“Unique place to stay in great location :)” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Room Mate Grace

Save Saved
You added Room Mate Grace to your Saves list
Room Mate Grace
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   125 West 45th Street, New York City, NY 10036 (Manhattan)   |
Offers & Announcements
Package Deal
Ranked #241 of 453 Hotels in New York City
Bolton, United Kingdom
“Unique place to stay in great location :)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for our forst wedding anniversary and weren't disappointed. Rooms were quirky and well equipped, the bar downstairs was always busy and the pool area over looking the bar area was really cool. If your looking for a hotel with a great location and something with personality this is the place for you :)

• Stayed October 2012
RoomMateHotels, Manager at Room Mate Grace, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Dear R_L_Gibbo

Im so happy to hear you had such a great stay with us! Its great to hear that our guest find our facilities to their liking. We like our guest to make good use of them.

I hope we can see you again soon and please dont hesitate to contact us directly next time and we will arrange something special for such an amazing occasion!

Looking forward to seeing you again.

Room Mate Grace Hotel Management Team.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
  • Turkish first
Lisbon, Portugal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

The Room Mate Grace is a wonderful hotel in the center of Manhattan.
Have a great location, you can visit or shopping and go to the hotel for a rest.
In the center of Times Square you can go first thing in the morning when there is no one there to take some pics.
The only thing is this hotel should have breakfast included in the rate.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Tiago.

Thank you so much for your nice review about Room Mate Grace.

We offer our guests the oportunity to choose between having the breakfast included in their rates or not. When our guest makes a reservation with us, the breakfast is a great option to start the day, and its price is separated from the room rate.

We hope to see you again soon, so please dont forget this tip or just tell our front desk agents that you would like to enjoy our breakfast and we will add it to your room.

Thank you again for taking your time to offer your nice feedback.

Looking forward to seeing you soon!

Kind Regards,

Room Mate Grace Hotel Managament Team.
Beijing
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

If you want a hotel close to all the action of TImes Square then this is a good option! No fuss, no frills but a very comfortable room and the staff were always very helpful! The best selling point for me was it was very close to Jimmy's Corner on 44th Street which I have already reviewed and is where everyone who visitis New York should stop by to have a drink!

Room Tip: There is a small pool bar which young ones would like!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear BeijingWayne.

Thank you so much for your candid review about your stay at Room Mate Grace.

Room Mate Hotels philosophy is to ensure the most commonly used hotel facilities are always available to our guests.Thats why we offer a comfortable bed, a nice shower and a healthy breakfast. I am so happy te hear that you could find a relaxed stay after the the craziness the city offers.

Next time please bring your bathing suit and join our spa facilities!

Looking forward to welcoming you again soon.

Madrid, Spain
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

When you book a hotel for your honeymoon after expending more than $6,000 for a 10 day stay at luxury room in a boutique hotel in the capital of the world, the first thing you expect is quality service. This is not the case for the Room Mate.

First of all, my wife and I had to wait for more than an hour for the check in because the guy at the hotel told us after a long wait his shift was over. WTF tell me that before. Then they showed us the room. We paid for a luxury room and that was far away from luxury. It was the tiniest room I've ever been in my life. After complaining they showed us other 3 rooms to choose from, all,of them way better than the one we had been offered to.

So here is the deal, after having spent an awesome amount of money for our honeymoon, we had been placed in the worst room of the hotel had we not complained about it.

As I said before, we stayed in our honeymoon there for more than a week. Guess what any special treat we received from the hotel for being honeymooners? You are right. NONE.

Yes the location just bounties Sq is great and the hotel is nicely decorated... But for the money you are paying you can find better options in value for money and quality service.

Very poor staff and service. That is my opinion on Room Mate grace

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Alex.

