“outstanding stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #74 of 452 hotels in New York City
pennsylvania
“outstanding stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

We recently returned from a 2 night stay at the Westhouse and I can say it was the best hotel we have stayed at in nyc. We have been coming to new York for many years and have never experienced such attention to detail and hospitality as we had at the Westhouse. The staff was exceptional and the hotel was perfection. The cleanliness and the amenities were all 5 star. I cannot wait to return and stay longer.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Karla K, General Manager at WestHouse Hotel New York, responded to this review, March 30, 2014
Akira3, it is humbling as much as it is inspiring to receive such warm accolades for our attentive team members and the service they provide! I am so thrilled to hear that you enjoyed all of the wonderful amenities offered here at WestHouse, and that you found our overall cleanliness to be of a superior standard. We are so thankful that you chose WestHouse as your house way from home for this visit to New York City, and we too cannot wait for your return visit!

217 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Winter Park, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

This new property is absolutely beautiful! Great location, central to everything in the city. There was not a single staff member that did not go above and beyond to assist us during our stay. We were always greeted with a smile and a request if they could be of assistance. The front desk manager remembered me by name when I misplaced my key and the staff from housekeeping (ordering additional towels) to engineering (when our room was too hot) were delightful and discreet. The hotel has a very plush, sexy and yet comfortable vibe. I love the den with the all day snacks and cocktails and the size of the lobby is just right compared to the larger overbearing lobbies you see at the typical NY hotel. The in-room tablet was a fun and cool surprise although I would have liked to have been able to find more information or offerings about the hotel, city, etc. on it. It would be nice to see pictures too but I realize hotel is new. The bathrooms are small but they made good use of the space as most bathrooms are small in NY. Overall this is a wonderful hotel and I will definitely stay here everytime I return to NY.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Karla K, General Manager at WestHouse Hotel New York, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
J F, thank you for your comprehensive review of your recent stay with us! It is always so rewarding when are our team members are acknowledged for making our guests feel welcome and at home. I am so thrilled that the team were attentive to your needs and requests; always greeting you with an inviting smile and recognizing you by name.

I am equally delighted to hear that you found our Lobby & Den to be a cozy retreat after a long day exploring the city. Thank you for also sharing your feedback regarding areas where our services can be refined, namely the inclusion of additional information on the In-Room Intelity Tablets. We will certainly apply this valued feedback to help enhance our product. We are most humbled by your loyalty, and look forward to welcoming you back home in the near future!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

Immaculate rooms, excellent service. This hotel is a gem. We found this hotel by accident and I am so glad I did. The service was great...I especially like the happy hour wine and the free breakfast in the morning. For the price...not sure there is a better choice in the area.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Gregg K, we were so fortunate that you stumbled upon our hotel, and afforded us the opportunity to provide you with an exceptional level of service! I am so thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our Hours of Indulgence as well as our Breakfast Presentation. Thank you for your warm feedback regarding the value you found in our room product and services. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

In short - I had a business meeting the morning of a major snow storm in New York. I chose Westhouse, because of the proximity of its location to my meeting. I had also heard that it was brand new hotel and wanted to try it out. I have to say it was a great decision. The staff made me feel right at home. They welcomed me and addressed me by name (anticipating my arrival). It was rather late in the evening and I wanted to get some rest. So the bellman escorted me to my room. He gave me a guided tour of the room and offered me some herbal teas to unwind, knowing that I had a meeting in the morning. He also asked me if I wanted any coffee or pastries, brought up to my room upon wake up to get my day going... I really felt like I was an invited guest in a friends home. The bed was plushy and decor was classy. WestHouse is now my go to hotel in New York. I would definitely recommend WestHouse to all of my associates, friends and family.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
FactOne, thank you for your exceptionally detailed review! I am so pleased to hear that you found great convenience in our location and its proximity to your meetings. We are thankful that you provided us with the opportunity to deliver a truly superior level of service during your visit to the city. What is most rewarding about your review is your comments about the dedication and commitment shown by our team members to truly go above and beyond, anticipating your needs and exceeding your expectations. We place great focus on guest name usage, as this personalizes interactions, and as you so eloquently described, makes our guests feel at home. We are so humbled to have secured your loyalty and most thankful for your recommendation to your family, friends, and associates. We look forward to welcoming you back home very soon!

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

I visited New York for a week on vacation and my stay at
WestHouse Hotel was great, couldn't have been happier with my choice. I would & will stay here again. Apart from the great location which is within walking distance to times square or central park, the staff were professional, warm and welcoming. Large rooms, the room was very comfortable and larger than we were expecting and the downstairs lounge was a great place to catch our breath over a coffee, wine or beer before setting out again or to finish the evening. It isn't my first time as visitor in New York so I can tell you the hotel staff at the West House Hotel is the best I've ever experienced in New York. Just wonderful!

Room Tip: just explain you kind of travel and they will get you the better choice
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
nycfeelings, it was a pleasure to host you on this visit to New York City! I am so pleased to hear that our location provided a convenient home base for you while exploring the city. Thank you for your warm remarks regarding our team, room product, and Food & Beverage offerings. We are most thankful for your affirmation of our team as the best you have ever experienced in your travels to New York City! Thank you for your glowing recommendation, we look forward to welcoming you back home in the near future!

Stockholm, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

Our family only had 24 hours at this lovely hotel on our visit in NY on our way back to Stockholm Sweden from a magic vaccation at Turks and Caicos! Our last day of vaccation could not have been better. Perfect service from the first to the last minute at Westhouse.
Afternoon tea was very cosy.
We had 2 rooms for 5 people, if you are a family The Two Queen room are perfect for 4 to share.
Location perfect, close to everything you need in NY.
The hotel is new and still have some things that needs to be fixed but the people working in the reception and the manager do all they can to help you if anything is missing.
We will stay at WestHouse again.

Room Tip: Two Queen room 9 th floor had stunning view
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Karla K, General Manager at WestHouse Hotel New York, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Thank you for your kind words and fantastic review! It was a pleasure to host you and your family on your very brief visit to the city. We are delighted to hear that your stay with us made for the perfect end to your vacation. At WestHouse we seek to provide service excellence that is unparalleled, and I am delighted to hear that we delivered on this promise. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our Afternoon Tea in addition to the comfort of our rooms. Thank you for highlighting the minor lapse in the delivery of service you experienced and the attentiveness of the Front Office Team in addressing these matters during your stay. We are most thankful for your commitment to return to WestHouse, and we look forward to welcoming you back home in the new future!

Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

The Den is a great place to get work done and enjoy treats and beverages. Feels very homey. The rooms are really nice, especially the tablets with alarm clocks and hotel information. The staff was amazingly responsive and warm. I highly recommend this property.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Karla K, General Manager at WestHouse Hotel New York, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
jfaehayes, I am so thrilled to hear of your admiration of our hotel! Thank you for your pleasant comments about our Den and room product. I am also pleased to hear that you made great use of our In-Room Intelity Tablets. We are humbled by your comments about our team, and most grateful for your wonderful recommendation. Thank you again for choosing WestHouse as your house away from home. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Karla Keskin

Been to WestHouse Hotel New York? Share your experiences!