“Repaeat visitors!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Pig'n Whistle On Third

Pig'n Whistle On Third
922 3rd Ave, New York City, NY 10022-3605 (Midtown)
+1 212-688-4646
Neighborhood: Midtown
Bermuda
“Repaeat visitors!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

I always try and get here when I am in NYC... Great little pub - food is pub food nothing special, but its a great place to just chill and watch the TV speak to the staff and have some good beer!!

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Quality food in a lovely pub”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2012

This was my first visit to the restaurant and I have got to say it exceeded all my expectations. The menu was typical of what you would expect from an Irish/American pub. Upon first looking at the menu I thought that it was a bit pricey. We were part of a group of 5 and were sat straight away on a Friday night which was good. It probably helped that a hurricane was on the way. I ordered Chicken Tenders for starters. When they arrived I was amazed. They were not your typical previously frozen deep fried tenders. They were full pieces of breast meat covered in breadcrumbs and lightly cooked. They were delicious and the portion size was more than you would need for one person which meant we were able to share them. For my main course I decided to go for the pub classic Shepherds Pie. This had to be the best shepherds pie I have eaten in the United States. It all seemed freshly made and the potato on top was perfect. The meat was perfectly cooked and not dry like most you eat in these Irish/American Pub chains. For dessert I ... and I have got to say it exceeded all my expectations. The menu was typical of what you would expect from an Irish/American pub. Upon first looking at the menu I thought that it was a bit pricey. We were part of a group of 5 and were sat straight away on a Friday night which was good. It probably helped that a hurricane was on the way. I ordered Chicken Tenders for starters. When they arrived I was amazed. They were not your typical previously frozen deep fried tenders. They were full pieces of breast meat covered in breadcrumbs and lightly cooked. They were delicious and the portion size was more than you would need for one person which meant we were able to share them. For my main course I decided to go for the pub classic Shepherds Pie. This had to be the best shepherds pie I have eaten in the United States. It all seemed freshly made and the potato on top was perfect. The meat was perfectly cooked and not dry like most you eat in these Irish/American Pub chains. For dessert I went for the cookies and cream Ice Cream. This was delicious and creamy and definitely not your budget ice cream. Overall the meal was fantastic. The drinks were reasonably priced as well. I would recommend this to anyone looking for some good food on the upper east side of Manhattan. My next visit cannot come soon enough

• Visited August 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Tucson, Arizona
“A fun place with good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2012

Upon arriving late into the city, we were looking for something to eat within walking distance of our hotel. The hotel clerk recommended the Pig N Whistle, which was just down the block. It is an Irish Pub style establishment, which serves food until 3:00am. The wait staff was friendly and helpful in menu recommendations. This happened to be Karaoke Night which was entertaining to watch. I would recommend this establishment to anyone desiring a good meal in a fun atmosphere!

• Visited January 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Talleyville, Delaware
“Average food and very noisy during "big games"”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2012

If you are a sports bar fan, then you'll enjoy this restaurant. They pipe the audio from the main event TV throughout the entire bar. Unfortunately, the night we were there, it was so loud that we couldn't carry on a conversation. I'm sorry we stayed as the food was "just OK" and didn't compensate for painful ambiance.

Service was on and off. Prices are pretty decent for the neighborhood.

• Visited January 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Cookeville, Tennessee
“Good food, good fun, good service.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

I was visiting my son in New York and an associate of his recommended this place. We (my son, his girlfriend, my brother and myself) stopped in for an early (by NY standards) dinner. I tried the shepherd's pie, my son the fish and chips and for his girlfriend they assembled a vegetarian dish. The food was good, the prices reasonable, and the service was excellent. The atmosphere seemed authentic New York - Irish and we had a good time. We relaxed over a Guinness (or two) and had a very enjoyable meal.

• Visited December 2011