“classic Village stop” 4 of 5 stars
Review of John's Pizzeria-- Bleeker St.

John's Pizzeria-- Bleeker St.
278 Bleeker St., New York City, NY 10014 (West Village)
212-935-2895
Neighborhood: West Village
New York City, New York
“classic Village stop”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

Still good after all these years, and often packed. Drop in for classic, properly prepared, brick-oven pizza.

Park City, Utah
“Perfect Pizza”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

As a native New Yorker, I am EXTREMELY fussy about my pizza. Whenever I come back home for a visit (I now reside in Utah) I absolutely make certain to eat at John's on Bleecker. Perfect thin crust, just a little bit burnt. The proper ratio of sauce, cheese, and toppings, and all are excellent. It seems so simple yet it's not so easy to come by. But John's serves up delicious pizza every time I go there. The service is fine. When I travel to New York with friends who have never been there before, I always take them to John's for the perfect example of what REAL pizza is all about.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Los Angeles, California
“Living on its reputation”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Came here 20 years ago and found the place charming with good pizza. This time... not so much. Seemed dingy, unspecial. Would not go back.

Visited March 2013
Massachusetts
“Really Enjoyed It”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

OK, up front I'll admit that this is our first visit to a real NYC pizza place, so I can't tell you if this is a great or lousy NYC pizza. But I can tell you that it's probably the best pizza that I've ever had. We got there about 5:00 on Saturday, just missing the line that formed outside shortly after we were seated. The place is a little run down and crowded, and they only take cash - thus the 4 stars instead of 5. But the mushroom topped pizza was excellent. Crust was thin and charred, sauce was fresh and delicious, pizza was not oil greasy at all, and it stayed that way as we indulged ourselves. Now I understand the NYC tradition of folding over the slice of pizza as you eat it - it was the only way to go. I've noticed people complaining about service but our waiter was right on top of things, pleasant and attentive. All in all, a most enjoyable experience.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“Great Pizza”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

Fine thin crisp crust the way it should be. Unassuming old world decor. Gets crowded in the evenings. Suggest you go for lunch or early dinner.

Visited January 2013