“Nice place for tapas on 8th Ave” 4 of 5 stars
Review of El Cid

El Cid
174 8th Ave, New York City, NY 10011 (Chelsea)
(212) 524-6818
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
El Cid is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3,521 of 12,022 Restaurants in New York City
Dining options: Dessert, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Chelsea
Kamuela
“Nice place for tapas on 8th Ave”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012

Very good food and very reasonably priced! Enjoyed a very pleasant dinner here with friends one night during my stay. The food was great and surprisingly affordable. I recommend!

Visited February 2012

New York City, New York
“About right”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2012

My husband and I bought the groupon at $45 (value for $100). It allows us to order 5 tapas and a pitch of sangria. The offer is supposed for two people dinning. On the face, it is an excellent deal. However, taking into consideration the size of each dish (shocked by the tiny shrimps!), I think $45 is about right. We don't think that the food and drink value for $100. Together with the tips and tax, we paid around $60. We believe that is the fair value of what we got. In terms of food quality, it is actually quite good. But for sure, the portion was too little for two adults. The service is also good. The waiters are friendly and responsive to our needs. BTW, be careful of the address shown on Internet. Instead of 8th ave and 15th street, it should be 18th street.

• Visited March 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“I miss the ole El Cid”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2011

The food wasn't quite as tasty and the chicken crocquettes were tasteless, the Sangria was just so so. The pulpo which I remember as being luscious was dry and sitting on top of potatoes. The prices are reasonable, but the portions were embrassing and the taste for me just isn't what it was. The small intimate 15th street location had scrumptious food and the decor was really authentic. The new location could be any one of the many restaurants that line 8th avenue now. I won't be going back.

Visited December 2011
Winter Haven, Florida
“Authentic Spanish cuisine.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2011

The restaurant is now on 8th Avenue between 18th and 19th Streets. We went on a Wednesday night so it was not crowded. The food and service were both excellent.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
freeport ny
“wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2011

Each dish was a delight and our server, Margarito, the little pearl, was charming and thoughtful and added to our pleasurable experience. I can only criticize the music played..some flamenco or other Spanish music would have enhanced the wonderful meal. I still highly grant it five stars and can't wait to return. to try everything else.

• Visited December 2011