“Like a Second Home” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel on Rivington

You added Hotel on Rivington to your Saves list
Hotel on Rivington
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   107 Rivington Street, New York City, NY 10002 (Lower East Side)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Ranked #71 of 464 Hotels in New York City
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Santa Rosa Beach
“Like a Second Home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

Just stayed for four nights...once again, the front desk staff is extremely welcoming...and a special shout out to NYC's best concierge, Adam...and the fellas downstairs; guys, you're the greatest!...especially Lester, who always makes my day, and makes me feel so great, it's like he's worth my weight in Platinum!...Thanks, everyone! Dan

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Adam P, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel on Rivington, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Hi Daniel M! Thank you so much for your 5 Circle Review! You make our day when you stay with us. :) I passed on your kind words to Lester and he sends his best regards!

You are too kind. Hope to see you back on Rivington Street soon!

Adam

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (229)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

Below is a letter i sent to the GM:

I recently stayed at the Hotel on Rivington from November 12th to November 16th and had one of the most satisfying hotel stays in my many years of traveling. While I was only there for four days, I wish I could have prolonged my stay because of the amazing experience I had at the hotel. The staff and the atmosphere of the hotel was above and beyond my expectations, and would just like to let you know that your hotel is doing an excellent job keeping the guests feel very welcomed and content.

When I initially booked the reservation over the phone, Geo could not have been more polite and courteous answering my many questions regarding room and hotel accommodations. In fact, before we hung up, he mentioned he would be working the afternoon I arrived and looked forward to my arrival.

When I entered the hotel, Geo greeted me with a smile. He was not only polite but also started a friendly conversation, and as a woman traveling alone, made me feel very welcome and comfortable. This type of friendly attitude translated throughout the four days I stayed at the hotel. Every evening, prior to meeting friends for dinner, I had a glass of wine and sat next to the front desk observing guests interact with The front desk and Geo and Asiatic. They were extremely professional when navigating challenging personalities. These two men are a valuable asset to your hotel guests and your business.

In addition, the room was very clean, the cleaning staff very accommodating, and the bed was very comfortable. Even though the cost of the hotel is quite pricey, the experience was definitely worth the money I spent and the value was very high. A hotel like the Rivington is at a level of high expectation and it really fulfilled those expectations. I hope that this kind of hospitality continues at the Rivington so that more people could share an experience like I did at your hotel. See you again in February!

• Stayed November 2013
Adam P, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel on Rivington, responded to this review, November 23, 2013
Hello CheriNYC! Thank you so much for your spirited 5 Circle Review! We love to hear from our guests and are so happy that you enjoyed your stay. Our staff is committed to providing excellent service and Geo and Asiatic are no exception. Always with a smile and ready to help!

We look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel on Rivington.

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

From the minute I pulled up and being greeted by Eddie at the door, to the arrangement of my car service by Joshua leaving, and everything in between, I was genuinely impressed with the level of service. What differentiated it for me was that it was real, true customer service. Never felt like I was putting anyone out, which isn't always the easiest thing to find these days—but when you do it really stands out. Short stay, but I'll definitely be back.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Hi sdsgraves! Thank you so much for your 5 Circle Review here on TripAdvisor. We are very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

From Eddie, Joshua and the rest of the Team here at Hotel on Rivington,
Moorestown, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

If you haven't seen the New York City skyline from the Lower East Side's Hotel on Rivington, I urge you to stop what you're doing and make plans to do so RIGHT NOW. Honestly, everything about this place is great… location, architecture, staff, amenities. But what really kills me are the views. I've stayed there several times, each time having the pleasure at looking at a completely new vista through floor to ceiling glass and in some rooms, from the balcony. When you approach the entrance to the hotel, you hardly notice it's there, it's that low key. Take a quick trip up to the second floor and your greeted by friendly and experienced staff in the serene setting or the registration desk. You'll be instantly into the adding lounge for a complimentary beverage within a living room atmosphere overlooking Rivington Street's famous Economy Candy. Spend a little time there taking it all in as it will acclimate you to both the hotel and the whole vibe of LES. The head on upstairs, open the door to your room and see what surprises await. Depending on the room, that could be soaking tubs with overhead waterfalls, steam showers, completely stocked mini bar, balcony and VIEWS VIEWS VIEWS which seem to change with the light at every time of the day or night. You'll never want to leave.

Room Tip: They're all good but I really like the hight floors facing East.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Adam P, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel on Rivington, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Greetings from just up the Turnpike, Mark N! You've got us blushing this morning with your excellent 5 Circle Review here on TripAdvisor. Thank you for taking the time to leave such kind words about your experience at Hotel on Rivington. The views speak for themselves (yes even the view of the candy shop!) and we are glad you've gotten to take in the Midtown Skyline as well as the Freedom Tower and the Financial District.
Sorry you had to leave! :) We look forward to welcoming you back any time.

Bromley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

It seems impossible to me now that just a few short months ago, I felt like me and my fiancee Jo were never going to agree on a hotel to stay in for our October trip to NYC. Too expensive, no breakfast, too touristy, too grimy... the search felt never ending. And then... then, Jo found Hotel On Rivington. A boutiquey place about 5 minutes from the Williamsburg Bridge on the Lower East Side.

Revelation.

