You added Homewood Suites by Hilton New York Midtown Manhattan Times Square South Ny to your Saves list
Homewood Suites by Hilton New York Midtown Manhattan Times Square South Ny
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   312 West 37th Street, New York City, NY 10018 (Garment District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Discover NYC!
Ranked #90 of 459 Hotels in New York City
Hatboro, PA
“Brand new....efficient design!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

There was a stove in my room!!! I'd never use it, but it was indicative of the efficient design of the room, which managed to have a fully stocked kitchen (and a table tucked under the desk to eat on). It was New York small, but everything I could think to want was available. One of the elevators was down the first night, but it was fixed the next morning. Housekeeping never made it to our room until we were taking a break around 5pm between our matinee show and our dinner, but we if we'd had an urgent need we would have called. Those are minor quibbles. The room was comfortable and really well designed, the breakfast was filling and delicious (and yes crowded but I've worked out a strategy for all hotels that offer breakfast involving getting breakfast for myself and my husband, on a tray and then getting out of there), we found a great dive bar next door, and a wonderful bodega over on 8th Avenue. I lived in New York for 16 years and I consider it my second home, and I think this location is great because it is away from the crowds but close to everything convenient. My husband and I are avid Hilton Honors members (though we never achieve anything above Silver) and so since we visit New York several times a year, we are very familiar with New York hotels in the Hilton family, and we are definitely adding this to the hotels we check first.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Karl B, Front Office Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton New York Midtown Manhattan Times Square South Ny, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
SShannon,

There is a stove in the rooms! All of the rooms are studio suites and that catches a lot of our guests by surprise because they are not expecting a kitchenette in their NYC hotel room. I am glad you had a comfortable stay with us and we are proud to be a second "home" for you in NYC.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Hebrew first
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

I agree with the other reviewers that the rooms are small and the elevators are bad. The biggest elevator issue I saw was that the staff does not have their own elevator and guests with luggage competing with staff with carts and cleaning baskets was not fun to watch. The free weights in the gym were on backorder. The breakfast and dinner service were hit and miss. The best part of the hotel and the reason I will be back is the kitchenette in each room and the availability of coin laundry machines in the hotel. For long term guests these are important. The staff was also hit and miss, but Guest Services Manager Jatin was definitely a hit and they need more like him.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Hi,

Thank you for staying with us! I am glad you enjoyed having a kitchenette in your room; it does make staying away from home more convenient, especially for long-term travelers. I have noticed that the elevators can sometimes get crowded. Our staff is very accomodating and will take your bags up to the room for you in order to reduce elevator wait time. We were proud to be your "home away from home" in NYC!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

The hotel was in a good, central location. Close, easy walk to time square, subway terminal entrances, Hell's Kitchen, and other shopping stores. The rooms were clean and services were nice.

What was not so nice, was the elevators, too slow and too small. The refrigerator was also noisy and it was difficult to maintain temperature. Rooms were good size for two or three people but too small for four.

Price was reasonable. We would consider staying here again.

Stayed July 2014
Dear Manny G,

I am glad you took advantage of our proximity to some of New York City's main attractions! Our generously-sized rooms are cleaned daily to give our guests a refreshed retreat after their daily New York City adventures. Thank you for your comments and we hope to see you soon!
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

Arrived 6 hours later than expected due to a storm in the city. The bellman greeted us immediately and the young man at the front desk was extremely accommodating. He offered
us much needed water and checked us in quickly. This was a terrific start to the stay; we thought. We still have two more nights here as part of our 7 night vacation. I asked the bellman about city tours and he immediately pulled a brochure out if his jacket pocket. I told him tripadvisor gave it bad reviews and he looked irritated. I asked about a different tour and he stopped answering my questions. It felt like he had a hidden agenda. We booked two suites; one for my husband and I and one for our daughters and their friend. This hotel had some pros and some cons, but the overall experience did not feel like a Hilton! My husband travels here on business, but will choose a different place to stay.

Pros:
1. Breakfast is included (not great choices, but nice to be able to grab and go)
2. Dinner is included, although it is a limited selection, still nice to have available (Monday-Thursday)
3. Good location (close to everything)
4. Housekeeping (a lot of reviews harshly critiqued them, but we had great service)
5. Coffee 24 hours
11. The man at the breakfast was helpful and pleasant
12. Front desk staff (specifically the daytime staff) was helpful
13. Lots of charging stations for phones, laptops, etc., in the lobby
14. Comfortable and plentiful seating in lobby

