“Good Guacamole!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Dos Caminos Soho

Dos Caminos Soho
475 West Broadway at Houston Street, New York City, NY 10012 (Greenwich Village)
(212) 277-4300
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Dos Caminos Soho is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,619 of 11,180 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Romantic, Entertaining clients, Special occasions, Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Greenwich Village
Cross street: Houston Street
Transit: A, C & E trains to West 4th Street, N, R & W trains to Prince Street, 6 train to Bleecker Street, F & V trains to Broadway/Lafayette Street.
Chandler, Arizona
“Good Guacamole!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

The restaurant is cute and quaint like most of the restaurants in the Soho district. I liked the outdoor seating and the eclectic text mex style food. Beingfrom the west coast I'm more biased towards traditional Mexican food but liked the variety of the menu. We ordered the guacamole for two and it was $14, seemed a little steep but the guacamole was definitely good and the portion was large. The chips and salsas are very basic! The chips seem like typical chain Mexican food chips and the salsa is just a little sampler. My husband ordered the chicken taquitos appetizer and they were different, not great. Maybe a little too much emphasis on being different rather than sticking to traditional tex mex style. I ordered the Asada tacos and they were delicious, however, very spicy. I love my food spicy and the waitress cautiously informed me and they were perfect!!!! Just the right amount of everything. The meat was very tender and not at all fatty. The drinks were expensive and small. Overall a good restaurant but a little pricey, however, it is NYC. Not sure I would return but enjoyed the dinner overall.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Southwest Harbor, Maine
“Good food, not so good service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

We went on a visit to NYC with our family. It was very average. Food was good, service was not. Slow service and not very attentive. No Martini Glasses for the Martini's? Really! Good Margarita. Limited menu, hard to find something for kids to eat.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“It's loud, it's too hip, you'll wait to get a table - but 100% worth it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

Wow. The first of many times I ate here I was prepared to hate the whole experience. Croweded, too loud, and too trendy. But then the food came, along with very attentive service, and that is when my skepticism ended. I am not even going to mention any dishes - okay I'll mention the roasted corn on the cob pieces - DO NOT LEAVE WITHOUT HAVING ONE OF THESE. Oh, and the tortillas - heavenly. But I cannot recommend any entree over another. Everything is basically perfect; every time I have been here (at least 5 or 6 times). It is pricey but for once, I have no complaints. This is how Mexican food tastes in the finest restaurants in Mexico. I don't know who the chef here is but definitely a master. In good weather, outdoor seating is great and less din even though it is on Houston. A great Fri or Sat plan might be: shop around Soho in the aft, eat an early dinner here and then taxi or subway uptown (Prince St Station) for a show. Off-broadway show - probably closer so even better.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Port Washington, New York
“Solid choice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

Ordered takeout from here for lunch while working with some friends. FIsh tacos...awesome. Chicken quesadillas were spicy and full of flavor. Fried plantains were good, but a little soggy. Spicy chicken salad was robust in size and taste. Overall, it was a little pricey. I'd order it again.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Medicine Hat, Canada
“Classic Bait and Switch”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

Before we even open the Menu the waiter asks us if we wants Chips and Salsa to which we agree.
The waiter then asked us if we wanted Guacamole with that.
Thinking that is was just a side of Guacamole with the Chips and Salsa we agree.
Then after opening the Menu we discover the Guacamole was $14.00!
After advising the Waiter that we did not know this, he sends over the Manager.
The manager explains that the prices are clearly posted and he asks what he can do.

Upon receiving our bill, the Manager removed the Chips and Salsa. (don't know why, as we actually ordered the Chips and Salsa.

How about removing the Guacanole?!

The tacos were great, but the whole event dampened the meal.

I wouldn't go back.