“Don't fear, just be aware” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Solita Soho Hotel

Save Saved
You added Solita Soho Hotel to your Saves list
Solita Soho Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   159 Grand Street, New York City, NY 10013 (Formerly Clarion Collection The Solita Soho Hotel) (Manhattan)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #324 of 454 Hotels in New York City
Los Angeles, California
“Don't fear, just be aware”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

Yes, the rooms are the size of an average walk-in closet. You have enough room to walk around the bed but thats about it.There is no room to have friends come up, or to store a ton of luggage... however, if you know that going in, you'll find the beds extremely comfortable and the shower spa-like. So stay here if you plan to sleep and shower and then leave to enjoy the city. Come back when you are ready to sleep.

The staff is friendly and helpful. The location is great! There is the Landmark cafe across the street to start your morningsvoff right. A french restaurant and alternative American bar just around the corner. A Korean restaurant and a drug store/convenience store a short walk away.

So just be aware. This is a fantastically comfortable room with a great shower and convenient dining options. Its just tiny. If you'll spend most of your time in your room watching TV, you might want to stay elsewhere. But if you're touring the city and want a place to sleep and shower, this is definitely a good choice!

If you're flying in, ask about the car they get for you to and from the hotel. What a stress reliever! Cost was $52 cash each way from JFK...worth it.

Thanks for a great place to stay Solita. I'll be back.

• Stayed April 2014
Peter A, General Manager at Solita Soho Hotel, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Good morning,

I always love when someone takes the time out to write a great review. You are very detailed about the hotel, which I love! I just wanted to thank you for saying such nice things, and I am extremely happy you had a wonderful stay. We hope you come visit us again real soon. Please give me a call before booking anything, I will make sure to take great care of you. Have a wonderful day!

Peter Asciolla

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Polish first
Rome, Italy
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

I read some of the posts here and unfortunately have to say that I don't quite share the same positive impressions. The check-in was smooth as we announced late arrival. However, the impolite eagerness of having your credit card handed out before you even open your mouth is something that Americans could work on. The room was extremely small and was not cleaned well at our arrival (expect nice clean bathroom). And throughout one week stay - it would have the beds made and towels changed. Not much cleaning. I hope that the construction in the street is over by now. That was not pleasant to hear in the morning. Otherwise, the location of the hotel is very very good as it is only 2 minutes away from the metro station. And of course perfect for exploring the Little Italy, Nolita and Soho.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Peter A, General Manager at Solita Soho Hotel, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Good morning,

I am sorry to hear you didn’t have a great stay. I am not quite sure what you mean by American’s can work on, I believe we are extremely friendly. Anyway as for cleanliness, this is one of our strong factors, as with the front desk friendliness. So I am disappointed to hear both let you down, since everyone enjoys both of our departments. I will definitely make sure to speak with my departments regarding your review. We want everyone to have a fantastic stay, and are extremely disappointed when it doesn’t happen since it’s very rare. I hope you give us another shot and if you do please give me a call directly and I will be more than happy to make up for your stay. Have a wonderful day

Lille, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

I stayed in this hotel for business, as I didnt want to spend my entire budget just on hotel rooms... it was a great decision: room was OK (Small, but had enough room for bed, desk, wardrobe), bathroom was complete. Quiet at night, had a good sleep. Location is good, not far from Broadway, in the limit between Soho, Little Italy and Chinatown.
Breakfast not an issue with such a great Deli across the road.
All in all, I would recommend for whoever wants to stay in a great location, and save some money on hotel fees

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Peter A, General Manager at Solita Soho Hotel, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
First off I wanted to thank you for such a great review. I am extremely pleased to hear that you had a great stay. Please give me a call if you are looking to stay in Soho again, as we would love to have you. Have a wonderful day, and hope to see you real soon.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

Really enjoyed staying here. The staff were incredibly friendly and helpful, the location is excellent (very well placed for the subway to get round the city), the rooms were immaculate (yes they are small but this is New York!) and the shower awesome. There is also a great old school diner across the street which will do you a great breakfast for an amazing price. My only complaint was the noise on the last night on my stay, most of it was caused by an arguing couple in the next room so not the hotel's fault but the noise from the nearby nightclub was annoying once the noise from the argument had woken me up!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Peter A, General Manager at Solita Soho Hotel, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Good morning,

First off thank you so much for a wonderful review. I love to hear about how guests stay went. Feedback is very important for me. I am very happy that you had a great stay, and I do apologize for the couple next door. At any time don’t hesitate to call the desk and we will take care of it right away. I hope you visit us again and please call me directly if you are booking with us, I will be more than happy to accommodate you.

Long Island, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

So we saw a really good price for this hotel and thought we would give it a shot as hotels in Manhattan can be quite pricey. We were pleasantly surprised. The hotel is in a great location, despite the fact that the street its on is totally torn up for construction. You're just steps away from Little Italy and a short walk to Tribeca. The hotel is small, boasting 44 rooms in total. The rooms are even smaller and I'm not kidding. Probably the smallest room I've ever stayed in. That's the bad news. The good news is that it didn't matter. It was immaculate. New furnishings, really comfortable beds and a very clean bathroom. It was perfect for our needs. The view from our room was just okay but who cares about that? We were just crashing there for the night. The front desk attendant was courteous and helpful. Oh, I should mention the elevator is incredibly slow. There is a greasy spoon cafe across the street that has good coffee and slings a decent breakfast. We fully intend to stay here again on our next visit into SOHO. And you should as well.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Good morning,

I want to thank you for a great review and taking time out to write it. I am very pleased to hear about your stay. Cleanliness and customer service are our number 1 priorities in this hotel. Please visit us again when you get the chance, and as always if you need anything contact me directly.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

Traveling on a budget, I needed a reasonably priced room in the SoHo neighborhood. The Solita filled the bill just fine. A modern room, great bathroom (loved the dual head shower!), clean, quiet for NYC, with a friendly and helpful staff. No surprises with plenty of options for dining with Little Italy and Chinatown a couple of blocks away. The subway entrance on Canal St. was very close so you could get around the city easily. I've found my hotel for southern Manhattan!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Peter A, General Manager at Solita Soho Hotel, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Good morning,

I am extremely pleased to hear how great your stay was. If I had a dollar for every time I heard about our showerheads and how good they are, I would own a hotel. Lol . Thank you so much for your kind review, and as always please feel free to contact me directly if you need anything, especially when you are coming back to the city.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

We enjoyed our stay in Solita Soho Hotel.This hotel was a very good price though not luxurious.
The room was small but warm and temperature control easy to adjust. Beds were very comfortable and showers worked well. Daily room service was efficient and the hotel staff pleasant and helpful.
It was quiet at night considering it was a very busy neighbourhood being an Italian and Chinese Area.

Room Tip: If you are on the big size as a couple the double bed may be too small