a plenty! Thank you for making our trip so enjoyable :)

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
RoomMateHotels, Manager at Room Mate Grace, responded to this review, March 16, 2014
Dear guest.

Thank you for taking your time to write such a good review about your stay with us.

Since our philosophy it is to treat our guests like our friends, we try to accommodate them the best way possible. Sometimes it is hard to please everyone, since so many guests request late check outs. If we have the hotel sold out that same day, it is impossible for us to leave our guests in the room further than 2pm. Of course, If a room requests it and we see it is possible, we happily accommodate them with no extra charge.

I am happy to see that you found our rooms clean and fresh, and you mention our location too!!

Please do not hesitate to contact me pesonally if you visit New York City again.

Room Mate Grace Hotel Management Team.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
  • Turkish first
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

Let me begin by saying what everyone who has ever traveled to NYC already knows....its an AMAZING city. Prior to this trip I never felt the urge to visit NYC, I am from Toronto and just figured we were a smaller, cleaner version of them...I COULD NOT HAVE BEEN MORE WRONG! I had this preconceived notion that New Yorkers were rude...again WRONG!
I had read a bunch of reviews on Roommate Grace and they were generally good so I was really looking forward to it. I had been warned that hotel rooms were very small in New York and to not expect what I am use to in Canada, but honestly even with the size (which was much bigger than I thought) it was such a good use of space. Trendy décor comfy bed, good sized closet!
Upon arrival ( Friday January 17, 2014 ) we were greeted by THE BEST FRONT DESK STAFF I have ever encountered (honestly Toronto, Montreal, Niagara falls have never compared...neither has Europe) Her name was Jennifer and honestly I would stay at the hotel again because of her!! It was like we had known her forever she was so welcoming and sweet (she alone changed my views on New Yorkers!!) I told her that my best friend and I were there for my birthday and she gave us a room on a higher floor and was genuinely so sweet!! (to whoever reads this...that girl deserves a raise!) There was another lady that worked the front desk and I do apologize but I forgot to write her name down but she was amazing, we told her we had wanted to go to Sardis for dinner she told us how to get there and made reservations for us!! She also helped us get to LGA by transit!! Javier the security guard was also very nice and helpful, not rude or snobby like most here in Toronto. Luis the FSD was also amazing ...honestly great, great staff!!!
The pool area was AMAZING and Rob, the Bar-Manager was such a sweety and again very welcoming, let my friend and i know that the hotel has pool parties, we ended up going and honestly if you stay at that hotel you should check them out...fun, fun, fun! Great Bar-Manager, really fun for guests!!
Over-all we had a fabulous trip to NYC and I can say the hotel was in fact a good part of that!!! I am sooo looking forward to staying there again!!!! Thank you Roommate Grace for a great experience.!!!

FYI THIS HOTEL IS LITERALLY A 2 MINUTE WALK FROM TIMES SQUARE!!!! what more could you want?!!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Dear guest.

Thank you so much for taking your time to write such a nice review about your stay in Room Mate Grace.

Honestly, this is one of the nicest and best reviews we ever had. The fact that you mention so many staff members makes me feel really proud of them. Of course I will take a moment to discuss this review with them.

Room Mate Hotels philosophy is to treat our customers like they are visiting a friends house, hence all our properties have different human names. We will be more than happy if you visit us again!

Thank you so much for being such a nice guest, this kind of reviews it is what makes our job so valuable and keeps us growing better every day.

Looking forward to welcoming you again soon!

Hope you had a nice trip back to Toronto, I am dying to visit it too!

Laval, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

I found the Room Mate Grace on hotels.com, looking for a reasonnably prices room close to Time Square since we only had one night to stay in NYC and I'm very happy with the find!

First the hotel is a stone's throw away from Time Square and Broadway, the staff was very friendly and helpful and they have an agreement with a near-by secure parking lot the next street over so you don't spend half your travel budget on parking!

The rooms are small but cozy (AND clean!), the decor is fabulous and while you can tell the place has got some age to it, it is very well maintained, it doesn't smell old or musty and isn't shabby at all.

