“The Broome - Excellent Service in a Boutique Setting” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
BOOK DIRECT AND SAVE!
Ranked #9 of 452 hotels in New York City
Houston, Texas
“The Broome - Excellent Service in a Boutique Setting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

I stayed at the Broome last weekend during a trip to NYC with my girlfriend, during which I proposed to her. I called the Broome ahead of time and told them about my plan, and they were more than happy to accommodate requests I had in order to make the weekend special.

The room was great - it had a walkway overlooking their courtyard just outside it with a little table set up so that we could sit and talk while enjoying the outdoors. The bed was comfortable and the room very nice. The courtyard was cozy and pretty, and the walkways overlooking it were lined with flowers.

The staff went above and beyond to help make the weekend great. They set up framed pictures of my girlfriend and I (that I had mailed to them) in the room ahead of when we checked in, as well as printed off a picture for me mid trip and added it to the room. They also had great suggestions for places to eat/drink nearby (there were tons due to the great location in SoHo).

The rooms aren't cheap, but you definitely get what you pay for.

I would recommend the Broome to anyone!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

67 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
London,England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

The Broome has a very friendly, homely feel about it, so if that's what you are looking for then it's a good place to stay.
Pros
The free breakfast is excellent, the granola in particular was superb.
The staff are very helpful and friendly, don't expect formality or loads of staff (but it's a small hotel ), but I like that.
Location good, just off Broadway (but you can work that out yourself !)
Very comfortable beds and stylish decor
Free wifi
Very good bathroom products

Cons
Our room was small by NY standards, there was simply not enough hanging space for 2 people, I would say 18" of useable rail.
Gym:I had read there was an arrangement with NYSC, which is sort of true, I was given a "promotion" style free pass, which worked fine, but I could only use that once, after that it was $10 a time. Whether this is really a "con" or not, is up to you to decide, but the facts should be known.
I couldn't work out whether the walls were thin or the guy next door was simply a massively loud snorer.
I liked The Broome, but not sure I would stay there for more than a weekend.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014 via mobile

I've stayed at The Broome several times since it opened. Each time it gets better and better. It boasts the best location in soho, great service and sweet little rooms. I feel like I'm staying in my own little apt in soho! Treat yourself to the penthouse room me enjoy the rooftop deck!

• Stayed June 2014
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

Delightful new small boutique hotel on Broome street in So-Soho. Has the character of a family run, yet modern, European influenced inn. Rooms are spacious (for NYC) and very well appointed. Complimentary delightful continental breakfast and internet, friendly service, location are the highlights. For the gym lovers, free access to NYSClub (5 minutes away) is available. Still a few kinks (internet went down a lot, spurious fire alarms) to work out, but generally a definite winner. The only things I did not care for was the 11.00am check-out time with a $50 per additional hour charge, and the view (room 42) was not great.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Langhorne, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

I have stayed in quite a few hotels in NYC, but the Broome by far has made a great impression on me. The "feel at home" environment was very soothing. The staff was super friendly and made every attempt to make the stay even better. The rooms are roomy, the decor is great and the beds are so comfortable I didn't want to leave. This is a hotel I would surely recommend to others and have nothing but good to say about it. I will be back for sure!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Lambertville, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

I loved staying at this hotel - it's charming and beautiful and the service was wonderful! The rooms were clean and comfortable. I cannot wait to stay here again - it is truly one of the loveliest places to stay in the city.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

We just spent 3 nights at The Broome and it was great! Superb location and a lovely little haven in the midst of a shoppers paradise.
We stayed in a Junior Suite which was a great size. The staff were really helpful and friendly and the breakfast was just enough to set us on our way. Amazing granola and berries.
We would def return on a future visit to NYC and we sure hope that is soon!!

• Stayed June 2014

Been to The Broome? Share your experiences!