“So much in a small package” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
BOOK DIRECT AND SAVE!
Ranked #8 of 459 Hotels in New York City
new york city
“So much in a small package”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

The Broome is a complete gem. Its location is hard to beat and if you book rooms that are in the back courtyard you will sleep in blissful silence. The room rates are completely reasonable for NyC and are so full of thoughtful amenities you will swear you are in a far fancier place.
The owner is beyond charming and really understands the meaning of hospitality,
I love this place so much i hesitated to recommend it for fear of it becoming so popular it could get really hard to get back in! My desire to reward a great business working extra hard to make my stay memorable won out in the end.
Rooms are very small and simple but contain everything one could hope for imo

Room Tip: Room 25 was perfect for us.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

This perfect location in Soho is complimented beautifully by amazing staff! So friendly and helpful! The rooms are completely sound proof, the beds are fantastic and break is great. Couldn't recommend The Broome and their staff enough!

Youngstown, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

Stayed for 2 nights during a weekend trip to NYC. Great location. Right in the middle of all the sites and attractions in lower Manhattan. Walked to Little Italy and Chinatown for dinner each night. Had a room overlooking the courtyard. No noise from the adjoining rooms or their patio below. Room size small, but still very comfortable. Free breakfast was not the standard bacon and eggs, but perfect considering the big dinners we were having in the city. Only negative was that the breakfast starts one hour later on the weekends than the weekdays. We were not informed about that. Went down early the first morning since we had an excursion booked and they were not open yet. No problem, it gave us an opportunity to try out one of the highly rated bagel shops nearby. So it worked out great for us in the end. But we should have been told the correct times on check-in. Especially since all the other dealings with the staff were perfect.
For example, I called down to the front desk the morning we were checking out to have them order a cab. Was told that they could not be ordered ahead of time. But a car service could be. Had her do that, the car was waiting for us when we came down, and the cost turned out to be less expansive than if we had flagged down a cab out on the street.
So if you are looking for a small, boutique hotel in Lower Manhattan, this is the place.

Room Tip: Get a room overlooking the courtyard
Newport Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

We read the CNT review and thought we would try the Broome. It was a great choice. The small hotel was big on charm and ambiance. The hotel has a sophisticated and European vibe. The rooms are small but comfortable. The bedding was high quality and the bathroom sundries high end. We enjoyed the breakfast in the interior courtyard. The staff was very warm and it was also nice to see the owners on site interacting with their guests. Don't miss the small gift shop which has a selection of interesting clothing and accessories.

Room Tip: Deluxe guest room with balcony is a good choice- very quiet overlooking interior patio
Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

We stayed at the Broome for 4 nights at the end of June, and we loved it. The small, cosy hotel really makes you feel at home, and having a room with access from the patio balcony, it really felt like our little private "pied à terre" in NY.
If a friend asked me :" I saw this hotel "The Broome" online, should I book it ?" I would answer : "definitely, go for it !".

So, being pragmatic, the positive points :
- It's very well situated, at the corner of Broome and Broadway, which makes it easy to explore the city, and gives you the feeling you belong
- Staff was extremely nice, friendly and helpful (maybe just at the exception of the guy in charge at breakfast, who did not look like he was eager to help at all, and a bit slow to serve you...). They helped us as much as possible when we needed assistance for booking, or directions
- The room, while a bit too dark, was very nice furnished, very clean, drawers gave plenty of space to unpack, the bed was super comfortable, bathroom wasn't big, but big enough (isn't it always the case in big cities where space is precious ?), toiletries were surprisingly nice (shower gel, moisturizer, shampoo and conditioner, all smelling super nice, and in big bottles, so you have more than enough for 2)
- Available for purchase in the room where painkillers, which I never saw before in an hotel. A little touch very useful when you wake up with an headache, and realize you forgot to pack yours.

On the negative side :
- Food at breakfast could be a bit more abundant (not smoked salmon left at 8:30 AM on the first morning - a Sunday - while Breakfast was open until 11:00 AM, and no apology from the waiter...), and service more attentive/quicker (I usually notice that service is too slow when I suddenly wonder where is my order - coffee, orange juice...- in the middle of my meal).
- The door steps are quite steep, and make dragging your suitcase inside a bit difficult, but it's a detail (except if you have difficulties walking, of course).

So to sum it up : a pretty nice little cosy place in a very big city. Go for it !

Room Tip: Patio rooms are very nice, with an independent entry.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

I stayed at the Broome last weekend during a trip to NYC with my girlfriend, during which I proposed to her. I called the Broome ahead of time and told them about my plan, and they were more than happy to accommodate requests I had in order to make the weekend special.

The room was great - it had a walkway overlooking their courtyard just outside it with a little table set up so that we could sit and talk while enjoying the outdoors. The bed was comfortable and the room very nice. The courtyard was cozy and pretty, and the walkways overlooking it were lined with flowers.

The staff went above and beyond to help make the weekend great. They set up framed pictures of my girlfriend and I (that I had mailed to them) in the room ahead of when we checked in, as well as printed off a picture for me mid trip and added it to the room. They also had great suggestions for places to eat/drink nearby (there were tons due to the great location in SoHo).

The rooms aren't cheap, but you definitely get what you pay for.

I would recommend the Broome to anyone!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
London,England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

The Broome has a very friendly, homely feel about it, so if that's what you are looking for then it's a good place to stay.
Pros
The free breakfast is excellent, the granola in particular was superb.
The staff are very helpful and friendly, don't expect formality or loads of staff (but it's a small hotel ), but I like that.
Location good, just off Broadway (but you can work that out yourself !)
Very comfortable beds and stylish decor
Free wifi
Very good bathroom products

Cons
Our room was small by NY standards, there was simply not enough hanging space for 2 people, I would say 18" of useable rail.
Gym:I had read there was an arrangement with NYSC, which is sort of true, I was given a "promotion" style free pass, which worked fine, but I could only use that once, after that it was $10 a time. Whether this is really a "con" or not, is up to you to decide, but the facts should be known.
I couldn't work out whether the walls were thin or the guy next door was simply a massively loud snorer.
I liked The Broome, but not sure I would stay there for more than a weekend.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to The Broome? Share your experiences!