“Gyro is my Hero” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Gyro II

Gyro II
427 7th Ave, New York City, NY 10001-2001 (Chelsea)
212-239-0646
Neighborhood: Chelsea
South Orange, New Jersey
“Gyro is my Hero”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Let's face it, every eatery can't be fancy.....As long as the food is good.
I love gyros (pronounced hero) and Gyro II has both lamb and chicken for your satisfaction. I keep it authentic with lamb...and the tzatkiki is perfection. The grape leaves are not bad either, but I usually stick with the gyro sandwich or gyro salad. For those who prefer Italian fare, the NY style pizza is thin, crunchy and incredible.
Like I said, Gyro II is not fancy but they do provide some seating, down and upstairs, but don't expect tables and tablecloths, just good eats.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Great gyro”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Clean, pleasant customer service. Filling, fresh vegetables and sauce. I will return and bring friends.

Visited April 2013
Wlimore, KY
“Flavor, flavor flavor!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

On the last night of our visit to NYC, I got the craving for a good gyro. I did a quick search and found this place. A quick subway ride and we located it quite easily. The gyros are HUGE and delicious. I don't think I've had meat that fresh in a gyro in a long time. The sauce along with the onion, lettuce, and tomato really make this an incredible culinary experience. I also ordered greek fries and a soda. You have to purchase fries and a drink separately (there are no combo meals that put all of this together) and they do not offer free refills (perhaps this is the norm in NYC?). There is minimal seating in the restaurant, and they have a couple other vendors selling pizza slices and burgers/fries. If you are a gyro fan, you will not be disappointed. Will definitely be back next time I'm in NYC.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Katonah, New York
“My Favorite Gyro Place!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

This place is anything but fancy, the atmosphere leaves everything to be desired, but the gyros are delicious and dirt-cheap. I visit this place on my way into The Garden and save lots of money on the overpriced food there. Have a gyro and enjoy!

Visited December 2012
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
“Great for a quick bite to eat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

A friend of mine told me about this place - so on my last trip to NYC i figure i'd give it a try. The place itself is very small, i got the last seat left.

I got the Gyro platter, and most like anything in NYC, it was about $10 with a drink. However, the portion is enormous...had to be close to 2 pounds of food, i barely made a dent. The gyro meat was very tasty and the sauce had a good, unique taste to it. It's not like standard Tzatziki Sauce, it's a bit sweeter...but still very good. Only issue is it's very watery so it tends to run all over the place.

Very impressed overall, and i'll be back on my next visit to the big apple

• Visited March 2012