“Great!!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Room Mate Grace

Save Saved
You added Room Mate Grace to your Saves list
Room Mate Grace
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   125 West 45th Street, New York City, NY 10036 (Manhattan)   |
Offers & Announcements
Package Deal
Ranked #216 of 446 hotels in New York City
Catania, Italy
“Great!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

If you look for a posh Hotel in Manatthan this is the place where you should go!
The hotel is 5 minutes walking from times square, during the weekend they organize party on the swimming pool and the bar is really cool.
Evey floor has a different style and the rooms are colorfull with new forniture
The staff is really friendly and helpfull.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
RoomMateHotels, General Manager at Room Mate Grace, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review. I am happy to read that you enjoyed your stay and our hotel. Hope we can have you again soon.

Nelia Rodriguez
General Manager Room Mate Grace

1,769 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
  • Turkish first
Luton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

Just returned from a great long weekend in NY.
Hotel is clean and the best location, just a minute walk from Time Square. All you need but basic.
There were 3 adults sharing (rm 805), not much space and bunk bed for third person!
You need to know each other well or it can be difficult, curtain across shower and sliding door on toilet, personally, a little bit too "open plan".
Room could do with kettle etc and somewhere to hang towel etc when in the shower.
We used room purely to sleep in as it was small and basic.
Good selection of places to eat and drink locally and all sights, shopping very accessible.
Irish pubs next door, very friendly and good atmosphere. Would avoid Juniors for breakfast as recommended by hotel. Look around and go a little further afield.
Will definitely go back.

Room Tip: Think the concept and "modern" twist on Room mate Hotels is very good, just don't expe...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dunsborough, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is in the perfect location for anyone 'touring', it is in the middle of all the attractions and just down the street from Times Square. The tube stop is 5 mins walk away, and the station has trains going in all directions.
The service staff were friendly and informative when you checked in, the house keeping staff were great.
We had a "one bed" room, which was a little small for 2 people - we were pretty much on top of each other.
The beds are off the ground - I wouldn't recommend for anyone with a knee injury, and if you stay, keep this in mind when you get up in the middle of the night. In saying this though - the bed was very comfortable and we had a great nights sleep!
Water is always hot. Lighting was a bit dim in the room, the shower and the restroom.
Room has a safe, fridge and there is storage space for your bags underneath the bed.
Has a pool and bar downstairs - we had no issues with noise from this or the street up on the 4th floor.
All in all a pretty good stay, but for what we paid a night would have expected a bigger room.

• Stayed March 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Myself and four others stayed at this hotel in August 2012. Booked through a travel agent and went purely on the budget we had to work on and location. As tourists we couldn't have been in a better location. Leave the hotel, turn right and within minutes we were in Times Square. Pick up tour buses from there and the tourist information office is there and of course the theatres. Leave the hotel turn left and go into the deli named The Blueberry which doesn't look much from the outside, BUT the choice and value for money for their food is amazing. From breakfast to brunch to a bigger meal, a fruit platter or just a coffee and a danish. Lovely freshly prepared food. Busy and popular. Pick up a lunch to go from here and it will see you through the day on a hectic sight seeing adventure. The hotel is small compared to some I suppose. The staff were helpful in all aspects of our stay there. They will also arrange a taxi for you for your return journey home to the airport. The rooms are "funky" we loved the decor on the hall walls and doors too. You can order food etc and use the pool area, but we were only there for 4 nights and five days and were constantly out and about doing the tourist "things" so only used it for sleeping and showering. Slept well. Would definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Location was fab. Our party was split across 2 floors and rooms, all of us were happy with the roo...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Istanbul, Turkey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for just one night and found the stay quite satisfying. I booked via booking.com for 150 $ per night which was almost bargain for a hotel at this location. When you leave the hotel, you walk two minutes and you are at Times Square! Fantastic location!

The room was not too spacious but as I was travelling alone, it was not a problem for me. One funny thing (maybe strange) is that you have to climb to the bed:) Also bathroom sink is in the middle of the room, interesting setting.

Overall, for an one-night stay, the hotel met all my expectations.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
westslny
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Stayed here 3/19 and 3/20. I went to the hotel to check my bag at 10:30 am. The desk person was very pleasant and said there was a room available and I could check in-Great! I thougt the room was a bit odd- no separate bathroomThe sink was in an open area that contained a microwave and a safe. It was okay,but the shower was in one cubicle and the toilet in another with a bizarre sliding mirrored door that slid between the two, not quite covering either area. There was no chair, so if you you wanted to sit you had to get into bed which was on a platform that you had to climb up to get into the bed It was about 18" high. To get to the other side of the bed you had to shimmy along a space about 6" wide. Obviously no bedside tables or bed size lamps (I'm A reader and having no bedside lamp is really annoying to me) The only lighting was overhead which i hate.
While i rarely take baths at home, but after a long day of walking in the city, a bath is welcome. there is only a shower here.
A simple small pour of Pinot Grigio was $15 plus a compulsory $3 gratuity !!! Those were my complaints the first day.
I was in town by myself one night with my husband joining me on the second day. At 8:30 in the morning I heard banging and clanging outside my fifth floor window. I had the blackout curtain across half the window and suddenly there was was a cherry picker with two guys in it right outside my window!
I jumped out of bed and ran to the desk. The clerk was very nice and said she was upgrading me and giving me a new room. Good. I went to my new room, opened the door and there was a man in there shaving at the sink in the open plan entry/bathroom! To say I was freaked out is to put it mildly. He assured me he wouldn't hurt me, that he worked in the hotel. I suspect he was homeless or something and was snaking into unoccupied room for grooming. Had I arrived 3 minutes later he might have been naked in the shower in the open plan bathroom. Off i went, back to the front desk. They were horrified and escorted me to my 3rd room in 15 minutes. She said she would arrange for me to have complimentary breakfast. I went to the breakfast room and made myself a plate to go back to the room and watch the Today show. You guessed it---the tv didn't work.
I've been married a long time, but I like my privacy when showering and dressing . Here I felt i had to dry off and partially dress in the stall. It was also very awkward getting up to pee in the night--having to jump off an 18" platform in the dark.
I pretty much thought this was a stupid hotel. I'm not young, but I'm pretty hip where design is concerned. But I know bad design and ugliness when I see it. And even when design is hip, it should function for privacy and comfort. The only reason I'm giving it any stars at all is that the staff were very pleasant and understanding.

join me the second night

Room Tip: go someplace else
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Singapore, null, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

We stayed here for holiday. The location is right smack at Times Square and relatively near to the subway. Absolutely fantastic for first time leisure travellers!

The room, although small and in unusual shape, is well designed to maximize the use of space which is understandable as it's prime location and it's New York.

There's a tiny in-door pool on the ground floor, near the lobby which is surrounded by glass wall. People gather there to drink and chill out but I don't think anyone can swim there. Nice to see there's space to chill regardless.

For 2 of us girls staying, we felt comfortable and totally happy with our choice. Highly recommend!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Room Mate Grace? Share your experiences!