“Great value for money” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Solita Soho Hotel

You added Solita Soho Hotel to your Saves list
Solita Soho Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   159 Grand Street, New York City, NY 10013 (Formerly Clarion Collection The Solita Soho Hotel) (Manhattan)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #303 of 458 Hotels in New York City
Lille, France
“Great value for money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

I stayed in this hotel for business, as I didnt want to spend my entire budget just on hotel rooms... it was a great decision: room was OK (Small, but had enough room for bed, desk, wardrobe), bathroom was complete. Quiet at night, had a good sleep. Location is good, not far from Broadway, in the limit between Soho, Little Italy and Chinatown.
Breakfast not an issue with such a great Deli across the road.
All in all, I would recommend for whoever wants to stay in a great location, and save some money on hotel fees

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Peter A, General Manager at Solita Soho Hotel, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
First off I wanted to thank you for such a great review. I am extremely pleased to hear that you had a great stay. Please give me a call if you are looking to stay in Soho again, as we would love to have you. Have a wonderful day, and hope to see you real soon.

Peter Asciolla

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

Really enjoyed staying here. The staff were incredibly friendly and helpful, the location is excellent (very well placed for the subway to get round the city), the rooms were immaculate (yes they are small but this is New York!) and the shower awesome. There is also a great old school diner across the street which will do you a great breakfast for an amazing price. My only complaint was the noise on the last night on my stay, most of it was caused by an arguing couple in the next room so not the hotel's fault but the noise from the nearby nightclub was annoying once the noise from the argument had woken me up!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Peter A, General Manager at Solita Soho Hotel, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Good morning,

First off thank you so much for a wonderful review. I love to hear about how guests stay went. Feedback is very important for me. I am very happy that you had a great stay, and I do apologize for the couple next door. At any time don’t hesitate to call the desk and we will take care of it right away. I hope you visit us again and please call me directly if you are booking with us, I will be more than happy to accommodate you.

Long Island, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

So we saw a really good price for this hotel and thought we would give it a shot as hotels in Manhattan can be quite pricey. We were pleasantly surprised. The hotel is in a great location, despite the fact that the street its on is totally torn up for construction. You're just steps away from Little Italy and a short walk to Tribeca. The hotel is small, boasting 44 rooms in total. The rooms are even smaller and I'm not kidding. Probably the smallest room I've ever stayed in. That's the bad news. The good news is that it didn't matter. It was immaculate. New furnishings, really comfortable beds and a very clean bathroom. It was perfect for our needs. The view from our room was just okay but who cares about that? We were just crashing there for the night. The front desk attendant was courteous and helpful. Oh, I should mention the elevator is incredibly slow. There is a greasy spoon cafe across the street that has good coffee and slings a decent breakfast. We fully intend to stay here again on our next visit into SOHO. And you should as well.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Good morning,

I want to thank you for a great review and taking time out to write it. I am very pleased to hear about your stay. Cleanliness and customer service are our number 1 priorities in this hotel. Please visit us again when you get the chance, and as always if you need anything contact me directly.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

Traveling on a budget, I needed a reasonably priced room in the SoHo neighborhood. The Solita filled the bill just fine. A modern room, great bathroom (loved the dual head shower!), clean, quiet for NYC, with a friendly and helpful staff. No surprises with plenty of options for dining with Little Italy and Chinatown a couple of blocks away. The subway entrance on Canal St. was very close so you could get around the city easily. I've found my hotel for southern Manhattan!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Peter A, General Manager at Solita Soho Hotel, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Good morning,

I am extremely pleased to hear how great your stay was. If I had a dollar for every time I heard about our showerheads and how good they are, I would own a hotel. Lol . Thank you so much for your kind review, and as always please feel free to contact me directly if you need anything, especially when you are coming back to the city.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

We enjoyed our stay in Solita Soho Hotel.This hotel was a very good price though not luxurious.
The room was small but warm and temperature control easy to adjust. Beds were very comfortable and showers worked well. Daily room service was efficient and the hotel staff pleasant and helpful.
It was quiet at night considering it was a very busy neighbourhood being an Italian and Chinese Area.

Room Tip: If you are on the big size as a couple the double bed may be too small
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Peter A, General Manager at Solita Soho Hotel, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
We thank you for taking time out to write a very nice review. We greatly appreciate any feedback from our guests. Whatever it takes to make our customers stay as comfortable and enjoyable as possible. I sure hope you enjoyed your stay in N.Y.C, and we hope you stay with us again. Please don’t hesitate to give me a call directly if you need anything.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

I would like to start by saying that it is all about managing expectations. My expectation was that I stay in a boutique hotel, in a great neighbourhood, with updated interiors at a decent rate. I am happy to say that I received all of that and more. There were no issues with booking the hotel and on arrival we were welcomed and provided with a very courteous and friendly check in. Yes, the rooms are tiny, bit this is NYC. If you want to spend $400-600 a night at a hotel with multiple bars, restaurants and other amenities onsite, go ahead. If you want super comfortable beds, clean rooms, modern baths with fantastic showers, then stay here.
As far as staff goes, Amanda was extremely helpful and offered us an excellent recommendation for dinner as we arrived late. I didn't catch her name but the other female staff member who helped us also went out of her way to assist with printing out our boarding passes and holding our luggage while we ran out before heading to the airport.
As I mentioned at the beginning of my post, it is all about expectations. NYC is big, loud, and seemingly forever under construction, if you can't deal with that then perhaps choose another destination. People here are as friendly to you as you are to them so I ask that you consider that when reading through reviews that are overtly negative because we loved it here and have nothing but positive things to say.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Peter A, General Manager at Solita Soho Hotel, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
From all of our staff at the Solita Soho Hotel, we wanted to thank you for your wonderful review. We make it our number one goal to try and make each stay as wonderful as possible, for each and every guest. As a brand new general manager to this hotel, I am pleased to hear Amanda and staff were very helpful. They take pride in their customer service. Please give us a call if you are ever staying in NYC again. Have a wonderful day.

Fairfield, Connecticut, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

The location and price of this hotel room were perfect for what we needed on this overnight in Soho. We did not plan on spending much time in the room. It was really just a place to crash for the night. We found the beds comfortable, shower pressure strong and good wifi. The room was tight but we were not there to hang out...we were there to sleep and shower. If you want a place with larger spaces and a lobby where you can people watch this is not the place for you. If you want a comfortable room, friendly service, great SOHO location at a great rate I highly recommend this place.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Solita Soho Hotel? Share your experiences!