“Great Hotel!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #114 of 459 Hotels in New York City
ny
“Great Hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

My husband and I stayed at the WestHouse Hotel for a night celebrating our wedding anniversary. This is a great hotel. I actually booked the room on my cell while we were driving into the city. The website is nice, which is what drew our attention and booking the room was smooth. The decor of the hotel is very nice and comfortable. We checked into our room and asked if they had a room with a city view and we were upgraded quickly. What we loved about the hotel was the service. From the moment we arrived and greeted by the doorman until the time we checked out everyone was very, very nice, courteous and helpful. Their customer service is on point. We went out for dinner and when we got back there was a complimentary bottle of champagne in the room and a note from the front desk manager, James Lee. Jason was wonderful as well. It's one thing to have nice decor. But what will make people write good reviews, tell friends, family and business associates about them is the service. If you're made to feel at home, not stuffy but luxurious as they did you're always a Winner and definitely prosperous. Thanks WestHouse! ESB

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Karla K, General Manager at WestHouse Hotel New York, responded to this review, February 21, 2014
It is so exciting to read that you discovered us while driving to the city! I am thrilled to hear that you were able to take advantage of our Mobile Offer. Thank you for sharing your kind words about our decor and ambiance. Thank you for also highlighting the exceptional service provided to you by James, Jason, and the entire WestHouse team. I share in your views that service is the foundation of a successful hotel. Your kind words of endorsement inspire us to continue in our mission of treating each guest as if our only guest. Congratulations again on your 13th Wedding Anniversary! We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Karla Keskin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

This is the best hotel I've experienced in NYC. The location is unbeatable - a 10-15 min walk to theaters and Central Park, yet far enough away from Times Square to comfortably avoid the crowds. The staff is incredibly friendly and personable, the rooms are immaculate and the European-style lounge was a great place to hang out with the family between activities. The continental breakfast and afternoon sweets were delicious. If you're looking for a boutique hotel with exceptional service, this is the place for you. I'm sure their current rates will only go up as this wonderful place gets discovered, so get in while you can!

Room Tip: Our room on 24th floor was a little warm, even with the thermostat turned all the way down and the t...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Karla K, General Manager at WestHouse Hotel New York, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Stephen C, your warm review means so much to us! Thank you for your great comments about our team, room product, and food & beverage offerings. I am pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us. It is humbling to receive your endorsement of the best hotel in New York City, and we are most thankful for your glowing recommendation. Thank you again for choosing WestHouse as your house away from home, we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

I took a chance by booking this hotel before its recent opening and have absolutely no regrets.

The hotel is fabulously located, particularly if on a theatre trip.

The staff are incredibly friendly and helpful, the rooms are very comfortable with little external noise and when The Terrace opens I imagine it the hotel will get even better.

The USD30 mandatory charge for food and beverages is excellent value.

There are a couple of issues some people may have. The bathroom we had was small and not very well configured for access to the shower. Also, the barman in the Den finishes at 10pm. No information is posted and we saw two groups return to the hotel after this time who were clearly disgruntled because they waited for service which didn't come. However, these weren't issues for us and the latter is a teething issue which can be easily rectified.

We wouldn't hesitate to return.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
We are gratified that you provided us the opportunity to host you on this visit, as a new property in the New York City Market. Your comments about our room product, location and the WestHouse team are heartfelt. It is very rewarding to read such wonderful feedback about our Resident Fee. This is truly the hallmark of the WestHouse experience; providing great value and access to an exclusive selection of amenities and services for our residents.

Thank you also for highlighting opportunities for us to improve. During the check-in process we do make every effort to publicize the hours of operation for our Food & Beverage offerings. While our Food & Beverage team does finish at 10:00PM, hotel residents are more than welcome to enjoy alcoholic beverages (house wines, sparkling wine, and beers on tap) in the Den until 12 midnight with a self-service option. We are already using your comments to help improve the communication of these details to our guests.

As a seasoned traveler, your comments are of great value to us. We too are eager for the highly anticipated opening of the Terrace and look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to experience it first-hand. Thank you again for choosing WestHouse as your house away from home.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

My cab pulls up and a very dapper young man opens my door and says my last name as if I were a celebrity and everyone knows me! Grabs my luggage escorts me to the front desk, where they too know my name! It was amazing! The hotel is just beautiful! The host, the bell men the concierge desk, everyone treated us as royalty! Very attentive to our needs. The canapés were delicious! The drinks tasty! The room was spotless and very roomy! The views to die for! Thanks to the amazing James C. at the front desk who made my reservations over the phone, very professional and answered all my questions with such politeness and reassurance that my experience at this hotel would be one I would not easily forget! He was correct. My husband and I can not wait to come back to this beautiful establishment and be treated like royalty again.

