“Ideal location for MSG events and great value for quality of services received.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn Madison Square Garden

You added Hampton Inn Madison Square Garden to your Saves list
Hampton Inn Madison Square Garden
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   116 West 31st Street, New York City, NY 10001 (Chelsea)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #155 of 464 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersBronze level
lynbrook
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

This hotel is within walking distance of MSG, Penn Station and Broadway. My room was very clean and comfortable and although compact, it had all the necessities. The staff was helpful and courteous. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Hunter G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Madison Square Garden, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope you chhose to stay with us when your return to New York.

Hunter Angus D. Glass

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

The rooms were spacious and clean. The staff were friendly and very helpful with sightseeing plans and directions. The location is not far from Times Square or Penn Station and whole host of restaurants.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Hunter G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Madison Square Garden, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to write this review of your stay, and I hope that you will choose to stay with us in the future.

Asheville, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

I always have to remind myself that NYC hotel rooms are small, I felt cramped by myself I would not want to share the room. The closet is quite small.

That said the rooms are clean, beds comfortable, elevators are pretty fast. Bathroom is large enough. Breakfast is ok and at least they vary a little bit. Front staff is friendly. About a 20 minute taxi from LaGuardia airport ($40) if no traffic, (5:30am). Ten minute walk to Madison Square Garden. Easy stroll to many attractions and restaurants.

At $159 per night I consider great value for location even if I could slightly hear the people in the next room but not too bad.

Room Tip: My room had no view except the office building across the street. Might be worthwhile to ask if this...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Hunter G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Madison Square Garden, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing this review. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I hope that you will choose to stay with us again when you return to New York.

Newton, Ma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

First time staying at this Hampton Inn, however I had stayed at the sister hotel in Chelsea. It is just a block or so from Penn station which made it easy for me with a small roller bag. Rooms are compact, however it had every thing I needed. A safe, hairdryer, marble floor in bathroom, plenty of plugs for charging items. I had a room with two beds. I was alone. It may be tight for a family of four. There was no tub just a shower which was perfect for me. No drawer space and one small free standing closet. Small lobby, clean and looked well designed.
Desk staff could not have been nice. I returned late and had not had dinner. There was a NY style restaurant/take out place with lot's of great options. I did not try the breakfast, however I am sure it is just like other hamptons. WIFI worked great. Highly recommend staying here.

Room Tip: I was in room 1105. It faced the front of the building. One window.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this wonderful review of your stay at our hotel. I am so pleased to hear how much you enjoyed being here. I hope that you will choose to stay with us again when your plans bring you back to New York City.

Nantes, France
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

This hotel is very well located. It is 5 minutes walk from Penn Station, 15 minutes walk from Times Square, 5 minutes walk from Korea Town, 10 minutes to Broadway and many more. The price that I have got for this hotel is reasonable too. Not too mention that we got free breakfast (not a fancy one, but the breakfast has a good variety and fulfilling) and free WI-FI.
However, the building and the utilities inside were rather old and the room was a bit small. I will still recommend it though, especially if you want to cover a lot in NYC. You will not be wasting time to walk.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Hunter G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Madison Square Garden, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope that you choose to stay with us when you return to New York.

Southeastern,Pa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

I usually stay in Jersey when I go to NYC because I am priced out of Manhattan for an overnight jaunt. Due to a special the Hampton was having, it cost the same to stay in Secaucus as it did at this property so I jumped on it. I can't say enough about the front desk people. They were courteous, super friendly and very accomodating. The hotel is small compared to suburban properties, but they make the most of every inch which was impeccably clean and well laid out. There was plenty of seating in the breakfast room. The breakfast choices were fresh and plentiful. The room was small but managed to fit two very comfy double beds. The decor was modern and clean looking. The only disappointment was that there is only a shower stall and no bath, but that would not keep me from returning. We had a city view room which is just what it says. It provided a lovely view of the city. Couldn't be more perfectly situated- just a couple of blocks from Penn Station and Madison Square Garden. We were able to store our bags since we got there early and promptly hit the bricks to the subway. Would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: ask for city view
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am very pleased that you liked our location. Many people tell me that they love being in the heart of New York and that getting anywhere in New York is so easy with the subways so close. I hope you choose to stay with us when your return to New York.

ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

I cannot compliment this hotel enough. It is very understated. With the price being paid you expect a lot less than you get. The Staff were super helpful and friendly. Rooms were super clean. yes, the rooms are small, but so are most of NY hotels. We still managed to store our 6 suitcases and shopping. Breakfast, Wifi, Safe...couldn't ask for more.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Hunter G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Madison Square Garden, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing this very nice review of your stay in our hotel. I love hearing how much our guests enjoy staying with us.

Thank you for making my day!

Hunter Angus D. Glass

Been to Hampton Inn Madison Square Garden? Share your experiences!