“Great hotel in Soho” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Solita Soho Hotel

Save Saved
You added Solita Soho Hotel to your Saves list
Solita Soho Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   159 Grand Street, New York City, NY 10013 (Formerly Clarion Collection The Solita Soho Hotel) (Manhattan)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #322 of 453 Hotels in New York City
Pittsburgh
“Great hotel in Soho”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

We stayed at the Solita Soho for a girls trip this month. The hotel is located near Chinatown and Little Italy. Clean hotel and great location! Within walking distance to Canal St subway station. Comfortable beds and nice dual shower-head fixture.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Peter A, General Manager at Solita Soho Hotel, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Good morning,

I just wanted to thank you for the compliments towards our hotel. I am thrilled to hear you had a great stay. Hopefully you can return soon. Please don’t hesitate to give me a call directly if you need anything, I will personally make sure you get the best deal possible. Have a great day!

Peter Asciolla

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Polish first
New City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Stayed one night this past winter, which just happened to be one of the coldest winters on record. When I showed up, the room was ready, but the heat was off. I was freezing and just wanted to warm up before heading out for the night. Didn't work out that way, it was way too cold in the room, so I turned on the heat and left to hang out at a bar until it was time for me to meet my friends for our night out.

The room was warm when I got back 8 hours later, not sure how long it took to get warm. On the plus side, the room was very clean and the bathroom was fully equipped. The room was tiny. It's fine for one person and one night, but I cannot see staying there for a long period of time, or with another person.

If you can get a cheap rate (through AAA or the like) it might be worth it. The neighborhood is great (Ferrara's Bakery is down the block), but the block the hotel is on is a bit secluded and I spotted some shady characters hanging outside late at night. Bottom line, in a pinch it's not a bad place.

Room Tip: check out the entire hotel collection at ascendcollection.com. They have an app as well.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Good morning,

I just wanted to thank you for your feedback. I am the new GM of the hotel since January. I am glad to hear you had a nice stay, especially in a tough winter. Sorry about the shady people on the block. This is one of the safest neighborhoods in NYC. Unfortunately you can’t control who decides to wander around late at night, However I can promise you it is a rare occasion. I hope to see you soon.

General Manager,
New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

Over the past four years, we've stayed at Solita Soho five times. Each time we enjoy the Soho location, the Landmark diner for breakfast, the Grand Street street scene, and the nearby Canal Street subway station.

This is a good value hotel that doesn't try to be super trendy. Simple, quiet, clean, and the responsive staff when you need them. We always look forward to returning to Solita Soho. The rooms are small but that is normal for NYC!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Peter A, General Manager at Solita Soho Hotel, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Good morning,
Thank you so much for writing such nice things about us. We are always thrilled when we hear a guest had a great stay, especially a loyal one as yourself. I wanted to thank you for your business over the years. Hopefully we see you soon, and as always call me first before doing anything. I will make sure you have a great time and get everything you need. Have a wonderful day!

Hogansburg, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

Floor tiles felt like razor blades on our bare feet we had to wear our shoes the whole time. We called front desk for a few paper plates and she said she would call back and never did We called the front desk second night for an extra desk chair and same response as above We asked the maid for lotion and she said no because she did not understand/ talk english. Sheesh The room is too small for the prices you charge even with the booking.com discount and the awesome location.

Room Tip: Bring slippers and a cushion to sit on the floor if there are more than 1 of you : /
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Good morning,

I first off wanted to thank you for your feedback. I am very sorry about the confusion. I have no idea why they wouldn’t give you paper plates or an extra chair. You got my word that I will find out what happen. Our staff always goes above and beyond for all our guests. Which is why I find it confusing. Either way please accept our apology. Hopefully you can return to the hotel. If you do please call me first, I will personally make sure you have a great time and get a great rate. I hope you have a wonderful day and also hope to see you soon.

MUSKOKA, ONTARIO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

we had a reservation at another hotel which was absolutely horrible, we called Solita and they gave me a room for 5 nights, no issues at all, when we fled the other hotel at 7 in the am we figured we would have to hold our bags until late afternoon, but oh no, the front desk said, i have a room for you right now. it was such a pleasant experience. the ladies on the front desk are amazing, accommodating, informative and kind. the room had beautiful clean white linens, flat screen TV, very clean bathroom with lovely towels. the rooms are small but it worked perfectly for us with 2 people and 2 beds. we are hardly in our room anyway, so it did not matter about the size.

Room Tip: there was access to a gym around the corner for $10 a day, there was no pool
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Peter A, General Manager at Solita Soho Hotel, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Good morning,

First off I wanted to thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about us. We are always thrilled to hear when a guest has a great time, as this is one of our goals. I will let my front desk staff know what you said as well. I am sorry about your stay in another hotel, but we are extremely glad you found us. Hopefully you can return soon. Please give me a call before you do, I will make sure we take excellent care of you. Have a wonderful day!

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights in Dec 13. The hotel itself was lovely and clean, small and compact. I have seen other reviews complaing regarding the size of the rooms. Its NYC are you going to be spending most of your time in the room?! NO!! Our room had two queen beds in it and was snug. We had a tv and a desk. The bathroom was of a good size with a good shower and bath. The beds were AMAZING! So soft and comfy. The bedding was of good quality. The view we had from our window was lovely - we could see the empire state building! Considering we were down in little italy. A cab ride to grand central/Macys only cost $8 on average. The staff at the hotel on the front desk were hit and miss. Either very knowledgeable and eager to please or struggled to perform basic tasks (we waited over half an hour for an invoice to be printed then gave up). There is no onsite restaurant but your in NYC!! Do you need to use the hotel restaurant?! Bars, restaurants are on every corner. Opposite the hotel was a cafe which served lovely pancakes for brekkie. I really would recommend this hotel, clean, friendly and in a great position. WE WILL BE BACK!!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Peter A, General Manager at Solita Soho Hotel, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Good morning,

I first off wanted to thank you for writing such nice things about us. Customer feedback is extremely important for us, as we are always looking to improve in every way. I am delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay. Also before you do return, please give me a call directly first. I will make sure we take excellent care of you. Hope to see you soon and have a wonderful day!

Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

Yes, the rooms are the size of an average walk-in closet. You have enough room to walk around the bed but thats about it.There is no room to have friends come up, or to store a ton of luggage... however, if you know that going in, you'll find the beds extremely comfortable and the shower spa-like. So stay here if you plan to sleep and shower and then leave to enjoy the city. Come back when you are ready to sleep.

The staff is friendly and helpful. The location is great! There is the Landmark cafe across the street to start your morningsvoff right. A french restaurant and alternative American bar just around the corner. A Korean restaurant and a drug store/convenience store a short walk away.

So just be aware. This is a fantastically comfortable room with a great shower and convenient dining options. Its just tiny. If you'll spend most of your time in your room watching TV, you might want to stay elsewhere. But if you're touring the city and want a place to sleep and shower, this is definitely a good choice!

If you're flying in, ask about the car they get for you to and from the hotel. What a stress reliever! Cost was $52 cash each way from JFK...worth it.

Thanks for a great place to stay Solita. I'll be back.

• Stayed April 2014
Peter A, General Manager at Solita Soho Hotel, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Good morning,

I always love when someone takes the time out to write a great review. You are very detailed about the hotel, which I love! I just wanted to thank you for saying such nice things, and I am extremely happy you had a wonderful stay. We hope you come visit us again real soon. Please give me a call before booking anything, I will make sure to take great care of you. Have a wonderful day!

Peter Asciolla

Been to Solita Soho Hotel? Share your experiences!