Thank you for taking the time to offer your feedback; comments from our guests are extremely important, allowing us to identify our strengths and highlight opportunities for improvement. We strive for excellence and pride ourselves on providing personalized service to all our guests. I am so sorry to hear your stay with us was so disappointing. I appreciate your honesty and would like to take this opportunity to address all of your concerns.

The layout of all our rooms are different. Since you found the assigned room small, we did our best to relocate you to a bigger room. In order to make something special for our honeymooners, we need to know in advance that our guests are staying with us because of that beautiful occasion. I am sorry to hear we didnt have a special treatment for you during your stay. We encorage our guests to call in advance to make sure we are aware of all their needs.

I am so sorry to hear your stay with us was so disappointing. I appreciate your honesty and would welcome the opportunity to discuss your experience so I am able to address your concerns with the staff directly. Please feel free to reach out to me at your convenience and thank you again for being so candid.

I hope you had a great trip back home.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is a stones throw from Times Square and the vibe from the city follows you right into the lobby. Some people may want a slice of serenity from the NYC hustle and bustle, I don't understand that. When I'm in the city that never sleeps, I want to have as many entertainment options as possible. This hotel offers a sense of that city vitality. When you walk into the hotel, you're not halted by some monstrous front desk with large floral arrangements; in fact, you can see right through the windows into a swank bar and a mini movie theater, which is projected over a pool. Hello New York! The service is quality, as expected. The location is perfect. No one expects large square footage in any NYC hotel room, and the room mate Grace keeps with what I find to be a standard sized room. They are well-organized, well decorated, and still offer space to move. They offer private commodes, large standing showers, a good vanity area, bedside table, a large television with DVD player, and a mini fridge. Plenty of mirrors as well. I think the vibe of this hotel is contemporary without being futuristic. it's very sensible, and yet they offer some real perks as well. I would recommend this hotel over some of its neighbors hands-down. The party downstairs does not interfere with your rest upstairs, and it's good to know you can get a drink poolside, watch a little bit of a film, and party with a small crowd, Before you even leave the hotel! Then walk half a block to the center of Times Square.

• Stayed March 2013
Dear MisterHotelSnob.

Thank you so much for offering your feedback about your stay with us. I am glad to see you described in detail all our facilities and I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed them all.

Room Mate strives for excellence and reviews like these are so rewarding.

I hope you traveled home safely.

Looking forward to seeing you very soon!

Hythe, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

This Hotel in the centrer of town walking distance to all the best place two min from time sq.the rooms were clean and tidy with big showers i did have a dip in the pool as well breakfast very good. found the staff very friendly and helpful

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Rod.

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a great review about your stay with us.

I am going to address these comments with my staff as they would be pleased to hear such wonderful feedback from our guests.

Looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

We stayed at Room Mate Grace for a week (11 -18 August 2013) and were really impressed. The location is fantastic as it is just around the corner from the centre of Times Square (with 2 Irish pubs next door if you like an after-sightseeing drink or two) but the hotel was very quiet at night. This is a very modern hotel with great amenities like a pool (hard to come by in NY) and free Wi-Fi) so I think it is good value for money. The hotel was always clean and the staff very friendly - I don't think I've come across a more helpful or happy group of hotel staff anywhere. If you are lucky you will get checked in by Chawntell on the front desk - always so happy and ready to help - what a superstar!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
RoomMateHotels, Manager at Room Mate Grace, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Dear Natalie.

Thank you so much for your candid review. As you may know, Room Mate Hotels philosophy is to treat our guests as if they were staying at a friend´s house, . Our goal is to create a fun and comfortable atmosphere for all our guests. Im so proud to hear that our staff were striving for excellence during your stay. I will let them know what a great review you´ve posted, so they see how their daily efforts are being compensated.

I wanna take this oportunity to thank you for your reviews and comments about our location and amenities. We are looking forward to checking you in soon, and please dont hesitate to take a moment to talk to me personally.

Warmest Regards,

Room Mate Grace Hotel Management Team.

Been to Room Mate Grace? Share your experiences!