“The best hotel I have stayed in, ever!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
Book Now & Save!
Ranked #118 of 458 Hotels in New York City
Detroit, Michigan
“The best hotel I have stayed in, ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014 via mobile

I travelled for a girl's weekend to NYC and chose this hotel because of the location, amenities and appearance. Between the three of us we have collectively travelled around the world and all agreed we felt the most comfortable at this hotel. The staff is warm and welcoming and genuine and engaging and helpful....I could go on! The $30 a day charge was well worth the addition, we enjoyed our time sitting and relaxing between excursions in the city. The room was extremely comfortably and roomier and more accommodating than others within the city, by far. This hotel has gone to great lengths to provide comfort and hospitality at their address; there is a unique scent that was created for the hotel that welcomes you in the lobby. Absolutely to die for scent! Well worth the money and convenience!!! I have referred two friends to stay there during their trip early summer.
I already look forward to the next reason to return to NYC and WestHouse.

• Stayed February 2014
Karla K, General Manager at WestHouse Hotel New York, responded to this review, March 15, 2014
Showey27, to receive such fabulous comments about service and product from a world travel like yourself is both humbling and rewarding! We are touched by your words about our team. Thank you for highlighting the genuine, engaging, and helpful manner in which we provided you service during your stay. We are equally pleased to hear of your enjoyment of the Resident Fee privileges, as this minimal charge provides great value for a wonderful selection of exclusive amenities and services.

We are also thankful for your detailed comments about our room product and the custom scent by 12.29 featured throughout the hotel, known as "Guests Only". It's sophisticated warm spices, elegant deep smoky woods, and hints of subtle tobacco and sexy amber resins truly make for an inviting experience. We are currently developing drawer liners that will be scented with "Guest Only", so that residents will be able to take a piece of WestHouse home with them. Thank you for your recommendation, we too look forward to your return visit!

Karla Keskin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Garden City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014 via mobile

This past weekend had a very pleasant stay at the new Westhouse Hotel. Beautifully decorated lobby , lounge and rooms with marble bathrooms and free amenities, including continental breakfast, snacks in room and drinks in lobby lounge. The staff was extremely friendly and offered to upgrade my room without increase or hassle. I had theater tickets to Broadway show and found the location on 55th street both convenient to the Theater District and also relatively quiet for a NYC hotel. Would highly recommend the Westhouse. The only negative is that the rooms and bathroom, while beautifully appointed, are on the small side.

• Stayed March 2014
Duvy66, thank you for your valued feedback and candid review! I am so pleased to read your comments regarding the exceptional service provided by our team during your visit as well as your delight in our tasteful design and food & beverage offerings. It is so rewarding to hear that our team exceeded your expectations in providing you with a room upgrade to one of our beautifully appointed WestHouse Luxe King rooms.

I am sorry to hear that you found your particular accommodation to be on the small side, and I’d be happy to personally assist you with some of our larger accommodations for your next visit. Please feel free to contact me at kkeskin@westhousehotelnewyork.com. We are appreciative of your kind recommendation and look forward to welcoming you back home in the near future!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

My wife stayed for one night at the WestHouse Hotel. She liked the amenities (breakfast, internet, snacks) offered. The staff at the hotel were very nice and friendly, too. She reserved the Queen size bed room and the room's view from the window was of a wall and the room was across from the elevators. However, this would not stop my wife from staying at the WestHouse Hotel again.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
LBpsu83, thank you for reviewing your wife's experience at WestHouse Hotel New York. I am pleased to hear that she enjoyed our food & beverage offerings provided under the Resident Fee. Thank you also for your kind words about our team. I understand that your wife reserved one of our WestHouse King Rooms which does offer a courtyard view. I am sorry to hear of the discomforts she experienced due to the limited view and location of the room, and I would be happy to personally assist her with reserving one of our more superior accommodations on her next visit to the city. Please feel free to contact me at kkeskin@westhousehotelnewyork.com. We are thankful for her commitment to our property and look forward to welcoming her back in the near future!

Copenhagen Denmark
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 6 nights in February 2014. We are a family of two adults and one teenage daughter.
We had originally booked a one bedroom suite for 3 nights, but we extended the stay and thus stayed for 3 nights more in a double-double room.

Check-in
was very pleasant and efficient. The staff are all (apart from one very grumpy bartender) very, very nice, warm and will do everything in order to make your stay comfortable.

Room
We started out in the double-double. We had made a request for a room with a view and were pleasantly surprised with a lovely city view.
The room was nicely decorated - the style of this hotel is cosy, club-like and masculine, and the room was following his theme.
Two very comfortable queen beds, a desk, a chair, a small closet, a drawer, a small bathroom (shower only).