Our room was on the 7th floor, so while we did hear a little bit of trafic and partying late in the evening, it didn't inconvenience us at all.

For the location we're in and the price we paid, it was more than we could ask for!

• Stayed January 2014
Dear customer.

What a great review!!!

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a nice review about your stay in Room Mate Grace. Thank you for mentioning our agreement with Meyers Parking, because it is something that our guests find very valuable, and it´s just in 44th street!

If you visit the city again, please do not hesitate to contact me personally and I will do my best to accommodate you.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014 via mobile

We enjoyed our stay at the Room Mate Grace. The room was stylish and comfortable, but small. We did not expect all of the bells and whistles one gets when you stay at a four star resort, so we were not disappointed. The location was conveniently within walking distance to Central Park, Shopping, dining, and Broadway. The staff was enthusiastic and friendly. This was the perfect hotel for a weekend in the city.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest.

Thank you so much for taking your time to write such a candid review.

I am so happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and found Room Mate Grace the perfect hotel for your weekend.

As you may know, hotel rooms in New York are small, and depending on the time of the year, pricey. We try to accommodate our guests the best way possible, trying to make them feel like home, it is part of our core business.

All of our rooms are different, so next time contact me personally and I will make sure you get a nicer room.

Looking forward to welcoming you again soon.

Hope you had a nice trip back home.

Calgary, AB, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

I stayed at this hotel as part of a University trip with my classmates. The hotel has a very "upscale hostel" feel to it. The room that we stayed in had bunks in it, which was perfect for low budget travelling with a group. The hotel is quite quirky, with fun wallpaper everywhere. The swim up bar and sauna was great...it is probably the biggest draw that this hotel has, and I really enjoyed it. They don't offer much else in terms of extra amenities/services, but you really don't need it when you are so close to Times Square. It's about a 2 minute walk from the hotel; perfect!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Dear guest.

Thank you for taking your time to write such a nice review about your stay with us.

I see that you stayed in our Quad rooms. These rooms are perfect for parties of 4, because it is hard to find rooms for 4 people in New York city, and apart from that, you can split the price too!

All our rooms are different and we have double, triple and quads, so if you happen to visit New York again with your significant other, let us know as well.

I am so happy to see that you enjoyed our pool and swim up bar, our guests love it.

rehoboth, delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

i was very surprised by the price for the location. 2 minutes walk and your right into time square yet it was nicely priced. Tv was fine but limited channels. Window was very drafty while we were there but with the curtains closed it kept the cold at bay. it has a pool but we did not use it.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear guest.

Thank you so much for taking your time to write a review about your stay with us.

When people want to book a Hotel in New York, the first place they think of is the Times Square area.

We have the privilege to be only steps away from it, where everyone wants to be. At the same time, we can say our guests find our property quietly located from the buzz and noise of the square.

It is unfortunate, but we are upgrading our TV system with Time Warner and that is why our Tvs have a limited channel option. This will be updated very soon.

The windows in the hotel need to be better insulated because we have seen a draft in the building on cold days. We are changing all the windows on the property this year and I apologize if the draft was an inconvenience.

I hope to see you again soon, please do not hesitate to contact me personally and I will be more than welcome to accommodate you the best way possible.

Looking forward to seeing you soon.

Kind Regards,

Hollywood, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

I was a little leery at first ... but pleasantly surprised with the room, location, and staff. The WiFi didn't work in the first room, but after a quick move, all was fine. A little awkward to climb up into the bed which is on an elevated platform, but I slept well. The towels were a little small, but they were thick and soft. Again, a solid nod to the ladies on the front desk for their friendly demeanor and willingness to keep the customer happy. I already booked my room here for next month.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear customer.

I would first like to take this opportunity to thank for taking your time to write such a nice review about your stay with us.

Customer service is a key factor in Room Mate Hotels and is part of our core business. We try to make our guests feel they are visiting a friends house.

I am so happy to see that apart from this, you had such a nice visit that you will be staying with us again!

Please let us know if you need anything upon check-in and we will be more than happy to accommodate you.

Hope you had a nice trip back home.

Kind regards,

Room Mate Hotels Management Team.

Been to Room Mate Grace? Share your experiences!