Cons:
1. Slow elevators (small & crowded) long wait times
2. Safe didn't work (fixed on second day)
3. Air conditioning broken (too cold or too hot)
4. Refrigerator was REALLY loud (had to sleep with headphones each night)
5. Doors slammed all Friday & Saturday nights (did not sleep either night)
6. The "quiet" sign is designed poorly and falls to the ground every time you open the door
7. Only one bathroom on the main floor, which by the way was filthy (I waited to use it and the bellman from the first night came out, when I entered, I realized he peed ALL over the seat and floor. (He should have been embarrassed!)
8. Showers are small and if you turn around too quickly you can hit elbow on handicap bar
9. Our kids' room view was good, but our room looked directly into offices
10. Grave shift staff were less than helpful (We took our kids to "Escape the Room" and arrived back about 1am on Monday morning. I walked my daughter and her friend to the hotel and watched them walk through the first door and turned around to go help my husband carry food from a vendor 1/2 block down. The girls intended to sit in the lobby if our hotel and wait. A few minutes later they came rushing into the restaurant and said the man turned them away, so they ran to where we were. Not realizing they needed a key to get through the second door, I was livid to learn, the hotel sent two girls,13 years old, back into the streets of NYC at 1am. When we entered the hotel, the same man who sent them away, held up a room key in a smug way and said you need a room key to enter. His rude demeanor enraged me and his flip attitude, blemished my entire experience at this hotel. My husband and I got the girls to their room and I returned and asked Charlie and John at the front desk for the man's name who sent these kids into the night. They claimed they did not know because he worked for an outside fire safety company. I would say they lied because the three me were involved in a friendly conversation before we entered the building. When I asked the man directly for his name, he cowardly covered it up and said he didn't have to give his name. Why would he hide his name if he had not done something wrong? I worked as a GM for a hotel, so I get people not letting non-guests into the facility after a certain time for safety, but no effort was made nor were the girls told they could wait inside the first doorway. Our kids are fairly naive and very innocent, they never would have questioned authority, so they left, SCARED! Perhaps, customer service training and common sense training are in order. Had your staff simply bothered to ask a simple question, these young girls would not have been sent into the streets! Even more appalling is the fact that your staff tried to justify their response by saying many times young kids try to come into the hotel and do bad things; how would they know, you've only been open a few weeks.)

Until the incident with our kids, I was willing to overlook all the cons we had experienced because this is a new hotel.
Now . . . I am just a disappointed, ex-Hilton patron! When you travel as much as we do, you expect minor bumps along the way, but this is the first time we felt like our children's safety has ever been jeopardized on a trip. As much money as we spent on our rooms, we expected more!!!

• Stayed July 2014
Karl B, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton New York Midtown Manhattan Times Square South Ny, responded to this review, August 8, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay regarding our security officer. We since addressed all of your concerns with the respective departments and staff.
I again would like to apologize for the inconvenience and do hope you choose to stay with us in the near future.
Albany, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Terrible check in and check out service! The room I reserved was not available. The rate charged was incorrect. The towel rack fell off the wall. The elevators were slow and crowded. the neighborhood was noisy and dirty. This hotel has some work to do.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Hi Russell F,

I am sorry you only noticed negative aspects of our hotel. We always appreciate comments, both positive and negative, in order for us to know what we do well, and what could use improvement.
Fair Oaks, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

Location is very easy walk to Times Square, staff is helpful! we loved Alen. beds are comfortable. Areas to fix are the dreadful elevators and caliber of breakfast. Breakfast is boring. The rooms are really small,and do not reflect my idea of a suite. Really tight quarters especially with a teenager. I am sorry to say that I would not choose this sight again.

Room Tip: If you have children above the age of 7-8. I cannot imagine cramming them into the room. We stayed o...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Hello Alen R,

Thank you for your review and we appreciate your feedback. We do offer a complimentary breakfast every morning so our guests can have ample energy for their exciting day in New York City. Although New York City rooms are known to be rather small, our hotel rooms are comparibly large. I am sorry we did not accomplish our goal of exceeding your expectations.
Princeton, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

We live close enough to NYC that we occasionally visit for a weekend. We stayed in this hotel for a weekend recently (Friday and Saturday night). The location is really great, within walking distance of loads of things which was perfect for us. Our bedroom was very nicely furnished and very clean. Spacious too for a New York hotel. The staff were mostly very friendly and helpful.

The main reason I wouldn't stay here again is because it felt overcrowded. Only two of the three elevators were working for most of our stay, so we had to wait a long time for one to show up. It probably doesn't help that there are displays telling you that an elevator on the way down is passing your floor by. Even when the third elevator started working again, there were still long waits for them at peak times.

By far the worst experience was the breakfast buffet. The layout of this space is horrible. It would work well if there were 5-6 people trying to get breakfast, but with tens of people thronging around a tiny space to get food it was unbearable. People shoving and pushing, no order to how to navigate the tiny space, people spilling food/drinks because people were pushing into them. It is a disaster. And the staff do their best to keep up, but it's impossible. Another terrible design decision was to have the door of the pantry open out directly into the space where people are trying to queue for cereal. Whoever designed this space did not think ahead to when people would actually be using it. There were plenty of table to sit and eat breakfast once you got through the crowds. Personally I would have preferred to see some of that space used for the buffet.

So if you don't plan to be in this hotel during peak times, or don't plan to have the breakfast and don't mind taking the stairs/waiting for elevators, then this hotel is probably great for you.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Karl B, Front Office Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton New York Midtown Manhattan Times Square South Ny, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Hi,

I am glad you enjoyed our nicely-sized NYC hotel rooms. Our location is ideal for a visitor coming to New York to be close to some of the attractions. I am sorry you felt that the hotel was overcrowded, but the summer months are frequently busy with visitors touring NYC. Our included breakfast is popular among our guests and can get crowded from time to time, but we do our best to accommodate everybody who would like to enjoy breakfast with us.

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton New York Midtown Manhattan Times Square South Ny? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Homewood Suites by Hilton New York Midtown Manhattan Times Square South Ny

Address: 312 West 37th Street, New York City, NY 10018
Location: United States > New York > New York City > Garment District , Manhattan
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly )
Ranked #90 of 459 Hotels in New York City
Hotel Class:3 star — Homewood Suites by Hilton New York Midtown Manhattan Times Square South Ny 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hilton Hotels, Travelocity, Venere, Priceline, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Homewood Suites by Hilton New York Midtown Manhattan Times Square South Ny reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Homewood Suites by Hilton New York Midtown Manhattan Times Square South Ny, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.