IN my original reservation for the one bedroom suite I had specifically asked for a room with a view. This is of high importance to us. The very helpful Director of Revenue and Distribution Mr Raymond Tang had promised to block out a suite for us with a city view. Imagine our disappointment when we entered a (however beautiful) suite with a view... to a brick wall. Not kidding - no view at all. Both rooms in the suite had a view to an air shaft and no views whatsoever - you could not see anything but a few windows belonging to other rooms and brown bricks. Luckily, I had a print of my correspondance with Mr Tang and Kyle from reception sorted out the situation within minutes. Thanks, you did a great job! We went to the bar and half an hour later we moved into a suite with a stunning view of the city.
Big bedroom with king bed and a living room with a sofa bed. Lots of storage space and a bathroom a little bigger than the one in the double/double room. We really enjoyed waking up to views of the iconic NYC cityscape and by night it was truly breathtaking. Sofa bed was equally comfortable.

Cleaning was okay and so was turndown service.

We were staying at the hotel to celebrate our daugher’s 13th birthday, and though the staff got the day wrong it was a super nice touch to give her a beautiful cake and a birthday song.

There’s a mandatory fee of USD 30 per adult, covering breakfast, snacks and drinks in the Den now, and at the Terrasse later this year.
Even though the in-room tablet had a “menu” with promises of a breakfast consisting of a lot of different items the offered breakfast was a choice between yoghurt with granola and honey (pre-made) and pastries. The only thing not entirely sweet was croissants, but we all know that they’re similar to a cake, and you had to come by breakfast before 9am if you wanted some.
We went out for breakfast on some days - I do have a sweet tooth but this was too much.
I must admit that I was a bit confused and disappointed about this - I could understand if they were not able to offer a bigger breakfast until the Terrasse opens later this year, but it did say on the internet that the full breakfast was also offered in the Den and there were no explanations of why it wasn’t. However, it was very nice to have tea, coffee, cake and wine during the afternoon and nights (bar closes at 10pm) and I would happily pay the resident fee again for this. I just think it is a bad idea to announce something that is not available yet.
The concierge was always at your service - we did all planning ourselves and thus did not ask for any help, so cannot comment on this matter.
Did not manage to find the fitness room - but did not ask, so this is entirely our fault.

Location: I truly am a downtown or Brooklyn fan but the location of this hotel won me over, it is awesome. Just a few blocks to Central Park and the subway is literally right outside the door.

Overall conclusion: The ambience of this hotel is warm and cozy, like a private club, and the staff is absolutely amazing. Would I return? Definitely, but ONLY with a promise of a room with a view. The room facing the air shaft was honestly the most depressing room - despite the interior and the size, which was stunning - that I have ever stayed in. I maybe sensitive to this, but I do need air and light to feel comfortable, so if this is not important to you you can just ignore this. I feel that I should mention that there was a loud humming sound from the air shaft that was very dominant in this room (again, I am sensitive to this - I don’t mind traffic noise but air conditioning sounds drive me crazy). I would not stay here again if there was any chance of me staying in a “courtyard” facing room, as they are called on the hotel website.
The view from the two other rooms were however fullfilling all our dreams of a New York City view.

Based on the service, the ambience and the interiors as well as some very nice amenities I give it a 4. If the breakfast had been better I would not hesitate to give it 5. I will have to come back again to try it out once the Terrasse is open!

Room Tip: insist on a room with a view!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
katrineCPH, thank you for your detailed review! It was a pleasure to host you and your family on this visit to New York City. Thank you for highlighting the positive elements of your stay, including our pleasant and efficient team, comfortable bedding, Interior decor, and ambiance. Thank you for also sharing the inviting moment provided to your daughter for her 13th Birthday with a cake and birthday song.

I wish to renew the apologies extended on property for the error in allocations your room assignment. We strive to provide our guests with service excellence that is unparalleled, seamless, and unobtrusive. I am very sorry that we were unable to fully deliver on this promise. I do however thank you for highlighting our Front Desk Host Kyle and the immediate action he took to resolve this discrepancy. I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed the iconic views of the New York cityscape from your new room.

Thank you for your thorough review of our Resident Fee. We value your feedback, as your sentiments truly help us to refine our product and services. As highlighted in your review, we are currently awaiting the completion of our Terrace located on the 23rd Floor. This outlet will be the main dining area for all of our food & beverage offerings. Due to previous limitations with our preparation facilities, some of our offerings have not been available. We have however listened to our guests and used their feedback to revisit our food & beverage operation. I am pleased to report to you that beginning on March 17th, we will begin to provide a more extensive Breakfast Presentation. While we regret the modest food & beverage offerings offered during your visit, we are thankful for your feedback which has helped us to improve our product.

