“Down and Dirty” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Blue Smoke is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #547 of 11,765 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Park and Lexington
Transit: Subway line: 6 to 28th Street and Park Avenue South
Description: Jazz Standard offers guests a wide variety of world class jazz complemented by Blue Smoke barbecue in an intimate room with great sightlines and sound.
New York City, New York
1,696 helpful votes 1,696 helpful votes
“Down and Dirty”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

I went with friends to Blue Smoke for dinner. I had the barbecued chicken and a beer. both good. We all were in the mood for a tasty, and messy meal. That's what we got. Fun.

• Visited November 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Ithaca, New York
“Enjoyed the outside seating!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

Great food-consistant! Server was friendly and very attentive. The USA soccer game was on inside but also at the bar across the street-we totally enjoyed listening to it from the bar and people watching the crowd...

Visited June 2014
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
“Southern BBQ in NY? Yes!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

I've lived in the South my entire life, so I KNOW my barbecue. I was wary but I love all of Danny Meyer's other restaurants, so we thought we'd give it a try and we were pleasantly surprised! As with all of Meyer's restaurants, the staff were incredible -- well-versed on the menu, warm and down to earth. Standout dishes: the blue cheese dip with bbq chips, chopped pork plate and the ribs sampler.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Swindon
“Over the Blue moon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

Recommended by two different friends who had been in the past...good taste. Service swift but not pushy, friendly and efficient. We all enjoyed our food, starters and mains. I was only one for desert...very lovely 'limey' key lime pie. Excellent value all round.

Bucks, England
“Great Ribs, Great Ambience, Great prices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

My family all love American BBQ food, especially after a 2 week holiday in the Deep South in 2013, so we booked BlueSmoke during a 3 day short break in NYC in June 2014. We chose BlueSmoke mainly because of the ratings on TripAdvisor and it certainly lived up to the praise. We all had the Memphis baby back ribs and they were superb - amazingly tender and great taste. The BlueSmoke ale was excellent too. Altogether a great meal and I strongly recommend BlueSmoke.

• Visited June 2014