“Decent Italian, one fault” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Patsy's Italian Restaurant

Patsy's Italian Restaurant
236 W 56th St, New York City, NY 10019-4306 (Manhattan)
+1 212-247-3491
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #12 of 11,595 restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Entertaining clients
Neighborhood: Manhattan
Description: Since 1944, we've been a family-run restaurant offering classic Neapolitan cuisine in a warm, friendly environment.
Madison, Mississippi
“Decent Italian, one fault”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

Authentic Italian in a nice setting. Only five-minute walk to major theatres. Ordered Veal Rollatini and Chicken Parmesan - good portions. Waiter was attentive, but not terribly personable. No online dessert menu because they have a dessert cart with changing items - strawberries and cream, tiramisu, and Italian cream cake on our night. Suggest reservations. Would eat here again to try other menu items. A small peeve of mine - Pepsi instead of Coke.

85% Recommend
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Dublin, Ohio
“Just wonderful!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

I had been in NYC for several days and met up with an old friend at Patsy's!
The food was OUTSTANDING, the service was FABULOUS...my only regret is that I didn't host my customer dinner from the night before there...but, NEXT time I will!! Sal is warm, friendly, and our wait staff chose dishes for us, wine, and couldn't have treated us better. Best service in NYC!
We were lucky enough to get our picture with Richard Petty since numerous celebs come to Patsy's. It was just a great experience and absolutely the best in NYC.
thanks Sal!!

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
East Windsor, New Jersey
“You'll be glad you came”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

With my wife and 2 other couples we visited Patsys on a busy Saturday night for her birthday before going to a Broadway show. I knew Patsys was an old Sinatra favorite and therefore was a "bucket list" visit for me. All but one had never been there before so we were all there on my recommendation. The pressure was on!

Our night was everything you would expect from a high end NYC Italian restaurant. The atmosphere was charmingly old school without feeling dated. The food was terrific and most importantly the service was friendly and unpretentious. The owner, Sal took the time to talk to us for quite awhile at our request and showed us pictures of various celebrities who had come in, not in a "show off" way but in response to our questions regarding Sinatra and the old days.

I really appreciated the spacing of the courses as we weren't rushed at all. My invited guests were happy and therefore I was happy too. Ricotta cheese cake was out of this world.

One word of caution, its located in the busiest part of the city so leave time to get there if you drive in.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
High Point, North Carolina
“Great food at a good price....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

If you are looking for somewhere to eat some nice Italian fare - at a reasonable price - try Patsy's. After a serious afternoon of shopping with my wife, we were a bit hungry - but did not want to stand and wait.

We saw the Patsy's Pizza sign and headed for it. Service was very good, we were seated and our order was taken quickly. We did not feel rushed. The lasagna I had was very cheesy and taste was very good. My wife had a peperoni pizza, and the peperoni was fresh and full of flavor. So was the crust, and sauce. Our meal was served with a nice helping f fresh bread, and extra virgin olive oil.

The meal was very good. I absolutely would recommend Patsy's as a nice stop to have a very good casual meal, at a good price.

I would recommend this restaurant to anyone that enjoyes

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Sidney, Canada
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

Another recommendation from Trip Advisor reviewers, It was walking distance from our hotel and we decided to go out at the last minute. We called and they had no reservations available, but suggested that we come over and they would see if they could fit us in. We did, and they fit us in at about 9:30 pm. The place is very nicely done. Even though it was crowded we had excellent service! They were perfectly attentive and the food was very nice. It all tasted very fresh and we were very pleased i'm leaving in Dubai but definitelyif ill come back I will visit again

Visited December 2013