We are appreciative of your commitment to WestHouse and delighted to know that you will be returning to experience the Terrace once it is open. I will be more than happy to personally assist you with your future reservation. Please feel free to contact me at kkeskin@westhousehotelnewyork.com. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

Lovely hotel with great members of staff. From bellmen, front desk to concierge everybody was truly welcoming. Especially the housekeeping team! After turned down service, i even felt bad jumping on to the king size bed because the sheets were tucked into perfection. Whenever I felt I needed more towels or their signature custom Dayna Decker shampoo/conditioner/bodywash, they were always already stocked even without mentioning it to the staff.
Also, I would like to thank the WesHouse attache staffs (all three of them! Kareem, Tiffany & Jordan) for accommodating me with such seemingly impossible task like getting tickets to "Book of Mormon." Wow. I have never experienced this type of service that went above and beyond. very impressed and grateful.

Lastly, I would like to add there is $30 "resident fee" that includes array of amazing amenities such as breakfast/afternoon tea/snacks/nespresso cappuccinos, wine & champagne with cheese. I would come back for sure and would love to recommend WestHouse hotel to anyone is considering.

Room Tip: WestHouse King luxe that faces downtown south.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
lcpstar, on behalf of Kareem, Tiffaney, Jordan, and the entire WestHouse team, I would like to thank you for your fantastic review! We strive to provide an environment and experience for all of our guests that is sophisticated, inviting, and privileged. Thank you for so eloquently highlighting the superior service provided to you by our Housekeeping Team. Thank you also for your endorsement of our Resident Fee; we are thrilled to know that you took advantage of all of the wonderful amenities and privileges offered under this minimal charge. We are grateful for your warm recommendation and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Ithaca, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

We visited NYC to celebrate my birthday in late February 2014. We usually stay in Columbus Circle when visiting, but based off of the great reviews, decided to give Westhouse a try and were very pleased!

They are a brand new hotel, occupying the top floors of a building shared with Park Central Hotel in Midtown. The hotel is located within walking distance to Carnegie Hall, MoMA, Central Park, 5th Avenue, and Times Square and there is a subway entrance next to the front door. The entire staff were extremely friendly and made us feel very welcome. Our King room was clean and spacious with a comfortable bed. They offer a lot of free amenities including in room wifi and Dean and Deluca treats as well as breakfast pastries, espresso, wine, and cookies, which are available downstairs in their sitting area. We also made use of their fitness facilities on the 3rd floor which featured new treadmills, elliptical machines, and free weights.

If we had one complaint about the hotel, it would be their thin walls. Our neighbor unfortunately enjoyed loud music throughout the evening and late at night, which disturbed our sleep.

Overall, we really enjoyed our stay and have already booked a room at the Westhouse for a return trip at the end of March. Thank you!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Karla K, General Manager at WestHouse Hotel New York, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Johnrepus, thank you so much for your warm and detailed review! It is so rewarding to read your wonderful comments about our location, team, and the comfort of our rooms. Thank you also for sharing your sentiments regarding our Food & Beverage selections. I am also thrilled to hear that you found our Fitness Center to be a great compliment to your exercise regimen.

I am very sorry to hear of your sleep discomforts due to the neighboring guests. This valued feedback provides a great opportunity for us to enhance our room product. Thank you again for choosing WestHouse as your house away from home. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Sarasota, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

Top six floors (19-25) of the building have been redone to become the WestHouse NY. Great location (NW corner of 55th St. and Seventh Ave.). Walking distance to Times Square, Central Park, great shopping.

Staff were uniformly very friendly and accommodating. Lobby and adjoining reading/bar/snacks room are compact, but stylish and comfortable.

Rooms are on the small side, but laid out very well so they feel quite comfortable. Excellent beds; excellent cleanliness; large flat panel TV; plenty of outlets (including on desk for laptops. Bathrooms are new and well-fitted, but small and have no tub. Bed was very comfortable, desk chair and side chair were new but very firm. Closet, drawers, and storage space was fine for a couple. Great tall windows. Heating and A/C was OK, but not as flexible as one would expect for a higher-end hotel.

Modest food service ($30/person/day) is mandatory, and breakfast, tea, and early evening service is good quality but very limited. No room service at all; not even for the few items available via the required food service (an unwelcomed first in our experience). New rooftop restaurant is set to open in the spring which will hopefully eliminate the currently limited food options and absence of a normal room service menu. However, it appears that the separate and mandatory food service charge is solely designed to lower the room rate utilized for online hotel searches. A bad idea, and not in keeping with a quality hotel.

Overall a very pleasant experience, as the things that were most important to us on this trip (location, staff quality, clean/comfortable sleeping) were all top notch, while the items that weren't up to standard weren't things that we value highly.

Room Tip: Hotel occupies the top six floors (19 - 25) on the NW corner of W.55th & Seventh Ave.Rooms facin...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to WestHouse Hotel New York? Share your experiences!