“Great Choice For Visiting NYC” 4 of 5 stars

See NYE Party From Hotel
Ranked #169 of 459 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Omaha, Nebraska
“Great Choice For Visiting NYC”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

I stayed here one night on a business trip. I have previously stayed at the Residence Inn (located on the upper floors of the same building). In this case, the room was smaller, but similarly decorated. Despite the small room size, I was quite comfortable because of how well the room is designed and decorated. I was on the 26th floor and heard the occasional truck horn and outside noise, but it wasn’t so disruptive that I couldn’t sleep. This hotel has easy access to the Red, Blue and Orange subway lines. There are also several Zagat-rated restaurants within a block, making it a good place for foodies. As was the case with the Residence Inn, I recommend this property when visiting New York City. However, choose the Residence Inn if size and access to kitchen facilities are an important consideration (the Courtyard does have refrigerators in the rooms).

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Washington, DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

We usually stay downtown but found a pretty good deal on this hotel. The hotel and rooms themselves are very well done, modern and sleek. We arrived at around 6pm to check in but no rooms were available! We had to wait for another 1-2 hrs for a room to be ready, which I found ridiculous since check in is at 3pm. They did offer us free breakfast at Residence next door after we complained. Just a warning that the sheets and pillow covers here are super stiff! I'm not sure if it was the material or they were just extra starchy but every time you moved on the bed it was super loud with the rustling. So anytime someone in the room moved we'd basically all wake up a bit from the rustling. And the HVAC system needs some work. No matter what temp you put the room at the fan just kept blowing air, and it was rather loud.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

Everything was fantastic. Great location, great price, beautiful rooms and wonderful!!! Customer service! Paulina at the front desk was exceptionally helpful with accommodating an early check in for us when our flight was early. Would stay in again without question

• Stayed March 2014
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

just came back from staying 3 nights at the hotel. i read all the tripadvisor reviews that the rooms are tiny but didn't think much of it as i used to live in NYC where everything is much smaller but the rooms are REALLY REALY small. the "aisle" (if you can call it that) between the bed and where you place the luggage is SO small that you can only get through by positioning your body sideways (does that make any sense?). it's a room for two people but the space just simply cannot accommodate more than 1. If you have more than 1 person, would recommend paying for a more expensive room (I got the normal room for $229 per night).

there are lots of little issues (maybe new opening issues which may be fixed later on?) , for example when my car pick up came to pick me up, no one at the hotel told me about it which caused me to miss my pickup!?!?!?!??!?! the other thing i would mention is the safe deposit box is right on top of the refrigerator which means the safe is VERY warm. i had my laptop in there for 3 days and that's probably not very good for it.......when i requested a luggage rack they told me they didn't have one. when i called for toothpaste and a second call for more towels- the calls got routed to the check-in staff -which would mean they don't have a dedicated guest service staff like in most hotels. except for the first, these are not a big deal individually but together it just didn't feel like the best experience

all in all, i wanted to try the hotel as it's new but i probably wouldn't stay here again o my next trip.....

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

I grabbed this deal by bidding on Priceline for $115 a night Midtown West location for a 3 star hotel. I was very excited to stay in the brand new Courtyard, I fell in love with the very contemporary modern all glass high-rise with blue lights during construction and I wasn't disappointed at all after arrival.

THE GOOD
Location! Just a short walk to Times Square without staying right in the middle of the crazy busy touristy area itself. Also, very close to Columbia Circle and Hell's Kitchen. I actually use the E subway train a lot during my stay being the 52/7 Ave stop was a short two block away.
Amazing Rooms! Definitely larger than the average NYC hotel room and what a wow factor with the design which offered pops of vibrant orange throughout. Large shower that offered water temperature readout.
Professional Friendly Staff! Super friendly staff from the front desk to the housekeepers to the doorman/security.
Public Areas! Super new fully equipped gym located on 35th floor and a posh large bar sitting area that offered personal T.V.'s on the 4th floor.
Free Internet! Free and worked great on all devices!

THE BAD
Card Readers! I am sure this is not so bad to other travelers but for me it was a little annoying that I had to visit the lobby to allow food delivery or friends up who visited being we used my hotel as a meeting point. The elevator and front door have card reader security access.
Steal of a Deal! Being that I got a great price on the hotel via Priceline I am going to hope for the best when booking but geez I doubt I can get so lucky next time. I am spoiled and addicted to this hotel now!

I definitely recommend this hotel to other travelers to the NYC area and I will return to this hotel on my next NYC adventure. Try bidding on Priceline, you never know!

Room Tip: Arriving to JFK? Take the Airtrain to Jamaica Station then take the LIRR to Penn Station, and the E...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

More details below, but the reason this has to be one of the best place for kids is the Bistro, a casual bar restaurant which takes up most of the 4th floor. Elevators are key access, so it's guests only. A large sunny space with couches, tables, chairs, four computers, tvs, and full bar, Limited menu food including children's menu. The thing is, on March 14, 15, 16, day or evening, it was so open with just a few guests that little kids could run around safely (my opinion) without causing problems, while adults drank and snacked.

Our room was 1815. Space was 30x13, includes bathroom. Sort of cruise ship size. Two double beds with good linens. Bath was compact, brightly lit. Water saver toilet didn't "clean" well. New hotel, buit from ground up started in 2009, probably stalled in the recession. Opened in Jan, I think. Great price. For us 209 for double, king would have been 179. Fine location at 54th and Broadway. Lobby has no place to sit, but we were able to check in at 11:30. We are Gold but I don't think room was an upgrade. Safe, coffee and fridge are standard. V pleasant staff, of course. It's a Marriott.

Room Tip: higher floors = better views
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
South Hadley, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

Loved this hotel. It's a Courtyard/Residence Inn combo, and I stayed in two different rooms on the Courtyard floors - regular room one week and an executive suite the next. The rooms have a very European feel, from the dual flush toilets to the key holder by the door where you have to insert your key in order to enable the electricity for the room. I had a stellar view both weeks I stayed here. Rooms are beautifully appointed. Great customer service. Excellent location. Especially loved the lighting in the bathroom - I meant to make a note of the type of fluorescent bulbs they were using - which I took to calling "self-esteem lighting" - so I could get them for our bathroom at home, but unfortunately I forgot. Seriously, looking in the bathroom mirror was like being a well-lit actor in a movie. Walking back to the hotel each evening, I could see my exhausted face/eyes reflecting back at me from every random surface I passed (4 weeks straight on the road will do that), but when I walked into that bathroom, I looked totally fine. Best lighting ever.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Been to Courtyard New York Manhattan/Central Park? Share your experiences!