We stayed here for 11 nights. Stay was comfortable. As we used the hotel mainly as a base to explore Manhattan, we did not make much use of the hotel amenities. The hotel itself is clean and new, and the lobby is airy and modern.
• Location is good – it is at West 30th Street near 7th Avenue. Nearby are restaurants, fast food joints, cafes, mini-marts. The road tend to be quiet at night, but it is not a problem, as the New York Police (NYPD) is just across the hotel.
• If you are taking the airport bus, the boarding area is just 5 minutes walk away (along 7th Avenue near W 31st or 32nd).
• Penn Station and the Madison Square Garden subway is also 5 minutes walk away. Go to the basement, and there are loads of restaurants (TGIF, KFC, Subway, etc) and convenience store (Duane Reed) there.
• The hotel room itself – provides a comfortable stay. Everything is new and works. There’s a large 42-inch LCD TV, coffee maker, fridge, iron with board, hair dryer, etc. Room is not very big, but this is Manhanttan.
• The toilet is clean and bright. The shower is strong, though there is no bath tub.
• There is a fitness centre at the basement.
• Complimentary wifi is provided. Visitors can also use the complimentary wifi at the lobby.
• Next to the reception at the main lobby, there is a small area for you to buy drinks, munchies – there is even a microwave oven there to heat up food if you don’t feel like going out.
• Our rate did not come with breakfast, so I cannot comment on this.
• Really, there isn’t much problem staying here. The only con is that on a few days, the amenities like soap and shampoo were not replenished.
The rates we got is not exactly rock bottom, but I think reasonable given the location and state and service of the hotel.