“Welcome addition” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Washington, DC
“Welcome addition”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

This hotel still has a new-pin quality. Just opened, sparkling new rooms, well-furnished, comfortable, senior reception staff taking time to train up newbies. Lounge under development at the time of our visit, but large and bright. This is the tallest hotel in North America. The Residence Inn occupies the upper floors. We enjoyed a smart corner room with a view down towards Times Square, yet you are away from the bustle and handy for Central Park. Luxurious feel to bathroom, with a floor-to-ceiling window and an exact, accurate, temperature gauge for the shower. We enjoyed a very comfortable stay and will happily recommend.

Room Tip: Higher floors for a better view.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
NYC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

I reserved this hotel via the Marriott Web site and had 2 reservations as i had to come into the city earlier then planned.
The front desk could not link my two reservations so I had to checkout and check back in this morning. In addition the breakfast was a joke. Limited selections, out of some items, coffee was horrible basicly coffee flavored hot water.
on the positive side great views and super clean. Staff is very friendly but very new to Marriott.
it didnt appear that there was any senior staff or management working when i checked in either time...
I will give then another try in a couple of months

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Mass
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

We enjoyed 2 nights at the this new Courtyard hotel. It is much trendier than your traditional Courtyard with all the business amenities you would expect to find (Pro). We had 2 rooms (doubles) so we must have been limited to location/view because one of them looked directly at a building with another inches to the right (con). The other had the same view but a much larger window that let in more light. I imagine other rooms have better views. The rooms, as expected, are small, but Courtyard uses the space very wisely. The décor and color was fun.

After the first night, every single one of us (5) commented on something I had never experienced....loud sheets. Every time you rolled over in bed, the sheets made the loudest sound. It was the running joke of the weekend that we were all scared to move because we thought we would wake everyone else up. The beds were comfortable but it was hard to sleep. That being said, the rooms were very quiet, you could not hear neighbors or traffic - which I actually think made the sheet thing even worse.

Another quirky thing that concerned me about the room was that when you opened the closet door, it would swing the safety latch on the room door to be latched. I was going to be out later than my husband one night and I didn't want him to accidentally lock me out so that I would have to pound on the door for him to wake up and let me in. Just one of the rooms had this setup (and of course the closet door already had a scrape along the path of the metal latch.)

The location is GREAT! The staff was so so so friendly and helpful (front desk, and staff throughout the hotel). The Concierge (Jacob I think?) was so helpful and sweet to my daughter. The lounge/lobby on the 4th floor is wonderful.

I recommend it (hopefully a few more times through the laundry will fix the sheet thing)

Room Tip: Maybe avoid the '15 rooms. 1615 had really no view, smaller window and was dark. I assume thos...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

Great new hotel! The staff was very friendly and eager to help. The room amenities are top-notch and I especially liked the shower dial with the exact degree readings. My room had a spectacular view of Times Square (31st floor) and was spacious by New York standards. The gym had all the bells & whistles including a panoramic view of the city. I would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor room. If you are on the courtyard portion, I would go with the Times Square...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
San Ramon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel. I stayed on the Courtyard side (the lower 35 floors). I tipped a little at the front desk at registration, and got a wonderful room on the 33rd floor (room 3306) facing time square. Of course, very new amenities. Very nice and commonsensical. Love everything that is designed for the traveler, from the nice showerhead to the sink with a spout that points out toward the user. The lobby is a little modest. But the real keeper in common area is the 4th floor, with is spacious and well-appointed.

Room Tip: Best rooms are facing times square. Duh! The 4th floor dining area is very comfortable.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Titusville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

My wife and I checked into this Courtyard located at 1717 Broadway (7th and 54th) which was 4 blocks from Central Park and about 7 blocks from Times Square. It is a perfect location to everything as the closest metro is just a block away. The rooms are a little small but we did not spend hardly any time in the room. The hotel staff is friendly and they put us on the 22nd floor with a fantastic city view. The bar/bistro and business center are located on the 4th floor and it is huge. They have a state of the art fitness center also.

Room Tip: Take the metro to Wo Hops Restaurant (17 Mott Streent in the basement) for the best Chinese food. As...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Alpharetta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

I checked into to the Residence Inn portion of this property during the opening week. There were a few hiccups (which I expected for a new hotel) but every issue was handled promptly and very professionally. I travel for business almost year round and this is by far the finest group of personnel I have encountered at a hotel. They never fail to greet you and usually address you by name. They have a commitment to pleasing their guests and I truly appreciate that mind set. The room was a refreshing break from the usual RI design. I love the view provided by the floor to ceiling windows. There is a nice selection of TV channels. The third and fourth floors offer beautiful and comfortable areas to watch TV, eat a meal, surf the net, enjoy a cocktail or visit with other guests. The location is close to everything and the subway station is only a block away. There are washers and dryers on the same floor (35th) as the gym and the view makes my treadmill time bearable.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Been to Courtyard New York Manhattan/Central Park? Share your experiences!