“What a gem!” 5 of 5 stars

Special TripAdvisor Rate
Ranked #7 of 463 Hotels in New York City
“What a gem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

Stayed at the Broome with my wife on a trip to NYC to celebrate her birthday. We found the Broome through various review sites and were very pleasantly surprised. We've stayed in the Trump SoHo and the Hotel James in the past-- we agreed that the Broome was better. Some highlights:
- very quiet room (ours was facing the inner courtyard)
- excellent complimentary breakfast-- pastries from Balthazar (I believe), smoked salmon on bagels, really good granola with yogurt, OJ squeezed to order, fresh pineapple.
- the TV programming was amazing-- MLB, NFL, NBA channels included! I was bummed that I forgot to set my home DVR to record my NFL team's preseason game on the NFL network. I didn't even bother to check if the Broome had NFL network, because what hotel would provide that? Well, I found out after the game was over that, indeed, they had NFL network.
- very friendly staff.
Lowlights (I'm nitpicking here):
- beware the room safe-- it does not work like 90% of room safes I've encountered. I accidentally locked my stuff in by not reading the strategically placed instruction card in the safe.
- the provided soap "chalk" pieces, while pleasantly scented, are a bit awkward to use when showering.

That's about it. Wonderful, small, intimate, well-appointed hotel. I look forward to staying there again.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the courtyard for maximum quietness.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Bordeaux, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

This the best hotel you can find while visiting NYC. Stayed in the penthouse with a lovely terrasse to get some rest after a long day and to recover from jetlag. Breakfast is however much too light with no choice at all. I strongly recomend that place.

Room Tip: Penthouse room.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Evanston, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

My regular hotel in Chelsea was filled when I went to NYC recently. Found The Broome. Only open since Valentine's day. It was delightful. All the staff were as nice as can be. Facility was very nice. Liked Soho as well as Chelsea. Will definitely be back, both to the area and the hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014 via mobile

Three minutes walk from the N,R,Q,4 and 5 subway lines. On Broome, just off Broadway. Easy to get to all the sights. Subway fares are standard $2,75. Bought a metro card for $1 and put $19 on it to save time.
Small hotel, so best to book early.
Rooms are a good size and the beds are really comfortable.
Service is faultless, because it is a small place where the people really matter.
Breakfast is limited choice but carefully chosen to answer customer's preferences. The key point is every item is the best quality, from the fresh fruit to the smoked salmon.
We booked it for the start of a two week touring holiday, but liked it so much we booked it again for the final two days.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Rockville, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

My wife and daughter spent one night at the hotel. The hotel is great, small, but extremely clean and new. They do not have double bedrooms as I understand, but I could be wrong. I think is a great place for couple. It was my daughter’s birthday the following day and at no charge, they kindly served her a muffing and candle during breakfast and included a note I sent her via fax. They were very friendly and my daughter was surprised. No doubt I will go back, hopefully this time I will go with my wife and no kids. Thank you Broome friends. You made my daughter’s birthday special.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Syracuse, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

Loved this hotel so much! The room was spacious and beautifully decorated. The location was so convenient to soho shopping, restaurants and subway stops. The breakfast in the courtyard was quaint and delicious. Would definitely recommend this for a true New York experience, can't wait to go back !

Room Tip: The junior suite was very spacious
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
London, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

I stayed for a couple of night's in May and as someone else has called it in their review...it really is a true gem. Affordable, cosy, welcoming and nothing like any other hotel experience I have had in NYC. It has a quirky feel to it. The courtyard is a wonderfully peaceful place to have breakfast and just everything you would want from a boutique hotel. Clean, comfy and I slept like a log. What more could you ask for. Also, the room's are a good size which makes a change from a lot of NYC hotels. And most importantly, it was very reasonably priced...please don't change this! Staff couldn't have been more helpful. Felt like I was strangely coming home. I even brought some NYC friends by to have a look at it after I had left. It really is GREAT! Annoyingly, this honest and truthful review that I have given will only make it harder to book a room next time! Well done The Broome for achieving such a high rating so early on!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to The Broome? Share your experiences!