Room Tip: I stayed on the 21st floor. Great views of the west side and the intrepid!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Karla K, General Manager at WestHouse Hotel New York, responded to this review, February 2, 2014
We are touched by your enthusiastic review! Thank you for highlighting the seamless arrival experience provided to you at check-in. I am so pleased to read that our services manifested a feel of royal treatment for you. Guest name usage is absolutely paramount, and I am thrilled to hear that we were able to acknowledge you by name during every interaction. We are humbled by your comments about our food and beverage offerings, our rooms, and our attentive team. Thank you also for recognizing James. I will be sure to share your sentiments with the entire team. We too look forward to your return visit!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

My wife and I decided to celebrate our anniversary in NYC by staying in the city after work instead of going back to the burbs where we recently moved. We therefore arranged to stay at this boutique Midtown hotel. It was only just recently opened, and we loved all the attention to design detail, both in the lobby/lounge area and in our room. The staff were all super friendly, from the doormen to the managers, who poured us glasses of sparkling wine as we snuggled on a sofa. The Director of Front Office Kevin Kim even arranged for a nice bottle of champagne in our room to welcome us for our anniversary, and gave us a room upgrade in addition.

This is definitely not a big conference-oriented mega hotel, but it is close to Central Park and has a sophistication and friendliness that those bigger places do not have.

I would highly recommend staying there, and hope to do so again myself!

Room Tip: Higher rooms on the back are likely to be less noisy.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Karla K, General Manager at WestHouse Hotel New York, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
We are so glad that you discovered WestHouse and equally delighted that you chose to celebrate such a special occasion with us. I wish to renew the congratulatory remarks extended on property for your nuptials! Thank you for your comments about the design of our Den and the rooms. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed the room upgrade and champagne to help you further celebrate. I will be sure to share your regards with Kevin and the entire team. Thank you for your warm recommendation. We also hope to welcome you back in the near future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

Just got back from a short visit to nyc. Stayed at the westhouse as it suited our location needs. Cannot recomend it highly enough, stylish calmimg surroundings and staff that allow you to enjoy their comittment to your comfort as they do it effortlessly, and when things went wrong with our flights they sorted us out without fuss. Love this place, and so will you.

• Stayed January 2014
Nicholas B, thank you for your fabulous review! We are humbled by your admiration for WestHouse and your recommendation. We take great pride in offering our guests an unrivaled experience; maintaining their comfort as one of our top priorities. I am so pleased to hear that our team was accommodating during your flight disruptions. Thank you for choosing WestHouse as your house away from home, we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Glencoe, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

This was our first stay at the new WestHouse Hotel. Took my 17 year old daughter and my friend took her 16 year old and we LOVED the hotel! The location is excellent...walking distance to times square, the famous Carnegie deli is literally around the corner, central park is also walking distance and the subway is right outside the door. The staff was amazing! Andrea, Kevin, Kareem, Candice, (just to name a few) were all so attentive and kind! The rooms are so elegant and the beds were the most comfortable I've ever slept in anywhere! Loved the DEN which really did feel like being in a really cool living room. Every morning we had the french roast coffee, a delicious yogurt parfait and fresh pastries. In the evening we had wine and cheese and the staff was always amazing and made you feel like you were special! We will go back next time we visit NYC and I would also stay there with my husband when we visit together. Can't wait til' my next trip to NYC and the WestHouse hotel!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Julie R, thank you so much for your detailed review! I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our Food & Beverage offerings, including our Breakfast Presentations and Hours of Indulgence served in the Den. I am also happy to read that our location provided superb convenience to you and your family while in the city. Thank you for such wonderful comments about our bedding and your sleep experience! It is always so rewarding when our team members are remembered by name. I will be sure to share your remarks with Andrea, Kevin, Kareem, Candace, and the entire team. We too cannot wait to welcome you back home in the near future.

Karla Keskin

Been to WestHouse Hotel New York? Share your experiences!