“I Heart This All Glass High-Rise Hotel; XOXO” 5 of 5 stars

Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #170 of 464 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“I Heart This All Glass High-Rise Hotel; XOXO”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

I grabbed this deal by bidding on Priceline for $115 a night Midtown West location for a 3 star hotel. I was very excited to stay in the brand new Courtyard, I fell in love with the very contemporary modern all glass high-rise with blue lights during construction and I wasn't disappointed at all after arrival.

THE GOOD
Location! Just a short walk to Times Square without staying right in the middle of the crazy busy touristy area itself. Also, very close to Columbia Circle and Hell's Kitchen. I actually use the E subway train a lot during my stay being the 52/7 Ave stop was a short two block away.
Amazing Rooms! Definitely larger than the average NYC hotel room and what a wow factor with the design which offered pops of vibrant orange throughout. Large shower that offered water temperature readout.
Professional Friendly Staff! Super friendly staff from the front desk to the housekeepers to the doorman/security.
Public Areas! Super new fully equipped gym located on 35th floor and a posh large bar sitting area that offered personal T.V.'s on the 4th floor.
Free Internet! Free and worked great on all devices!

THE BAD
Card Readers! I am sure this is not so bad to other travelers but for me it was a little annoying that I had to visit the lobby to allow food delivery or friends up who visited being we used my hotel as a meeting point. The elevator and front door have card reader security access.
Steal of a Deal! Being that I got a great price on the hotel via Priceline I am going to hope for the best when booking but geez I doubt I can get so lucky next time. I am spoiled and addicted to this hotel now!

I definitely recommend this hotel to other travelers to the NYC area and I will return to this hotel on my next NYC adventure. Try bidding on Priceline, you never know!

Room Tip: Arriving to JFK? Take the Airtrain to Jamaica Station then take the LIRR to Penn Station, and the E...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

More details below, but the reason this has to be one of the best place for kids is the Bistro, a casual bar restaurant which takes up most of the 4th floor. Elevators are key access, so it's guests only. A large sunny space with couches, tables, chairs, four computers, tvs, and full bar, Limited menu food including children's menu. The thing is, on March 14, 15, 16, day or evening, it was so open with just a few guests that little kids could run around safely (my opinion) without causing problems, while adults drank and snacked.

Our room was 1815. Space was 30x13, includes bathroom. Sort of cruise ship size. Two double beds with good linens. Bath was compact, brightly lit. Water saver toilet didn't "clean" well. New hotel, buit from ground up started in 2009, probably stalled in the recession. Opened in Jan, I think. Great price. For us 209 for double, king would have been 179. Fine location at 54th and Broadway. Lobby has no place to sit, but we were able to check in at 11:30. We are Gold but I don't think room was an upgrade. Safe, coffee and fridge are standard. V pleasant staff, of course. It's a Marriott.

Room Tip: higher floors = better views
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
South Hadley, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

Loved this hotel. It's a Courtyard/Residence Inn combo, and I stayed in two different rooms on the Courtyard floors - regular room one week and an executive suite the next. The rooms have a very European feel, from the dual flush toilets to the key holder by the door where you have to insert your key in order to enable the electricity for the room. I had a stellar view both weeks I stayed here. Rooms are beautifully appointed. Great customer service. Excellent location. Especially loved the lighting in the bathroom - I meant to make a note of the type of fluorescent bulbs they were using - which I took to calling "self-esteem lighting" - so I could get them for our bathroom at home, but unfortunately I forgot. Seriously, looking in the bathroom mirror was like being a well-lit actor in a movie. Walking back to the hotel each evening, I could see my exhausted face/eyes reflecting back at me from every random surface I passed (4 weeks straight on the road will do that), but when I walked into that bathroom, I looked totally fine. Best lighting ever.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Kent, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

Our family spent five nights in this hotel. We had three separate rooms, and each one was lovely. The staff could not have been more polite, friendly, or professional. We were able to walk to Broadway shows, museums, and very good restaurants. We were also able to walk about two blocks to get on the TCM classic movies tour, which was a lot of fun. My sister had very bad memories of her previous visit to NYC, and now, she can hardly wait to return. We will definitely stay at this hotel again because we want her to love NYC as much as we do.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Harborton, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

After years of Holiday Inns near Manhattan, we were glad do try the new Marriot on 54th street. WOW! Very Modern, very customer oriented, nice bistro to relax and Location/Location/Location. This newly opened hotel is really trying to make a good first impression and they sure did during our visit in February. This may be our new "base of operations" as we visit our kids & the grandkids on 57th street.

Room Tip: Suites beat standard rooms
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

My husband and I booked a room on the 17th floor at the Courtyard inn. The Courtyard floors are on the lower half of the hotel, up to floor 19. We planned to attend a Valentines day comedy show at Caroline's on Broadway which turned out to be about 4 blocks away. Upon check in the hotel staff greeted us after a short wait. The lady who checked us in was very warm and pleasant and gave us a good first impression of the hotel. The decor was modern and a little cold and the lighting was dim. The friendly staff counteracted the feeling you get from the atmosphere. The room was very nice with a nice view of the city. Being on the higher floor allowed us to just lay in the bed and look at the skyline. The bathroom was a little dirty with what looked like makeup on the light switch, nothing too drastic. There was a nice stand up shower with clear glass doors and bath and body works amenities. The bed was very comfortable and everything smelled very new. There's on street parking metered parking for 6 hrs. On Fri night you can park free (right in front if available)because the meter doesn't start until 8am. Overall this was a very nice comfortable and convenient hotel. We definitely would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014
Muscle Shoals, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

Stayed at this location for 4 nights in February. Yes, the room was a little small, but who wants to stay in their hotel room in NYC? Everyone at the hotel was so friendly and helpful. Rooms were very pleasing to the eye and loved having the Keurig coffee maker. Good location and it was easy to get a cab. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Courtyard New York Manhattan/Central Park? Share your experiences!