“Wow!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Rice to Riches

Rice to Riches
37 Spring St, Frnt A, New York City, NY 10012-5723 (Manhattan)
212-274-0008
Neighborhood: Manhattan
Andover, New Jersey
“Wow!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

A couple of women I worked with recommended Rice to Riches to me. If you are a rice pudding lover, then this is the place to visit when in New York City.

My wife loves rice pudding and I rarely make it for her. When I told her about this place, she couldn’t wait to go. Even walking through the streets of lower Manhattan didn’t discourage her and when she stepped into the small shop and saw the 20+ types of rice pudding, she was in heaven. Yes, that is correct; they have more than twenty flavors of rice pudding! We tried the banana coconut and the butterscotch. And we shared. We had to; it was so filling, one couldn’t eat it alone.

What I really enjoyed were the various signs they had posted around the store. I have posted some with the blog post because who wants to see a photo of a bowl of pudding?

Gainesville, Florida
“Really really tasty treat!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

My wife and I were perusing some of the shops in the area and happened to pass rice to riches. We had no idea what it was so we decided to check it out. I must say I had no idea rice pudding could be so good. They have a very wide selection of flavors and I loved that you are able to sample as many as you like. We settled on the french toast rice pudding and loved it. The pudding was rich creamy and very flavorful. I would definitely recommend this spot for a tasty treat.

Tallahassee,FL
“Unexpected Treat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

We happened upon this place as we were waiting for our table at Lombardi's. It was totally unexpected. They have flavors ranging from french toast to cheesecake and they all tasted amazing. As an unexpected bonus , the little to go containers are reusable.

New York City, New York
“Delightful treat in NoLita”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

I am a New York City tour guide always on the lookout for new places to eat. Recently, I was in NoLita on Spring Street to drop some clients at America's first pizza restaurant. Across the street between Mulberry St and Mott St I noticed the distinctive façade of Rice to Riches. Cold, creamy, non-fat desserts. Let's not discuss carbs. Chilled rice pudding in exciting favors like tiramisu. I didn't take chances on my first visit: chocolate. I wasn't disappointed. 1960s sci-fi furnishings that would make Barbarella feel at home and a delicious desert as well. A small rice pudding is $7.00 and it's not small. Highly recommended. Whatever the address on the caption says, the correct address is the north side of Spring Street between Mulberry St and Mott St.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great Brand, Very Well Put Together And Tasty Too!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

There was too little wrong with this establishment to bear talking about so I won't, the positives are numerous. The main attraction in this place is obviously their sole produce: Rice Pudding. Coming in a large variety of flavours and with sauces available (for extra $) you are certainly spoiled for choice. The stuff tastes great though I would recommend not going for the chocolate flavour as it overpowers the traditional rice pudding taste to which you may be accustomed (not to say that it's particularly bad just strongly different). This place is certainly unique, well styled and fashioned with great food. As for the location, this venue is perfect for a post-Lombardi's dessert as it is situated directly opposite the pizza place.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere