“Great Turkish Food” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ali Baba Turkish Cuisine

Ali Baba Turkish Cuisine
212 E 34th St, New York City, NY 10016 (Manhattan)
+1 212-683-9206
Neighborhood: Manhattan
Albany, New York
“Great Turkish Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

I've been to this restaurant in the past, but recently went again... twice. One night I did take-out for dinner, and another was for dine-in during lunch. Both times, fantastic. The portions are generous in size, and most appetizers you could share between a few people. The staff was friendly, and is certainly a restaurant I will continue to look forward to going back to.

And.. of course.. if you go, enjoy a nice cup of Turkish coffee!

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

• Turkish first
Santiago, Chile
“half very good food, half worst attention ever”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

gotta say I'm talking about Ali Baba's Terrace, which is the same chain of this one, at 2nd ave and 46 st in NYC.
they have a very good food, I tried turkish lamb meatballs, which is a big deal, delicious! BUT, owner was SUCH A JERK: he looked at me because I was wearing sneakers, treated me rude and didn't enjoyed my lunch, have in mind it was not busy hour for the restaurant.
Treat better your clients.
I want come back and you, you better think other options in Manhattan, this is not a good one to enjoy good moments, just good food.

• Visited April 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great, authentic Turkish food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

Very generous portions, real Turkish food. The music and delicious food made me feel like I was in Turkey for a moment. I will definitely go back.

Stratford, Connecticut, United States
“At the Terrace - Lunch was special!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Just happened to be walking to Lexington from the U.N. on 46th street and we saw the place. Lunch special was $20, with a "salad", entree, and glass of house white or red. I had the eggplant "salad", spicy meatballs, great glass of Turkish red wine. Lots of hot flat bread, with attentive service. Lunch crowd during the week is primarily business folks, but we were treated as well as they were. Get there before 12:45 for lunch to get better seating. The place is not that large in the early spring before the outside seating opens.

East Brunswick, New Jersey
“Great Local Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We actually visited Ali Baba's Terrace, the 2nd Avenue & 46th Street location, for dinner with friends. It wasn't our first time there. As usual, the service was attentive. We started with the assorted spreads appetizer, a favorite. All the cloices are delicious. For dinner, lamb was the theme of the night. Three of us got the Coban Kavurma, a generous portion of chunks of lamb sauteed with vegetables. It was very good. My wife had the Stuffed Cabbage - 4 pieces stuffed with ground lamb covered with a delicious sauce. Complimentary Turkish tea ended the satisfying meal.

We especially enjoy Ali Baba's in the good weather when the terrace is open. The view is nice and it's a great place to enjoy good food and wine. We will be back.