It was expensive, yes, but not in a way that set it apart from anywhere else on Manhattan Island. And I would say that we more than got what we paid for. When we arrived at the hotel, we nearly walked past it as the only clues to the fact that this building was a hotel were two doormen outside and a "Hotel on Rivington" doormat. Some might find that annoying, but even after 12 hours in transit, I found it rather charming. A word on the doormen- they, Josh especially, were uber friendly and couldn't do enough for you. Sorting out taxis, bringing luggage to your room, they- as with everyone else we came across in the hotel, were so welcoming.

When we got to our room, on a hot, sunny day, we found that we could see the Freedom Tower as well as the Brooklyn Bridge not just from our room, but the shower as well- we got a great sunset one day. I've seen people complain about the fact that the glass isn't frosted which leaves you vulnerable to prying eyes. But, up on the 11th floor, I wasn't too bothered by thoughts of anyone looking up at me. And even if anyone was, I can confirm that the shower cubicle goes from clear to steamed up in about 10 seconds. The bed was very comfortable and- jet lag aside- we slept the sleep of the righteous. As an aside, the day after we checked in, the weather was quite overcast and the Freedom Tower disappeared from view!

We were lucky enough to have complimentary breakfast from the restaurant downstairs, Co-Op. And it was there that we learned that everything you've heard about New York City and their plates of food is true. We staggered out of the restaurant with full bellies more or less every time we ate there, but just as importantly, the food was delicious (my personal favourite, the smoked salmon bagel with scrambled eggs and capers). The guys in the restaurant were a bit more droll than anywhere else, but quite funny if you got chatting to them.

There was free Wi-Fi, free wine in the afternoon (it seemed that some enjoying this service may not have actually been guests of the hotel, reggae music in the lifts and a fairly comprehensive minibar. Just a personal preference, but we loved the black and red interiors. It felt like we were in our own movie whenever we were making an otherwise ordinary journey through the corridors of the hotel. Oh, and the free pool table was a very nice touch. In short, I don't know when we'll return to New York, but when we do, we know where we'll be staying. A great hotel.

I nearly forgot to mention the biggest bathtub I've ever seen, after a day tramping around Manhattan, I didn't want to get out. On that note, some may find the distance between the hotel and the "touristy" bits of NYC a bit of a chore, but we loved being slightly out of the way and, in any case, the F train uptown was only a 5 minute walk away. As was the magnificent Doughnut Plant.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Adam P, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel on Rivington, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Greetings rockthecasbah77! We are so happy that our style didn't "Clash" with yours! Your stellar 5 Circle Review has us grinning from ear to ear here on Rivington Street. So happy that you chose to stay with us, we know you have hundreds of options in Manhattan but you chose to stay at our unique boutique hotel and we are overjoyed that you "loved" it. From Josh, our charming doorman to our hard-working restaurant staff, our aim is to assure an excellent, memorable and comfortable stay for our clientele.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Rivington Street and will take good care of the Doughnut Plant in your absence. Yum! :)

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

First time staying in the LES and this hotel was the perfect location. Nice touches like freshly baked cookies delivered with the turn down service each night really goes above and beyond (plus the complimentary beverages in the bar). The room didn't blow me away, it was modern, clean and spacious for New York .. BUT the beds are something else. Seriously these are THE most comfortable beds I have ever slept in. You have to try them. Quirky minibar with some interesting items, it feels like this hotel is trying to do something different from the faceless corporate hotels and i loved this about the Rivington.
The breakfast was the only chink in their armour - chaotic service and long wait times but this is New York and there are a million other places to eat.
The biggest test of any hotel is would you go back? In this case I cannot wait to return!

Room Tip: Try and get one of the rooms that have a bath in the floor to ceiling window bathrooms - trust me it...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Hi danspoon74! Thanks for the lovely 5 Circle Review here on TripAdvisor! We love to get feedback from our guests and we can't thank you enough. Our beds are Tempur-Pedic and our guests LOVE them. A good night's sleep is a top priority when staying away from home. We are very glad to hear that you are looking forward to coming back and are excited to welcome you back with a comfy bed, complimentary beverages, freshly baked treats and a familiar face to greet you.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

I have been lucky enough to stay in many hotels in NYC on business and for leisure and have often found myself disappointed by the service / friendliness of the staff and the facilities of the hotel for the price and supposed quality rating it has. Hotel on Rivington completely bucked this trend!

Location is a little 'out of centre' but everything you want is still very accessible and the neighbourhood possibly a little noisy at the weekend if you are looking for a relatively quieter NYC break or on are away on business.

Everything else is fantastic! Great bars and restaurants surrounding the hotel, friendly staff who makes sincere gestures of hospitality, little touches that make the difference, good sized rooms, superb amenities - I have absolutely no hesitation in recommending.

Special mention to Evelyn in Reservations - she set the tone prior to my arrival for the service I would receive when I arrived. Friendly, helpful, courteous - an asset.

Room Tip: If you can, pay for a room on a higher floor - quieter and fantastic views
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Adam P, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel on Rivington, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Hi Charwea! Thank you for your stellar 5 Circle Review! We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay at Hotel on Rivington. We are in the business of bucking that trend, for sure. :)

Excellent service is our goal everyday and Evelyn is an asset. From the first phone call with a guest to sending you off in an NYC taxi at the end of your stay, we are committed to that goal.

Thanks again for sharing your kind words here on TripAdvisor!

Adam

Been to Hotel on Rivington? Share your experiences!