“Good position but...” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Times Square New York

You added Hyatt Times Square New York to your Saves list
Hyatt Times Square New York
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   135 West 45th Street, New York City, NY 10036 (Midtown)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #55 of 464 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Brisbane, Australia
“Good position but...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

This is a new hotel about 50 metres from the actual square so it is a very busy area. The crowds on the street get to high farce about late afternoon exacerbated by roads works within the square. The lobby of the hotel is equally as busy, which is further congested by guests using the free Wi-Fi that is only available there. Nonetheless the staff are very good and plentiful and the rooms are fair sized with nice modern bathrooms which are a blessing. The cafe attached is quite OK for casual dining but we found it strange to be told we would have to wait 10 minutes to be seated as the waitress was resting.

Room Tip: As the lifts get congested and wait times get extended, the higher up you are, the more likely you a...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (275)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

I love this hotel. Friendly staff, best possible location, spacious room, spacious bathroom, nice bedding, nice big t.v., etc. I had a "terrace room", which has a real outdoor terrace. Had a wonderful view, and view of Time Square. It is big and spacious. Lovely place to have coffee, have friends over, make your cell calls etc. I believe this is a rarity in Manhattan, and it's worth the extra money for this unique feature.

The hotel restaurant, T45 was nice, great chicken dish, and good value for money. They hotel was giving 20% coupons to guests, making it an ever better value. The Bar on the 54th view has breathtaking views, and best of all, it's an OUTSIDE bar, as well as inside. But to be outside in the fresh air, with that view, relaxing, is a gem for Manhattan...and just steps from Times Square.

There is a large 24 hour deli just down the street, Cranberry Deli, open 24 hours, with anything you could want. Hot and cold buffets 24 hours a day.

Staff here were universally friendly and helpful. I liked when I checked in, they said "welcome back", since I was there a few months ago.

Manhattan is not a cheap place for a hotel, but compared to other nearby hotels, I thought it was a great value for money. Don't miss that rooftop bar!

Room Tip: Probably worth it to splurge and get a high floor room, since the views are spectacular.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

We chose this hotel as it was in a great location which was important as we were only in NYC for a short trip so wanted to make the most of everything. The location did not disappoint, being only a block or so from Times Sq, and not exactly in the heart of all the craziness so you could get a break from the crowds.

The staff at this hotel are all very friendly, from front desk to the doormen. The hotel itself is functional and clean, the way my husband summed it up was 'functional, spacious but no frills', and I tend to agree as though it was renovated, you could tell it was done efficiently rather than with any design flair.

The room is spacious for NYC, which we loved, but again very functional with no added indulgences. This worked fine for us on this trip as being a city break we spent more time out and about.

Great for a base in NYC

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Gulfport
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014 via mobile

I'm a Platinum Gold Passport member; I prefer to stay at Hyatt properties whenever possible.

Upon arrival, we were allowed to check in although it as before 3 PM. Arelis (great the whole time!) immediately recognized my Platinum status; for it, she gave me a room upgrade (view of Times Square) and a 20% coupon for lunch and dinner. We were also given free bottled water daily. The security staff was hospitable and present 24-7. Room service prices were decent ($17-19/entree for breakfast). The breakfast was tasty and large enough to feed 2 people. Service was also fast and courteous. Yenny was also great during checkout.

Unfortunately, we had issues. Our A/C stopped working - it blew warm air even with the thermostat set at 65 degrees. Housekeeping left us with a lipstick-stained comforter for 2 days (I don't wear lipstick). There was hair in our bed. And, our bathroom floor mat was dirty. I also had to keep requesting an extra set of towels because they kept only leaving two sets rather than three to match our party of three. Zachary was kind enough to comp breakfast and take $75 off the bill. But, I think the entire last night should have been credited, especially since two of us are now having sinus issues.

When I get to return to NYC, it is highly likely I will consider staying again despite the issues. Times Square is 3-5 mins away, yet the hotel is quiet. The decor of the hotel, the on-site restaurant, and and the rooms is very modern and appropriate.

• Stayed August 2014
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

Lovely king bedroom on L47 with wonderful views, a well equipped bathroom and a huge flat tv screen on the wall. Excellent brasserie on the g/f for breakfast. First class gym. Great skyline bar on the top floor with outstanding views - try for an outside table. Attentive service and overall a good vibe. We enjoyed our two night stay.

Room Tip: Higher floors have outstanding views
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Weatherford, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

I paid nearly $500 per night for our hotel so that we could have the lounge on the rooftop...just to find out anyone could go to the rooftop lounge whether they were staying there or not. That was disappointing. However the view was beautiful!!! Not sure it was worth the money, but it was lovely and clean. The doormen were kinda lazy because I, a female, ended up holding he door for a few people walking in with luggage as the doormen were holding up the wall they were leaning against.

Room Tip: A ask for a view of times square
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Midlothian, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

I don't usually stay anywhere near Times Square when I travel to New York, but I thought I'd give it a try this time. The hotel is very nice. The concierges are VERY helpful. The location is good if Times Square is where you want to be.

I did have a problem with my air conditioning, but they got it fixed as soon as I told them about it. The only complaint I have is that the air didn't work very well. I had the temperature set on 65 the entire week we were there and it never got that cold in the room. Now, I am from Texas and we have excellent air conditioning here. I've never been to New York in summer before and my experience was that the air conditioning didn't work very well in most places.

The bar at the top of the hotel has an outstanding view of the city (especially at night), but if you do order a drink be aware that they are VERY expensive. We had 2 alcoholic drinks and paid $56 for them.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Been to Hyatt Times Square New York? Share your experiences!