“Terrible way to handle business” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Sugar Sweet Sunshine

Sugar Sweet Sunshine
126 Rivington St, Frnt 1, New York City, NY 10002-2391 (Lower East Side)
212-995-1960
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dessert
Neighborhood: Lower East Side
New York City, New York
“Terrible way to handle business”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

Raised their prices for the 64 oz banana pudding from $30 to $35. Rip off now!. Before it was a good deal compared to Magnolia's Bakery. Now, I would prefer Magnolia Bakery since they both cost the same and Magnolia tastes better in my opinion. I think that Magnolia is less sweet.

Reason for the 1 stars, 0 if I could is that I ordered the tub of banana pudding one day in advance as usual (about 30 hrs in advanced). When I got to the store, the lady checked her sheet of paper and it had my name on it but my pudding was nowhere to be found. She then nonchalantly brings out an empty plastic container and fills it up with the banana pudding they had made for the regular customers for the day. I was livid!! I was pissed!! They just filled the tub, and didn't bother to add any nilla wafers to it. The whole point of getting the tub is to have it presentable. I had to bring it to a diner event that night and not even an apology was muttered. If anything, I should have gotten an apology or got the item for free since they forgot the order. From buying the tub twice now and they can easily mess it up, they are only reliable for 50% of the time.

In summary, I would not come here again.
1. Cost the same as Magnolia, no point coming down this far.
2. Forgot my order which I placed 1 day in advance.
3. No apology for their mistake.
4. Didn't even offer to make it presentable or provide nilla wafers.
5. No customary compensation whatsoever.

Terrible way to handle business!

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Monteverde, Guanacaste, Costa Rica
“great pudding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

When you visit NYC, banana pudding may not be tops on your list of things to eat, but the puddings at Sugar Sweet Sunshine are worth a trip out of your way. For around $5 you can get a heaping serving of banana (or chocolate, etc.) deliciousness. I didn't try the cupcakes, but they looked great too. Simple, tasty and inexpensive - what's not to like?

Visited November 2013
New York City, New York
“Delicious and surprisingly cheap cupcakes”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I only wish this place were located more centrally, as I rarely make it down to the LES. On second thought, maybe I'm better off this way, and at least 10 lbs skinnier. :) I have a major sweet tooth and have checked out most if not all of the cupcake places in Manhattan. This is one of my favorites, because they sell delicious homemade cupcakes at a very reasonable price. There are some other cupcake shops I really enjoy the taste of but I think $4.00 for a small cupcake seems a bit ridiculous so I only get them once in a while. I also like that Sugar Sweet Sunshine makes several different flavors, some of them really unique. I was having brunch with friends down in the area last weekend, and decided I needed to get 2 to take home because I just couldn't decide which flavor I wanted to try more (strawberry cake/pb frosting, or lemon - my usual favorite). Highly recommend this place, and only wish there were locations in other neighborhoods.

Visited November 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“The Best Pudding EVER”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

We stumbled on this little shop by random happenstance while on a date in NYC one weekend and now we go back every time we're in the city! Our favorite is mixing the banana pudding and the chocolate pudding; it's so delicious and everyone who works there is so friendly and talkative! Definitely worth a trip =)

Visited August 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“Pistachio Cupcakes”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

My favorite: Pistachio Cupcakes. My girlfriend from grad school used to live right above this sweet little shop; it's how I first discovered how amazing a cupcake can be. I love the non-artificial frosting!

Want to know more about NYC? Find me on blogspot: laughlovedress

• Visited November 2012